PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 am      Post subject: Help with Polish Translation (message from Zamosc Archives)

Hello!

I received the email below the Zamosc Archive on the record of my grandfather Andrzej Kowalski. In the email it appears that his parents are Stanislaw and Maryanny z Larwów. I would like help to understand what "z Larwów" means, is it the surname of Maryanny or does it have another meaning?
Below is the full text of the email.

Pani

[i]Angela Lautert

W związku z Pani podaniem, Archiwum Państwowe w Zamościu uprzejmie informuje, że odnaleziono akt urodzenia na nazwisko Kowalski Andrzej syn Stanisława i Maryanny z Larwów w Aktach stanu cywilnego Parafii Rzymskokatolickiej w Tarnogrodzie z 1910 r. Jeżeli jest Pani zainteresowana uzyskaniem kopii w/w dokumentu prosimy o określenie w jakiej formie ma on być wydany: kserokopia, uwierzytelniona kserokopia czy skan. Informujemy, że koszt wykonania skanu wynosi 2,00 zł za stronę, koszt wykonania kserokopii wynosi 3,00 zł za stronę. W przypadku zainteresowania uzyskaniem kserokopii dokumentu prosimy o podanie adresu na jaki ma ona być wysłana. Dodatkowo informujemy, że w/w dokument nie zachował się w całości (brakuje górnej lewej części dokumentu).
[/i]

Thank you for the help!
Angela
Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:21 am      Post subject:

Hi Angela,
His parents, according to this email you received, were Stanislaw Kowalski and Maryanna Kowalska, whose maiden name was Larwa. Think of the phrase "z Larwów" as meaning "of the Larwa family," where the word "family" is implied. Because her name is not the subject of the sentence, the ending of her name changes from Maryanna to Maryanny, but don't let that confuse you. Her name was Maryanna.
Hope this helps,
Sophia
Angela Monteiro

Post Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:30 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much Sophia!
=oD
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:11 am      Post subject: Re: Help with Polish Translation (message from Zamosc Archiv

Angela Monteiro wrote:
Hello!

I received the email below the Zamosc Archive on the record of my grandfather Andrzej Kowalski. In the email it appears that his parents are Stanislaw and Maryanny z Larwów. I would like help to understand what "z Larwów" means, is it the surname of Maryanny or does it have another meaning?

Pani

[i]Angela Lautert

W związku z Pani podaniem, Archiwum Państwowe w Zamościu uprzejmie informuje, że odnaleziono akt urodzenia na nazwisko Kowalski Andrzej syn Stanisława i Maryanny z Larwów w Aktach stanu cywilnego Parafii Rzymskokatolickiej w Tarnogrodzie z 1910 r. Jeżeli jest Pani zainteresowana uzyskaniem kopii w/w dokumentu prosimy o określenie w jakiej formie ma on być wydany: kserokopia, uwierzytelniona kserokopia czy skan. Informujemy, że koszt wykonania skanu wynosi 2,00 zł za stronę, koszt wykonania kserokopii wynosi 3,00 zł za stronę. W przypadku zainteresowania uzyskaniem kserokopii dokumentu prosimy o podanie adresu na jaki ma ona być wysłana. Dodatkowo informujemy, że w/w dokument nie zachował się w całości (brakuje górnej lewej części dokumentu).
[/i]

Thank you for the help!
Angela

In connection with your application, the State Archives in Zamosc kindly advise that the birth certificate bearing the surname Andrzej Kowalski, the son of Stanislaw and Maryanna nee Larwa, has been found within civil registration records of the Roman Catholic Parish in Tarnogrod from the year 1910. Should you be interested in obtaining a copy of the aforementioned document, please specify the medium, namely, whether it should be made available to yourselves as a photocopy, a certified photocopy or as a scan. Please be advised that the cost of making a scan is PLN 2 per page, while the cost of making a photocopy is PLN 3 per page. Should you be interested in obtaining a photocopy of the document, please convey the address that it should be sent to. In addition to that, please be advised that the above-mentioned document is not preserved in its entirety, i.e. the upper left-hand part of the document is missing.
Angela Monteiro

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:39 pm      Post subject: Re: Help with Polish Translation (message from Zamosc Archiv

Thank you very much! Wink

Fantom wrote:
Angela Monteiro wrote:
Hello!

Pani

[i]Angela Lautert

[/i]

Thank you for the help!
Angela

In connection with your application, the State Archives in Zamosc kindly advise that the birth certificate bearing the surname Andrzej Kowalski, the son of Stanislaw and Maryanna nee Larwa, has been found within civil registration records of the Roman Catholic Parish in Tarnogrod from the year 1910. Should you be interested in obtaining a copy of the aforementioned document, please specify the medium, namely, whether it should be made available to yourselves as a photocopy, a certified photocopy or as a scan. Please be advised that the cost of making a scan is PLN 2 per page, while the cost of making a photocopy is PLN 3 per page. Should you be interested in obtaining a photocopy of the document, please convey the address that it should be sent to. In addition to that, please be advised that the above-mentioned document is not preserved in its entirety, i.e. the upper left-hand part of the document is missing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: