PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:59 am      Post subject:

JGwizdowski wrote:
Greetings, Michael:

Though I'm able to gleen most of the pertinent information from this 1876 marriage record of my g. grandparents, I'm having a difficult time with the specifics, especially dates and ages. A proper translation would be most helpful and a joy to read in its original meaning. I will be most grateful..at your convenience. Thank you!

Joe,

Please find attached the German as well as the English version of your document.

Regards
Michael

The German version, page 1 (the line break is according to the original):

B Nr. 9
Waitzenau am vierten Juli
tausend acht hundert siebenzig und sechs
Vor dem unterzeichneten Standesbeamten erschien heute zum
Zweck der Eheschließung:
1. der Organist Anton Koscinski
der Persönlichkeit nach
bekannt
katholischer Religion, geboren den zwölften Mai
des Jahres tausend acht hundert
vierzig und sieben zu Bobrowo
, wohnhaft eben daselbst
Sohn des verstorbenen Organisten Johann Koscinski
und dessen Ehefrau Marianna Kromka wohnhaft
zu Bobrowo
2. die Bauerstochter Marianna Lulla
der Persönlichkeit nach
bekannt,
katholischer Religion, geboren den siebenten Februar
des Jahres tausend acht hundert
fünfzig und sieben zu Bukowiec
, wohnhaft ebendaselbst
Tochter des Bauers Simon Lulla und dessen Ehe-
frau Anna geborene Gryza wohnhaft
zu Bukowiec

Page 2

Als Zeugen waren zugezogen und erschienen:
3. der Musikus Mathias Lulla
der Persönlichkeit nach
bekannt
ein und fünfzig Jahre alt, wohnhaft zu Bukowiec
4. der Käthner Simon Szostakowski
der Persönlichkeit nach
bekannt,
vier und fünfzig Jahre alt, wohnhaft zu Bukowiec

In Gegenwart der Zeugen richtete der Standesbeamte an
die Verlobten einzeln und nach einander die Frage:
ob sie erklären, daß sie die Ehe mit einander eingehen wollen.
Die Verlobten beantworteten diese Frage bejahend und erfolgte
hierauf der Ausspruch des Standesbeamten, daß er sie nunmehr
kraft des Gesetzes für rechtmäßig verbundene Eheleute erkläre.

Vorgelesen, genehmigt und von den Erschienenen 1 u[nd] 3 un-
terschrieben von den übrigen wegen Schreibensun-
kunde mit Handzeichen versehen.
Anton Koscinski +++ Hz [Handzeichen] der Marianna Lulla
Mathias Lulla +++ Hz [Handzeichen] des Simon Szostakowski
Der Standesbeamte.
Stoike
Die Übereinstimmung mit dem Hauptregister beglaubigt
Waitzenau am 4ten Juli 1876
Der Standesbeamte.
Stoike

The English version, page 1

B No. 9
Waitzenau on July 4, 1876
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:
1. the organist Anton Koscinki of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on May 12, 1847 in Bobrowo, residing ibid., son of the deceased organist Johann Koscinski and his wife Marianna Kromka residing in Bobrowo
2. the farmer‘s daughter Marianna Lulla of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on February 7, 1857 in Bukowiec, residing ibid., daughter of the farmer Simon Lulla and his wife Anna born Gryza, residing in Bukowiec

Page 2

The following were present and appeared as witnesses:
3. the musician Mathias Lulla of known identity, 51 years old, residing in Bukowiec
4. the cottager Simon Szotakowski of known identity, 54 years old, residing in Bukowiec

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, authorized and signed by the appeared parties 1 and 3, and due to that they cannot write marked with their signs by the other parties
Anton Koscinski +++ sign of Marianna Lulla
Mathias Lulla +++ sign of Simon Szostakowski
The Registrar.
Stoike.
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Waitzenau on July 4, 1876. The Registrar. Stoike.
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:05 pm      Post subject:

Kmichael8 wrote:

Joe,

Please find attached the German as well as the English version of your document.

Regards
Michael

Michael...this is extremely helpful and I am VERY greatful for your wonderful translation! Thank you!
Joe

indgene

Replies: 6

Post Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:23 pm      Post subject: More on Name translations

Michael -

Still working on Clara Elisabet Blase from my last posting a few weeks ago.

I now see that this is a blended family. Clara and her first husband. Clara and her 2nd husband. Then the 2nd husband and new wife after Clara's death. All on the same church family register page.

I've added a couple pictures.

Picture one is Clara, with her first husband. Is it Gerhard Heinrich ________ ? This is the most important thing I need, his surname.

Picture two is the list of witnesses/sponsors for this family. I believe some are given names only, some are given and surnames. I'm sure knowing some of these will give me good clues where to go next. If this list/picture is too small, I can cut the list into halves and post two pictures of it.

Picture three is birth dates. Are the first two March or May? And the 3rd is January?

Thanks again for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Dan

BLASE, Clara Elisabet first marriage.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.95 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

BLASE, Clara Elisabet first marriage.jpg

BLASE, Clara Elisabet family sponsors.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  433.66 KB

BLASE, Clara Elisabet family sponsors.jpg

BLASE, Clara Elisabet childrens birth dates.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.7 KB

BLASE, Clara Elisabet childrens birth dates.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:29 am      Post subject: Re: More on Name translations

indgene wrote:
Michael -

Still working on Clara Elisabet Blase from my last posting a few weeks ago.

I now see that this is a blended family. Clara and her first husband. Clara and her 2nd husband. Then the 2nd husband and new wife after Clara's death. All on the same church family register page.

I've added a couple pictures.

Picture one is Clara, with her first husband. Is it Gerhard Heinrich ________ ? This is the most important thing I need, his surname.

Picture two is the list of witnesses/sponsors for this family. I believe some are given names only, some are given and surnames. I'm sure knowing some of these will give me good clues where to go next. If this list/picture is too small, I can cut the list into halves and post two pictures of it.

Picture three is birth dates. Are the first two March or May? And the 3rd is January?

Thanks again for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Dan

Dan,

It is always difficult with names but I will have a try.

The first picture shows what I read as „Johan Heinrich Altengarten“. Clara’s name is written „Blasen“.

The names on the second picture I read as

Johan Henrich Marten
Clara Elisabeth Bahsen

Anna Maria Klings [?]
Cathrina Elsabeth Gröpen
Clara Maria Winters

Johan Friederich Tithemeier
Clara Elisabeth Bahsen [same name as above]

Maria Elisa Niemans
Gerhard Tegge
Anna Dorthia Sölmans

Johan Friederich Zittelmaier [same name as above]
Gr. [Greta?] Maria Wiedebrock
Johann Heinrich Slieman

Juden Milly
Fr. [Friederike?] Witte Wilh. [Wilhelm or Wilhelmine]
Loharmann Wilhel-
mine Weizmann [„z“ unsure]
So it could read as: „The Jews: Milly Friederike Witte, Wilhelm (or Wilhelmine) Loharmann, Wilhelmine Weizmann“

The third picture gives the dates as „März“ (March), „May“ (it was quite common to use the letter „y“ – often with two dots on top – instead of „i“) and „Janu[ar]“ (January).

Best regards

Michael
Steve Ecclestone

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:23 am      Post subject: Marriage translation

I am hoping someone can translate the details of this marriage document. It should contain the details for a friends grand-parents marriage.

Many thanks

Steve Ecclestone

Image00002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.27 MB

Image00002.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:28 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage translation

Steve Ecclestone wrote:
I am hoping someone can translate the details of this marriage document. It should contain the details for a friends grand-parents marriage.

Many thanks

Steve Ecclestone

Steve,

The document is written in German, the stamp on the right side of the first page is Polish. I am not sure about the Polish part but would assume it says that the groom died on September 15, 1947. The German part says:

Page 1

B No. 25
Mietschisko [Mieścisko] on October 19, 1901
1. the stone mason [Maurergeselle] Fater Pszyborski of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on October 2, 1873 in Mietschisko, residing in Mietschisko, son of the roofer [Dachdecker] Eduard Pszyborski who deceased in Mietschisko and his wife Josepha born Gabewki residing in Mietschisko
2. Stanislawa Florkavzka, no special occupation [ohne besonderen Beruf], of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on April 6, 1874 in Kirchen Podlesche Gutem, residing in Kirchen Podlesche Gutem, daughter of the carpenter [Tischler] Ignatz and Julianna born Jankrzakowa [?] Florkavzkischen, spouses residing in Kirchen Podlesche Gutem

Page 2

3. the businessman [Kaufmann] Joseph Jasinski of known identity, 35 years old, residing in Mietschisko
4. the innkeeper [Gastwirth] Kasimir Pszyborski of known identity, 36 years old, residing in Mietschisko

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: whether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, authorized and signed
Fater Pszyborski
Stanislawa Pszyborska born Florkavzka
Josef Jasinski
Kasimir Pszyborski
The Registrar.
Bier [?].

Best Regards,

Michael
Steve Ecclestone

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:12 am      Post subject: Przyborski Marriage

Hello Michael

First I must say many thank yous for your wonderful work. As a volunteer transcriber with FREEREG here in the UK I have donated over a half million baptismal records for 19th century Norfolk County churches and never expected to be bamboozled by a 20th century document - even one from Poland.

There are a couple of minor discrepancies with the transcript- from this couple's son's UK naturalisation papers we know his father was "Piotr" or "Peter" and the family name is Przyborski rather than with the "s". Quite understandable given the handwriting style.

The son of this couple was Teofil who escaped the Nazi invasion to make a new life in England. He was born in Podlesie Koscielne on 12th December 1903 as per the attached document. I am wondering if this is the same place as that deduced for Stanislavia's residence in the Marriage?

Many thanks again for your kind work

Steve Ecclestone on behalf of Stefan Przyborski

Image00001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  796.65 KB

Image00001.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:15 am      Post subject: Re: Przyborski Marriage

Steve Ecclestone wrote:
Hello Michael

First I must say many thank yous for your wonderful work. As a volunteer transcriber with FREEREG here in the UK I have donated over a half million baptismal records for 19th century Norfolk County churches and never expected to be bamboozled by a 20th century document - even one from Poland.

There are a couple of minor discrepancies with the transcript- from this couple's son's UK naturalisation papers we know his father was "Piotr" or "Peter" and the family name is Przyborski rather than with the "s". Quite understandable given the handwriting style.

The son of this couple was Teofil who escaped the Nazi invasion to make a new life in England. He was born in Podlesie Koscielne on 12th December 1903 as per the attached document. I am wondering if this is the same place as that deduced for Stanislavia's residence in the Marriage?

Many thanks again for your kind work

Steve Ecclestone on behalf of Stefan Przyborski

Steve

Thanks for your feedback.

There were two administrative units: Kirchen Podlesche Gut, having 159 inhabitants in 1910, and just a stone’s throw away Kirchen Podlesche Dorf, with 54 inhabitants in 1910. A “Gut” or “Gutsbezirk” had no local council and was represented by the landowner, whereas a “Dorf” or “Gemeinde” was represented by a local council.

When she married, Stanislawa lived in Kirchen Podlesche Gut and obviously later moved to the village, where she gave birth to her child. It looks as if the registrar in 1903 combined German and Polish names when he wrote Kirchen Podlesie Dorf.

Please find attached a link to a map from 1936 that provides the German and Polish names:

http://maps.mapywig.org/m/German_maps/series/025K_TK25/3269_Mietschisko_1936.jpg

Best Regards

Michael
Steve Ecclestone

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:28 am      Post subject: Przyborski Marriage

Thank you again Michael for the map that clarifies the situation and places them all in the same area.

Our next step will be to start looking for Peter Przyborski and Stanislavia Florkowska in baptismal records.

As well as the two marriages of the respective great-grandparents.

Such is genealogical life for every problem resolved two more opportunities appear.

Thanks you indeed for your help.

Steve & Stefan
Jaroslaw

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:30 pm      Post subject: Moczigemba Theodor

Is anyone who could translate German text, which is about my great grandfather Theodor Moczygiemba.
Please help.
Jaroslaw

FD7FA4A0-3808-4BC1-82BA-1B9C1940A4D6.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  826.33 KB

FD7FA4A0-3808-4BC1-82BA-1B9C1940A4D6.jpeg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:54 pm      Post subject: Re: Moczigemba Theodor

Jaroslaw wrote:
Is anyone who could translate German text, which is about my great grandfather Theodor Moczygiemba.
Please help.
Jaroslaw

Jaroslaw

Please find attached the German part of your document

Best regards,

Michael

Nach Aussage des hiesigen Kirch-
Taufbuches pro 1853, ist dem Einlie-
ger Johann Moczigemba zu
Stephanshain von xxx [This word is illegible, I would expect from the context „seinem“ or his] Ehewei-
be Ludwina geborene Bieniek
am 9ten November 1800 drei und
fünfzig ein ehel. [ehelicher] Sohn geboren, wel-
cher am 11ten ej:m [eiusdem] in hiesiger
Pfarrkirche mit Namen Theodor
getauft wurde.
Die Richtigkeit bescheinigt am-
tlich
Himmelwitz, d. [den] 19ten August 1861
Ludercia [?]
Pfarrer.

According to the local church baptismal register of 1853 on November 9, 1853 a marital son was born to Einlieger (farm laborer) Johann Moczigemba residing in Stephanshain from his wife Ludwina born Bieniek, and was baptized Theodor on November 11 in the local church.
The correctness certifies officially
Himmelwitz on August 19, 1861
Ludercia
clergyman.
chiguy60

Replies: 17

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:26 am      Post subject: Translation for Marie Pokorny

Can anyone translate this for me. It's for my Great Grandmother Marie Pokorny. She married my Great Grandfather Jan Grzyb who was from Swiecany and they lived in Ostrava where my Grandmother Hermina and her Brother Stefana were born before coming to the US. Not much was known about her. Was said she was orphaned and spoke with a Bohemian accent and had a German prayer book. Trying to determine if this a birth certificate or if there are any clues that tell me where she is from.
Thank you in advance.

Marie Pokorny Birth 002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  152.39 KB

Marie Pokorny Birth 002.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:57 am      Post subject: Re: Translation for Marie Pokorny

chiguy60 wrote:
Can anyone translate this for me. It's for my Great Grandmother Marie Pokorny. She married my Great Grandfather Jan Grzyb who was from Swiecany and they lived in Ostrava where my Grandmother Hermina and her Brother Stefana were born before coming to the US. Not much was known about her. Was said she was orphaned and spoke with a Bohemian accent and had a German prayer book. Trying to determine if this a birth certificate or if there are any clues that tell me where she is from.
Thank you in advance.

This document is the first page of the Gesinde-Dienstbuch for Marie Pokorny. According to the Gesindeordnung (servant’s law) someone working as a servant had to provide this Dienstbuch (register of service) when he or she entered into service. When leaving the service, it was returned to him or her with a statement on his or her conduct and behavior.

Marie’s register of service was issued in Schillersdorf, Kreis Ratibor on September 27, 1897.
She was residing in Ludgerzowitz, Kreis Ratibor, 23 years old (born on August 15, 1874) and her Signalement (description) is given as:
Statur: mittel (build: medium),
Augen: blau (color of eyes: blue),
Nase / Mund: proportioniert (nose and mouth: proportioned),
Haare: blond (color of hair: blond),
Besondere Merkmale: keine (specific features: none).

Whether Marie’s place of residence was also her place of birth is not provided in the document, but it might be a good starting point. It’s today Ludgeřovice in the Czech Republic (49° 54′ N, 18° 15′ O). Schillersdorf is today Šilheřovice in the Czech Republic (49° 55′ N, 18° 17′ O).

Best regards,
Michael
chiguy60

Replies: 17

Post Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:49 pm      Post subject: Translation of Koss-Ehlendt Marriage

Hi, can anyone translate this document for me? It is the marriage record for my Great Great Grand Parents Carl Koss and Auguste Ehlendt.
Thank you in advance!
Bob

Koss-Elendt Marriage A.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.98 MB

Koss-Elendt Marriage A.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:48 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of Koss-Ehlendt Marriage

chiguy60 wrote:
Hi, can anyone translate this document for me? It is the marriage record for my Great Great Grand Parents Carl Koss and Auguste Ehlendt.
Thank you in advance!
Bob

Bob

Please find attached the translation of the marriage record.

Best regards,

Michael

Page 1

B No. 20
Nawitz on December 2 (?), 1878
1. the laborer [Arbeitsmann] Carl Heinrich Koss of known identity, of Protestant religion, born on December 1, 1854 in Osseck [Osieki Lęborskie], residing in Dzinzelitz, son of the laborer [Arbeitsmann] Friedrich Koss and his wife Ernstine born Ritter residing in Dzinzelitz
2. Auguste Caroline Ehlendt, of known identity, of Protestant religion, born on March 21, 1859 in Bochowke [Bochówko], residing in Dzinzelitz, daughter of the laborer [Arbeitsmann] Joseph Ehlendt and his wife Caroline born Black, residing in Dzinzelitz

Page 2

3. the laborer [Arbeitsmann] Franz Koss of known identity, 27 years old, residing in Roslasin
4. the priest [Pastor] Hermann Kieper of known identity, 48 (?) years old, residing in Waldeck

Read aloud, authorized and undercrossed by the bride, signed by the others
Carl Koss
+++
Koss
Kieper
The Registrar.
C. Beckers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 12 of 95

Jump to: