PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Wed May 09, 2018 9:13 am      Post subject: Marie birth cert

I realize the one picture might be hard to read. Here it is in three sections.

30947914_10157215251963942_614005622_o.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.73 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

30947914_10157215251963942_614005622_o.jpg

30849265_10157215251973942_1878546960_o.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.25 KB

30849265_10157215251973942_1878546960_o.jpg

30772262_10157215251983942_1595494083_o.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.39 KB

30772262_10157215251983942_1595494083_o.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:15 pm      Post subject: Re: Birth Certificate

Lmraymond wrote:
Hello, I have a birth certificate for my g-great grandmother Marie. I had some help getting most of the information off of here but I would love to have it looked at again. Specifically, Marie's mother Eva was married 5 months AFTER this birth to a Bernard Swiatkowski and Eva had another daughter (Pauline) born 2-3 years prior which I am unable to find birth certificate for. Does anything on here say Eva was married before? Widowed? Divorced? When I found Eva and Bernard's ship manifest to the U.S. they all had taken Bernards surname.
Thank you for any help.
Linda Raymond

Linda,

When Marie’s mother Eva Schön gave birth to her child on June 13, 1884, she was not married: „Vor dem unterzeichneten Standesbeamten erschien heute, der Persönlichkeit nach bekannt, die unverehelichte Eva Schön …” [Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of know identity, the unmarried Eva Schön … ].

According to this, Eva’s status is given as “Dienstmädchen” [servant girl] and “defl.” [deflorata, i.e. no longer virgin] in the marriage record from November 10, 1884.

Bernard Swiatkowski recognized Marie as his child on March 5 [no year provided] according to the remark on the right side of the birth record: “am 5. März wurde Vaterschaft von Bernhard Swiatskowski anerkannt. der Standesbeamte (signature)”.

Hope this helps.

Michael
Lmraymond

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:09 am      Post subject: Birth certificate

Excellent and thank you. What religion does it have for Eva? Can you think of any way for me to go about finding if Schön was her maiden name or if she had a previous marriage? I have looked through the same books from Family Search and cannot find a mention to her in a birth or previous marriage. Eva is a direct maternal ancestor and I cannot find a way to go back from her if I don't know her birth name.
Thank you,
Linda
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:23 pm      Post subject: Re: Birth certificate

Lmraymond wrote:
Excellent and thank you. What religion does it have for Eva? Can you think of any way for me to go about finding if Schön was her maiden name or if she had a previous marriage? I have looked through the same books from Family Search and cannot find a mention to her in a birth or previous marriage. Eva is a direct maternal ancestor and I cannot find a way to go back from her if I don't know her birth name.
Thank you,
Linda

Linda,

When you combine this record with the marriage record from the parish register you find the answers to your questions. Schön was her maiden name. There was no previous marriage. She gave birth as a single woman, although, as Michael points out in the notation, Bernard acknowledged paternity. Michael points out that the abbreviation defl., which also appears in the parish marriage register, stands for deflorata. The word deflorata is a Latin term which sometimes appears in Latin records as “virgo deflorata” and means “a deflowered maiden”---just a polite way of saying that the woman, although she had not ever married, was not a virgin in the technical sense. The term was used when a single woman who had given birth married at a later date. If one were to translate “virgo deflorata” as a “deflowered virgin” the result would be a metaphysical fizzle which defies the Western philosophical principle of non-contradiction (a tenant which is considered true in Western philosophy, but not in some Eastern philosophical systems). The principle of non-contradiction means that a thing cannot be and not be at the same time. A deflowered maiden makes sense whereas a deflowered virgin does not. The parish register also states that both the bride and the groom were Catholics. I believe that you can safely end your quest for a previous marriage for Ewa. The search for her birth record is another case...that search can and should continue.

Wishing you success,

Dave
Lmraymond

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:11 pm      Post subject: Birth certificate

Dave, yes I understand your conclusions to the question I posed. Did you see in my first post the fact that Ewa had another birth before Marie? Circa 1882.That is where my confusion on her number of marriages arises. I do realize she could have had that child also out of wedlock but I am working under the presumption that this would not have been the norm. I am also leaning towards the side of Schöen being the actual maiden name mostly because I would think the marriage document that I do have would most likely have also listed something to the effect of her being either widowed or divorced.
I truly appreciate everyone's input. It gets hard only having your own ideas to play off of.
Best regards,
Linda
Send e-mail
Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:42 pm      Post subject: Translation Help Please?

Could someone please help me with this translation?

Thank you,

Kurt

1901-Johann Schmidt DC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  715.42 KB

Description:
 Filesize:  715.42 KB

Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:54 pm      Post subject: Translation Help Please?

Could someone please help with this translation?

Thank you

1881 Amalie Glietz DC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  594.78 KB

1881 Amalie Glietz DC.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:02 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Help Please?

Kurt1322 wrote:
Could someone please help me with this translation?

Thank you,

Kurt

Kurt,

Please find attached the translation.

Regards,
Michael

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 345.
Hamburg, on April 29, 1901.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, the identity approved by entrance record [Aufnahmeurkunde, a document certifying that she acquired the citizenship of the City of Hamburg], Mrs. [die Ehefrau] Dorothea Gerlach, born Schmidt, residing in Hamburg, Idastraße No. 3, and gave notice that the plumber [Klempner] Johann Peter Wilhelm Schmidt, 78 years and 10 months old, of Protestant religion, residing in Hamburg, Idastraße 3, born in Heide, who was married with the Amalia Johanna Dorothea Friederica Eleonore, born Glietz, deceased in Rendsburg, son of the spouses Schmidt, deceased in Heide, their status and additional names are unknown,
in Hamburg in the latter home on April 27 of the year thousand nine hundred and one at half past three p.m. had died. The notice giver declared, that she knows about this death from own experience.
Read aloud, authorized and signed. Dorothea Gerlach.
The Registrar. Gröbe.
The accordance with the main register is approved.
Hamburg on April 29, 1901.
The Registrar. Gröbe.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:04 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Help Please?

Kurt1322 wrote:
Could someone please help with this translation?

Thank you

Kurt,

Please find attached the translation.

Regards,
Michael

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 229.
Ottensen, on August 1, 1881.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, the identity approved by provided marriage certificate [producierten Trauscheines], the master plumber [Klempnermeister] Johann Peter Wilhelm Schmidt, residing in Ottensen, Spritzenplatz No. 7, and gave notice that his wife Eleonore Dorothea Johanna Friederica Schmidt, born Glietz,60 years and 66 days old, of Protestant religion, residing with him in Ottensen, born in Rendsburg, daughter of the spouses merchant [Händler] Ferdinand Glietz and Maria Catharina, born Meggers, both deceased in Rendsburg,
in Ottensen on Juli 31 of the year thousand eight hundred and eighty one at half past ten a.m. had died.
Read aloud, authorized and signed. J.P.W. Schmidt.
The Registrar. (Signature).
Gajewski

Replies: 19

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:16 am      Post subject:

Hi everybody,

I can't read the names of the place where this person was:

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/53/474/0/19.3/14416/str/1/16/15/MKiup4a99mfCZpAozv_tag/#tabSkany

(item for the back of the document).
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:09 am      Post subject:

Gajewski wrote:
Hi everybody,

I can't read the names of the place where this person was:

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/53/474/0/19.3/14416/str/1/16/15/MKiup4a99mfCZpAozv_tag/#tabSkany

(item for the back of the document).

Your person [I read the given name as Kasimira] was born in the city of Bnin, county [Kreis] of Schrimm and moved for the first time at the age of 16 on April 6, 1906 within Bnin to Gr. [Große] Grabenstr. 54. Wardeska seems to be the name of the landlord and/or the employer.

The next moves in February, April and July 1915 were within Bnin.

On November 28, 1915 she moved to Dziecmierowo, county [Kreis] of Kreis Schrimm.

Between November 1915 and November 1917 she obviously moved to Ludzisk, county [Kreis] of Strelno, as she returned from Ludzisk to Bnin on November 25, 1917. On May 2, 1918 she was still in Bnin.

The last two entries are written in Polish and I am not sure about them, but it looks as if she moved to Dobezyn on October 5, 1921.

Regards,
Michael
Gajewski

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:57 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much!

Is it possible to translate this one too?
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/53/474/0/19.3/15033/str/1/29/15/uRLlusHy1usWsiT5kRl2Xg/#tabSkany

Regards Smile
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:47 am      Post subject:

Gajewski wrote:
Thank you very much!

Is it possible to translate this one too?
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/53/474/0/19.3/15033/str/1/29/15/uRLlusHy1usWsiT5kRl2Xg/#tabSkany

Regards Smile

The gardener Ludwig Sikorski, of Catholic religion, born on August 8, 1864 in Bnin, [Kreis] Schrimm.

His wife resides in Blocko [unsure about this name] county [Kreis] Wongrowitz.

On November 11, 1899 they moved from Tonischewo, county [Kreis] Wongrowitz, to Bnin. I am unsure about the street name, it looks like Wilda Krovjanzenstr. No. 93. The name of the landlord is given as X Gajewskz [unsure again about the last character]. On December 12, 1899 they resided in Bnin.

Regards,
Michael
Gajewski

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:30 am      Post subject:

Thank you Michaël!

Here is another card, wherein there is the same adress name (maybe it can help to surely translate)?
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/53/474/0/19.3/14415/str/1/56/15/ossngREZ-geYG6Lwezqq2w/#tabSkany.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:08 am      Post subject:

Gajewski wrote:
Thank you Michaël!

Here is another card, wherein there is the same adress name (maybe it can help to surely translate)?
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/53/474/0/19.3/14415/str/1/56/15/ossngREZ-geYG6Lwezqq2w/#tabSkany.

Yes, this is a help: Kronprinzenstraße (literally: the street of the crown prince).

Regards,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 14 of 95

Jump to: