PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 382, 383, 384 ... 579, 580, 581  Next
Author

Replies: 72

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:58 pm      Post subject: Checking my translation of a birth record

I would greatly appreciate if someone could check my translation of the birth record for my ggrandfather. I have tried to recreate the Polish, then translate it into English. Both are shown below.

Polish:
Działo sie w Wsi Skrwilnie dnia dwudziestego Lutego Tysiąc osiemset pięćdziesiątego dziewiątego roku o godzinie pierwsze po południu. Stawil sie Szymon Tyburski owczarz Wsi Okalewie zamieszkały lat trzydzieści mający w obecności Walentiego Czarkowskiego lat trzydzieści i Marianna Cyslowskiego lat trzydzieści mający Wyrobnik w Okalewie zamieszkatych i Okazał nam Dziecię płci męskiej oświadczając łakowe urodzone jest w Okalewie na dniu ośiemnastego Lutego roku bieźącego godzinie ósmej Wieczór z jego Małźonki Marianna Szemborskich lat dwadzieścia mający Dziecięciu temu na Chrzcie Świętym w dniu dzisiejszym przez Ksiądz Antonius Rydelskich odbyły w nadane zostało Imię Franciczek a rodzicami jego chrzestnymi byli Franciszek Sławinski i Marianna Ziurkowska. Akt ten stają czemu i świadkowie przeczytany przez nas podpisany został świadkowie i pisać nie umieją.
Ksiadz Antoni Rydelski Parafia Skwilno Utrzymujacy Akta Metrykach

English:
It came to pass in the village of Skrwilno on day Thousand eight hundred fifty nine at the hour of one in the afternoon. Presented himself Szymon Tyburski shepherd residing in the village of Okalewo years thirty in the presence of Walenty Czarkowski years thirty and Mariana Cyslowska years thirty both day laborers residing in the village of Okalewo and showed us a male child born in the village of Okalewo on day eighteenth of February in the current year at the hour of eight in the evening to his wife Marianna Szemborska years twenty For this child Christening today was performed by Father Antoni Rydelski and given the name Franciszek His Godparents were Franciszek Sławinski and Marianna Ziurkowska. Then this document was read aloud to the father and the witnesses and signed by me only because the others were illiterate.

Parish Priest Antoni Rydelski, Parish Skrwilno

Thank you,
Gary D.

Franciszek Tyburski Birth 1859.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.62 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Franciszek Tyburski Birth 1859.jpg

Send e-mail
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:03 am      Post subject: Re: Checking my translation of a birth record

gdeborski wrote:
I would greatly appreciate if someone could check my translation of the birth record for my ggrandfather. I have tried to recreate the Polish, then translate it into English. Both are shown below.

Polish:
Działo sie w Wsi Skrwilnie dnia dwudziestego Lutego Tysiąc osiemset pięćdziesiątego dziewiątego roku o godzinie pierwsze po południu. Stawil sie Szymon Tyburski owczarz Wsi Okalewie zamieszkały lat trzydzieści mający w obecności Walentiego Czarkowskiego lat trzydzieści i Marianna Cyslowskiego lat trzydzieści mający Wyrobnik w Okalewie zamieszkatych i Okazał nam Dziecię płci męskiej oświadczając łakowe urodzone jest w Okalewie na dniu ośiemnastego Lutego roku bieźącego godzinie ósmej Wieczór z jego Małźonki Marianna Szemborskich lat dwadzieścia mający Dziecięciu temu na Chrzcie Świętym w dniu dzisiejszym przez Ksiądz Antonius Rydelskich odbyły w nadane zostało Imię Franciczek a rodzicami jego chrzestnymi byli Franciszek Sławinski i Marianna Ziurkowska. Akt ten stają czemu i świadkowie przeczytany przez nas podpisany został świadkowie i pisać nie umieją.
Ksiadz Antoni Rydelski Parafia Skwilno Utrzymujacy Akta Metrykach

English:
It came to pass in the village of Skrwilno on day Thousand eight hundred fifty nine at the hour of one in the afternoon. Presented himself Szymon Tyburski shepherd residing in the village of Okalewo years thirty in the presence of Walenty Czarkowski years thirty and Mariana Cyslowska years thirty both day laborers residing in the village of Okalewo and showed us a male child born in the village of Okalewo on day eighteenth of February in the current year at the hour of eight in the evening to his wife Marianna Szemborska years twenty For this child Christening today was performed by Father Antoni Rydelski and given the name Franciszek His Godparents were Franciszek Sławinski and Marianna Ziurkowska. Then this document was read aloud to the father and the witnesses and signed by me only because the others were illiterate.

Parish Priest Antoni Rydelski, Parish Skrwilno

Thank you,
Gary D.

Great job, Gary!
I only see two minor corrections: a) you forgot to include the day, February 20 (in english) b) Mariana, the second witness, is actually Maryan (male). That happens because of declension. For instance, Jan appears as Jana, Adam appears as Adama, ct. In addition, usually the witnesses are always of the masculine sex.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
rinny11

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:12 am      Post subject: Translation

Hello, would someone be so kind to translate the entry above the date 1841. Thank you, Mary

A3A2F188-F82D-4EE5-B1ED-E75C97E0CCBE.jpeg
 Description:
Top area is second part of entry for marriage of Vincent Jakubowski.
 Filesize:  1.95 MB

A3A2F188-F82D-4EE5-B1ED-E75C97E0CCBE.jpeg

CFC90A60-F249-432B-AE89-EFD5866E97E6.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.95 MB

CFC90A60-F249-432B-AE89-EFD5866E97E6.jpeg

Magroski49

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:40 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation

rinny11 wrote:
Hello, would someone be so kind to translate the entry above the date 1841. Thank you, Mary

Mary

the first entry refers to Wojciech Jankowski.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
rinny11

Replies: 21

Post Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:22 pm      Post subject: Translation

Thank you, I am interested in the entry above #1 entry. I’m trying to figure out the rest of entry from previous page. I found the marriage of my gr gr grandfather on an entry on the previous page,found out his town ,age and his brides name. The rest of the entry is at the top of this page about 1841 and #1. Thank you for your help. Mary
Magroski49

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:08 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

rinny11 wrote:
Thank you, I am interested in the entry above #1 entry. I’m trying to figure out the rest of entry from previous page. I found the marriage of my gr gr grandfather on an entry on the previous page,found out his town ,age and his brides name. The rest of the entry is at the top of this page about 1841 and #1. Thank you for your help. Mary

Mary,
what I read is: liczacy z zezwolenim Rodziców pó swysztych
3 zapowiedzicach i przy swiadkaska Jozefie
Prapcia i Stanislawie Kwasniewski

Google translated as: counting with the permission of the parents of the half-sighs
3 announcements and witness Józef
Prapcia and Stanislawa Kwasniewski

Gilberto
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:11 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

Magroski49 wrote:
rinny11 wrote:

Mary,
what I read is: liczacy z zezwolenim Rodziców pó swysztych
3 zapowiedzicach i przy swiadkaska Jozefie
Prapcia i Stanislawie Kwasniewski

Google translated as: counting with the permission of the parents of the half-sighs
3 announcements and witness Józef
Prapcia and Stanislawa Kwasniewski

Gilberto

Gilberto & Mary,

The lines in question are just part of the formula the priest used for all the entries on the page. The first word is actually part of what is written on the previous page and is giving the age of the bride. The word is a participle which is one way in which age can be expressed in Polish.
Here is the transcribed Polish:
"...z zezwoleniem Rodzicow po wszystkich 3 zapowiedziach i przy swiadkach Jozefie Kapcia i Stanislawie Kaniewskim."
Here is an actual human (by me) translation rather than a Google translation:
"...counting, with the permission of the parents, (and) after all three announcements of the banns (had been promulgated), in the presence of the witnesses Jozef Kapcia and Stanislaw Kaniewski."

Here is a short explanation of the forms (cases) and why the words are in those cases: z zezwolaniem---ending "em" is required after the preposition "z"/"with"; wszystkich 3 zapowiedziach---endings "ich" & "ach" are required after the preposition "po/"after"; swiadkach Jozefie etc. The endings "ach" "ie" and "im" are required after the preposition "przy/near/in the presence of".

When all is said and done the only significant info would be the age of the bride and the names of the witnesses. The other info is just taking care of legalities.

Gilberto, you are well on your way to being a polyglot.

Mary, wishing you success,

Dave
czaplicki

Replies: 49

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:02 am      Post subject: Translation of my half-aunt's birth record

Can someone translate the birth record of Dominika Olszewska?
Thank you in advance.
Conrad Czaplicki
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0130d&sy=1892&kt=1&plik=059-062.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
gdeborski

Replies: 72

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:04 am      Post subject: Re: Checking my translation of a birth record

Magroski49 wrote:

Great job, Gary!
I only see two minor corrections: a) you forgot to include the day, February 20 (in english) b) Mariana, the second witness, is actually Maryan (male). That happens because of declension. For instance, Jan appears as Jana, Adam appears as Adama, ct. In addition, usually the witnesses are always of the masculine sex.

Gilberto

Thank you Gilberto. The documents you pointed me to several years ago enabled me to get it mostly correct. I truly appreciate the assistance.

Gary D.
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:24 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of my half-aunt's birth record

czaplicki wrote:
Can someone translate the birth record of Dominika Olszewska?
Thank you in advance.
Conrad Czaplicki
http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=6&zs=0130d&sy=1892&kt=1&plik=059-062.jpg#zoom=1&x=0&y=0

Conrad,

The record is in Russian. You'll get a better response if you post it under Russian Records Translations.

Wishing you success,

Dave
michwill01

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:36 pm      Post subject: Pluta and Starzyk

I'm pretty sure I understand what both these say, but would like some confirmation. I was recently contacted by a distant cousin, and would like to be sure I know the family i'm part of. I am unclear of the Pluta one of the actual city of birth.

For Starzyk, I know it's in Latin and I believe is says that Joseph's parents are Martin Starzyk and Catharina Gruszowski.
What are the names below each parent name? Adalberti (is this a name or word) then Catherine Bak, Martin's mother. And then under Catherina, it looks like adalberti again, and then Regina Kapustka. The sponsors are Nicolaus Pozdat and Catharina Madura. Which is a confusing point as on Joseph's death certificate it lists Madura as his Mother. I'm not sure what is says about Marianna.

Thank you in adavance,
Michelle

Starzyk.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  985.15 KB

Starzyk.JPG

Pluta.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.9 MB

Pluta.jpg

Magroski49

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:20 pm      Post subject: Re: Pluta and Starzyk

michwill01 wrote:
I'm pretty sure I understand what both these say, but would like some confirmation. I was recently contacted by a distant cousin, and would like to be sure I know the family i'm part of. I am unclear of the Pluta one of the actual city of birth.

For Starzyk, I know it's in Latin and I believe is says that Joseph's parents are Martin Starzyk and Catharina Gruszowski.
What are the names below each parent name? Adalberti (is this a name or word) then Catherine Bak, Martin's mother. And then under Catherina, it looks like adalberti again, and then Regina Kapustka. The sponsors are Nicolaus Pozdat and Catharina Madura. Which is a confusing point as on Joseph's death certificate it lists Madura as his Mother. I'm not sure what is says about Marianna.

Thank you in adavance,
Michelle

Michelle,

It says Martinus (Marcin) a farmer, is the son of Adalberti (Wojciech) and Catharina (Katarzyna) Bak.
Catharina (Katarzyna) is the daughter of Adalberti (Wojciech) and Regina neee Kapustka.
That Marianna Kapustka was the midwife (latin Obst. = obstetrix)

Radlów, post office in Brzesko.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Pluta and Starzyk

Magroski49 wrote:
michwill01 wrote:

Thank you in adavance,
Michelle

Michelle,

It says Martinus (Marcin) a farmer, is the son of Adalberti (Wojciech) and Catharina (Katarzyna) Bak.
Catharina (Katarzyna) is the daughter of Adalberti (Wojciech) and Regina neee Kapustka.
That Marianna Kapustka was the midwife (latin Obst. = obstetrix)

Radlów, post office in Brzesko.

Gilberto

Hi Michelle & Gilberto,

There are a few more details in the record which may be of interest. Józef (Joseph) was born in house number 133 in Jastrą.bka Stara. His father Marcin (Martin) was a farmer (agricola). His mother Katarzyna (Catherine) was a peasant farm wife (colona).

At the bottom there is a notation with information which you probably know from other sources which reads: “Cop. in Chicago in eccl. Sti Joannis Cantii cum Francisca Płuta die 16 Novembris 1909.” It is translated: “He was joined in marriage in Chicago in the church of Saint John Cantius with Franciszka (Frances) Płuta on the 16th day of November, 1909.”
The certificate also records that the birth/baptism took place on the same day, December 29, 1887 and is found in the register for the village of Jastrząbka Stara Volune VIII, page 73, entry number 78.

The certificate for Franciszka (Frances) Płuta was issued in 1948 and evidently the województwa (provinces) and powiaty (counties) were the same as they had been during the inter-war Polish Republic. The place where she was born was in województwo Krakowskie, powiat Brzesko (cf. The attached map.)

Hoping that this provides you with a few more details,

Dave

Poland 1930 Administrative Districts.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.58 MB

Poland 1930 Administrative Districts.png

HendrikWendland

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:13 am      Post subject: Baptism record of my 4th great-grandmother

Dear all,

could you help me with the birth (or baptism) date and location of my 4th great grandmother, Anna Elizabeth Kwade, daughter of Christoph Kwade and Anna Christine Kaplin, from the baptism record below? The record is an Annex to her marriage record and seems to be authored in Babiak. I found Synogać, 62-618, Poland, which is about 15km from Babiak. Could that be it?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Hendrik Wendland

Anna Elisabeth Kwade baptism.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.05 MB

Anna Elisabeth Kwade baptism.png

Send e-mail
HendrikWendland

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:29 am      Post subject: Death certification of my 5th great-grandfather

Dear all,

is the record below the death certification for Christoph Kwade (my 5th great-grandfather)?
Could you provide me with a translation of the important facts from the record?

Many thanks!

Hendrik Wendland

Christoph Kwade death.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  829.53 KB

Christoph Kwade death.png

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 382, 383, 384 ... 579, 580, 581  Next Page 383 of 581

Jump to: