PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 pm      Post subject: Antoni Wroblewski and his wife Theophilia Okotch

Antoni Wroblewski and his wife Theophilia Okotch. My husband's 2nd great grandfather and grandmother who came from Polish Russia. They are in the 1920 census under Wroblowsky in Maynard Massachusetts. Claimed arrival in 1911/1912, but cannot find ship manifest. The 1930 census listed them with a James Veronitz as a grandfather, but cannot locate him anywhere else. After the 1930 census, these three go missing. No 1940 census records, no death records, nothing. I would like to find any data on them before 1920 (Birth, Marriage, Arrival, etc.) and after 1930 (Death Records, Burials, etc.).

The story I have from the grandson is that Antoni went to University and was a doctor in Poland and lived in the household of the Okotch family (where he met his future wife). He was not able to continue to practice medicine in the USA. He allegedly helped treat some people in the Maynard area, and they tried to prosecute him, but the people signed a petition to say he did no harm. He passed away in a logging accident in the 1920's (but hes in the 1930 census). and that the wife re-married Alex Kowalski (not confirmed).

Name variations below:
Antoni, Anthony, Antonio, Antony. Wroblewski, Wroblowsky, Wrublesky, Wrublewski, Wrublasky
Theophilia, Tillie, Teofila, Mary, Terphilla, Tofella, Tofelia, Tafila. Akok, Okoc, Akre, Akoc, Okotch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: