PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:48 pm      Post subject:

Hello -

I have a German marriage document that I need help translating.
Thank you in advance to the person who will do this for me.

Best Regards,
Patty

Albert Klotz Johanna Elendt Marriage Record 1875.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  215.08 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Albert Klotz Johanna Elendt Marriage Record 1875.jpg

Kmichael8

Replies: 544

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:15 am      Post subject:

patty0802 wrote:
Hello -

I have a German marriage document that I need help translating.
Thank you in advance to the person who will do this for me.

Best Regards,
Patty

Patty,

Please find attached the translation.

Best regards,

Michael

B No. 8
Occalitz [Okalice] on September 20, 1875 at 10:00 a.m.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today as engaged:
1. the shepherd [Schäferknecht] Albert Ernst Klotz of known identity, of Protestant religion, 25 years old, born in Labuhn [Łebunia], residing in Wahlendorf [Niepoczołowice], son of the deceased cowherd [Kuhhirte] Michael Klotz and [his wife] Auguste Klotz, born Saffran, [residing] in Wahlendorf
2. Johanna Charlotte Elendt, of known identity, of Protestant religion, 20 years old, born in Bochowke [Bochówko], residing in Wahlendorf, daughter of the cowherd [Kuhhirte] Joseph Elendt and [his wife] Bertha Elendt born Bluck, [residing] in Wahlendorf
and as witnesses:
3. the shoemaker [Schuhmacher] Friedrich Müller of known identity, 52 years old, residing in Wahlendorf
4. the blacksmith [Schmied] Hermann Knaak
[second page of document not provided]
patty0802

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:24 am      Post subject: Thank you Michael

This is wonderful and added more clues for my research.
Much appreciated !
-Patty
chiguy60

Replies: 17

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:45 pm      Post subject: Carl Koss Baptism

Can someone please Translate both the column headings and record information for Carl Heinrich Koss (3rd record down) for me?
Thank you, in advance,
Bob

Carl Koss Baptism.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  931.39 KB

Carl Koss Baptism.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:29 am      Post subject: Re: Carl Koss Baptism

chiguy60 wrote:
Can someone please Translate both the column headings and record information for Carl Heinrich Koss (3rd record down) for me?
Thank you, in advance,
Bob

Bob,

Best

Michael

Residence of the father (if child is illegitimate of the mother) – Ossek
No of born – 37
No of baptized – 37
Name, status and confession of the father – Friedrich Koss, laborer [Arbeitsmann], Catholic
Name, (status) and confession of the mother – Ernestine born Hiller [or Hitter], Protestant
Day and hour of birth (in figures and letters) – 1 / first/ December [1854], 8:00 p.m.
Day of baptism (in figures and letters) – 8 /eighth / December [1854]
Christian name of the child – Carl Heinrich
Name, status and residence of the godparents – Carl Natschke, son of the village elder [Schulzensohn], Josephine Gohra [?], wife of a small farmer [Käthnersfrau] from Ossek
No of sons / daughters legitimate / illegitimate – 17th legitimate son
Name of the clergyman who performed the baptism – Anton Weber
Remarks - none
planckera

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:42 pm      Post subject: Baptism record from Battrow, Westpreußen

Greetings! My great-great-grandfather was Fred John Ross. We know by his tombstone that he was born 23 August 1848, and by his Iowa marriage record that he was born in Battrow, Westpreußen. I think I may have found his baptism record on this site: http://metryki.genbaza.pl/genbaza,detail,59965,269. I've cropped and attached the relevant entry. I would love to be able to get a full translation. I'm hoping to confirm that 23 Aug is the birthday on this record, and hoping that his parents' names are listed (I don't currently know them). It appears the text jumps across the separation of the two pages. Is this correct?

Thanks for helping and for providing this wonderful resource!
~Adam Gaucher

1848-fred-ross-baptism_combo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  490.13 KB

1848-fred-ross-baptism_combo.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:34 am      Post subject: Re: Baptism record from Battrow, Westpreußen

planckera wrote:
Greetings! My great-great-grandfather was Fred John Ross. We know by his tombstone that he was born 23 August 1848, and by his Iowa marriage record that he was born in Battrow, Westpreußen. I think I may have found his baptism record on this site: http://metryki.genbaza.pl/genbaza,detail,59965,269. I've cropped and attached the relevant entry. I would love to be able to get a full translation. I'm hoping to confirm that 23 Aug is the birthday on this record, and hoping that his parents' names are listed (I don't currently know them). It appears the text jumps across the separation of the two pages. Is this correct?

Thanks for helping and for providing this wonderful resource!
~Adam Gaucher

Yes, the text jumps across the separation. Here is the German version:

den 23ten /dreiundzwanzigsten/ August 1848 morgens 5½ Uhr ist dem Einwohner Michael Koss von seiner Ehefrau
Caroline geb. Köding ein Sohn geboren, der den 17ten September getauft und Johann Friedrich genannt ist. Pathen waren
1) Andreas Koss, Stellmacher. 2) Johann Koss, Ackerwirth. 3) Eva Koss geborene Nukel, Ackerwirthsfrau. 4) Wilhelmine Koss,
Ackerwirthstochter.

And the Englsh one:

On August 23, 1848, at 5:30 a.m. a son was born to the inhabitant Michael Koss from his wife Caroline born Köding, who was baptized on September 17. Godparents were 1) Andreas Koss, wheelwright. 2) Johann Koss, farmer. 3) Eva Koss born Nukel, farmer’s wife. 4) Wilhelmine Koss, farmer’s daughter.

Best regards,

Michael
planckera

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:37 pm      Post subject:

Thanks for the very quick reply, Michael! Is there any possibility that the Ks in Koss are actually Rs? If not, this opens up some more questions! Haha.

EDIT: It appears there are some given names listed in nearby entries with the same K/R character. One of the names is Kosa/Rosa. I know Rosa is a name, but is Kosa?

Thanks again,
~Adam
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:00 am      Post subject:

planckera wrote:
Thanks for the very quick reply, Michael! Is there any possibility that the Ks in Koss are actually Rs? If not, this opens up some more questions! Haha.

EDIT: It appears there are some given names listed in nearby entries with the same K/R character. One of the names is Kosa/Rosa. I know Rosa is a name, but is Kosa?

Thanks again,
~Adam

Adam,

Never say never in reading handwritten names, but yes, if you compare other Bs and Rs used on this page with other Ks, it looks highly probable that the names are Ross and Röding.

Best regards,

Michael
planckera

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:53 pm      Post subject: Ross-Röding Marriage

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Michael! I suppose it was only inevitable that I would now find the marriage entry for Michael Ross and Caroline Röding: http://metryki.genbaza.pl/genbaza,detail,59965,220

Again, I've attached the cropped entry if you are able to help out with this one as well. Fascinating how these brick walls quickly tumble once the first brick is removed!

~Adam

ross-roding-marriage_1844_battrow.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  492.47 KB

ross-roding-marriage_1844_battrow.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:41 am      Post subject: Re: Ross-Röding Marriage

planckera wrote:
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Michael! I suppose it was only inevitable that I would now find the marriage entry for Michael Ross and Caroline Röding: http://metryki.genbaza.pl/genbaza,detail,59965,220

Again, I've attached the cropped entry if you are able to help out with this one as well. Fascinating how these brick walls quickly tumble once the first brick is removed!

~Adam

Adam,

A very interesting document. Please find attached first the German, then the English version.

Michael

den 9ten /neunten/ Januar 1844 ist der vormalige Ulan bei der 2ten Escadron des 4ten Regiments und jetzt dienend zu
Battrow [Batorowo], Namens Michael Ross, [Sohn] des zu Linde [Lipka] verstorbenen Alterwirths gleichen Namens, mit der Jungfrau
Caroline Wilhelmine Röding, des Einwohners Johann Röding zu Battrow ältesten Tochter in der Battrow-
wer Kirche von dem Pfarrer adjunct Hw [I am not sure about this acronym but would assume it has the meaning of “Hochwürden”] XXX copuliert.

Bemerkung: Die Braut ist katholisch, der zuständige Pfarrer Hw. Schürmann zu Gr.[Groß] Butzig [Wielki Buczek] verzeichnete Aufgebot
und Trauung, die darüber aufgenommene Verhandlung vom 27ten Decbr. 1843 ist den 11ten Januar an das Königl. Con-
sistorium zu Königsberg eingesandt. Der Bräutigam ist 1832 den 4ten Nov von Pf. [Pfarrer] Wilde zu Pr. [Preußisch] Friedland [Debrzno] confirmiert
laut diesem Attest.

On January 9, 1844 the former lancer [Ulan] of the 2nd escadron of the 4th regiment [4. Ulanen Regiment] and actually serving at Battrow, with the name Michael Ross, son of the deceased retired farmer [Alterwirth] with the same name, who died in Linde, was married with the virgin Caroline Wilhelmine Röding, oldest daughter of the inhabitant [Einwohner] Johann Röding, residing in Battrow, in the church of Battrow by the deputy clergyman [name illegible].

Remarks: The bride is of Catholic religion. The responsible clergyman Schürmann of Groß Butzig recorded banns and marriage, the minutes about that from December 27, 1843 where sent to the King’s Consistorium in Königsberg on January 11, [1844]. According to this certificate the groom was confirmed on November 4, 1832 by clergyman Wilde in Preußisch Friedland.

The column on the right side provides the age of groom (Er 24) and bride (Sie 19).
planckera

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:01 pm      Post subject: Re: Ross-Röding Marriage

Thanks, Michael! This is great. Lots of good info here. This will keep me busy!

~Adam
Sheridan

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:55 am      Post subject: Marriage record translation

Please translate the marriage record of Johann Friedrich Meyer and Juliana Kulling.
Many thanks.

Meyer - Kulling marriage.jpg
 Description:
Please translate the marriage record of Johann Friedrich Meyer and Juliana Kulling.
Many thanks.
 Filesize:  729.8 KB

Meyer - Kulling marriage.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:41 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage record translation

Sheridan wrote:
Many thanks.

Best regards

Michael

The excerpt is part of the marriage register of the parish Rahmel (Kirchspiel Rahmel) for the year 1862. The 5th entry is about Joh Friedrich Meyer and Juliane Kulling:

Date and place of the marriage (Tag und Ort der Trauung) – Rahmel, Oct. 26, 1862

Residence of the bride and groom (Wohnort der Brautleute) – Rahmel

Name and status of the bride and groom (Name und Stand der Brautleute) – King’s sailor 2nd class (Königl.[icher] Matrose II. Klasse) Joh.[ann] Friedrich Meyer – Juliane Kulling

Whether single or widowed (Bisheriges Verhältnis in Hinsicht der Ehe) – [both] not married (unverehelicht)

Parents and their approval (Eltern und Einwilligung derselben) – Mathias Kulling, Johann Meyer, approval provided (Einwilligung vorgelegt)

Place of birth (Geburtsort) – Johann: Ganz [also written „Gans“], Kreis Lauenburg – Juliane: Jalzewitz [unsure]

Age (Alter) – Johann: born on May 5, 1837, 25 years old (am 5. /fünften/ Mai 1837 sieben u.[nd] dreißig geb.[oren] 25 [Jahre]) Juliane: born on Oct. 10, 1838, 24 years old (am 10. /zehnten/ Octr. 1838 geb.[oren] 24 [Jahre])

Confession (Confession) – [both] Protestant (ev.[angelisch])

Official or court approval (Genehmigung der Behörde, Gerichtes) – presented and filed (vorgelegt und ad. acta)

Date and place of publication of the banns (Zeit und Ort des Aufgebots) – July 20, July 27 and August 3 (5., 6., 7. Sonntag nach Trinitatis / 20. u.[nd] 27. Juli u.[nd] 3. August [Trinity was on June 15, 1862, so the fifth Sunday after Trinity was July 20, and so on])

Name of the clergyman (Name des Pfarrers) – Teichgräber

Remarks (Bemerkungen) - none
Lmraymond

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:07 am      Post subject: Birth Certificate

Hello, I have a birth certificate for my g-great grandmother Marie. I had some help getting most of the information off of here but I would love to have it looked at again. Specifically, Marie's mother Eva was married 5 months AFTER this birth to a Bernard Swiatkowski and Eva had another daughter (Pauline) born 2-3 years prior which I am unable to find birth certificate for. Does anything on here say Eva was married before? Widowed? Divorced? When I found Eva and Bernard's ship manifest to the U.S. they all had taken Bernards surname.
Thank you for any help.
Linda Raymond

marie birth cert.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.34 KB

marie birth cert.jpg

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 13 of 95

Jump to: