PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:01 pm      Post subject: 1854 - Bydgoszcz - Hermann Gürne X Pauline SCHUBIGT

Hello,

I am looking for the marriage of Hermann Auguste Gürne and Pauline (von ?) SCHUBIGT.
Some source indicates 1854 in the city of Bydgoszcz.
But I do not know if it's ok ...

Thank's for your help,

Thomas Gauthron

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 am      Post subject: Re: 1854 - Bydgoszcz - Hermann Gürne X Pauline SCHUBIGT

Thomas Gauthron wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for the marriage of Hermann Auguste Gürne and Pauline (von ?) SCHUBIGT.
Some source indicates 1854 in the city of Bydgoszcz.
But I do not know if it's ok ...

Thank's for your help,

Thomas Gauthron

Thomas,

According to the marriage register of the Protestant parish of Bromberg [Heiratsregister der Evangelischen Stadtgemeinde zu Bromberg] for the year 1854, pages 141 and 142, entry no. 107, on May 21, 1854 the master potter [Töpfermeister] Hermann Augusth Gürne and the virgin Pauline Schubigt, both residing in Bromberg, were married by the clergyman Serno. Bride and groom were unmarried, the two of them were 24 years old, of Protestant religion, and the mutual consent of the parents was provided.

There is an entry for Pauline Schubick [!] in the baptismal register of Bromberg for the year 1829, pages 365 and 366, entry no. 390. According to this entry, she was born October 6, 1829 at 6 o’clock in the evening in Scholendowo [I guess the Polish name is Żołędowo, just North of Bydgoszcz], baptized on November 8, the parents were the farmer [Bauer] Johann Schubick and his wife Maria, born Dordelmann, both of Protestant religion.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Michael
Thomas Gauthron

Post Posted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:58 am      Post subject:

thank you very much Michael !!!
Are these registers online?
Is the marriage of Johann Schubick X Maria Dordelmann also in Bromberg?

Regards,

Thomas

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:59 am      Post subject:

Thomas Gauthron wrote:
thank you very much Michael !!!
Are these registers online?
Is the marriage of Johann Schubick X Maria Dordelmann also in Bromberg?

Regards,

Thomas

Thomas,

You’re welcome.

Please correct Maria’s name: it’s not Dordelmann but Wordelmann. I haven’t found a marriage entry for Johann and Maria in Bromberg. There is an entry for a sibling of Pauline: Christian Wilhelm was born on June 27, 1835 in Maximilianowo to Johann Schubig (!) and Maria Wordelmann [Baptismal Registry of 1835, pages 469 and 470, entry no. 313].

The registers for Bromberg are available at the LDS / familysearch (search for “Germany, Preußen, Posen, Bromberg - Church records” and “Kirchenbuchduplikat, 1817-1865”). Depending on your location it might be necessary to visit a family center.

An alternative might be ARCHION at https://www.archion.de/en/. Please note: it’s chargeable. Choose “BROWSE“, then “Evangelisches Zentralarchiv Berlin“ > “Kreis Bromberg (Provinz Posen)“ > “Bromberg“ to see what is available. If you want to have a look into the church books, you’ll have to register and pay a fee first.

Regards,
Michael
Thomas Gauthron

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:12 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much Michael for all your precious help!

Thomas

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: