PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 am      Post subject: In search of Jozef Kuras Family - Nowy Targ and/or Waksmund

Hello. I am in search of information for the family of Jozef Kuras (no DOB – most likely born in the early 1800s) and was from either Nowy Targ or Waksmund.

According to the records, Jozef married a woman with the first name of Bronislawa; we are lacking her maiden name. Their union produced the following children:

1. Bartholomew who married Anna Bem. They settled in Gallitzin, PA and had 9 children.
2. Anna who married Jozef Zarnecki (my maternal great-grandparents). They stayed in Poland.
3. Antonina who married a Mr. Cescarcz. They stayed in Poland.

At some point, Jozef Kuras died and Bronislawa married Wojiech Wasielak. Their marriage produced two daughters:

1. Tekla (DOB: 06-29-1877; DOD: 03-30-1954) who married Jacob Bem (DOB: 05-21-1876; DOD: 08-31-1964). They were married on 11-22-1897 at St. Stephen’s Roman Catholic Church in Johnstown, PA. Initially, they settled in Gallitzin, PA, but moved and established a home in Portage, PA. They had 9 children.

2. Jadwiga who married Joseph Bem (brother to both Jacob and Anna Bem). One of their sons was Fr. Frank Bem. I have seen family photos taken on the day of Fr. Frank’s ordination on this website.

In addition, I am looking for information regarding my maternal great-grandparents: Anna Kuras who married Jozef Zarnecki. Their marriage produced three daughters:

1. Maryanna (DOB: 04-10-1985; DOD: 04-13-1958) who married Jan Bednarczyk (DOB: 02-21-1891; DOD: 01-22-1968). They were married on 10-30-1916 at Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church in Portage, PA. Their union produced 9 children – my mother being the third oldest.

2. Rosalia who married Sebastian Sral. They had two children: Helena who married Walter Lyszaczaz (or Lyszacraz) and Frank. I had the opportunity to meet Helena and her family during a trip to Nowy Targ and Waksmund in 1990.

3. Jadwiga (DOB: 01-13-1900; DOD: 07-04-1922). She never married.

Many thanks for any information that may be provided. This is a marvelous website and one that is filled with such interesting stories and research.

Mary Frances Bryja
Montgomery Village, Maryland
lextart

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:15 pm      Post subject: Kuras x Bem

If you're still looking... I'm descended from Bartholomew/Anna. I have a picture of the family tree I can send you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: