PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:18 am      Post subject: Wierzbolowicz, Poland? Russia?

Hello,

I'm having difficulties researching Wincenty Wierzbolowicz prior to his coming to the U.S.

The family story is that he was a Russian soldier that fled to Poland to escape the great purge. However, the timeline does not match the history.

This is what I know so far:
Wincenty was born on 1 June 1883, in Kurianki, parish of Raczki, woj. Podlaskie Poland.
He had a brother, Stanislaus Wierzbolowicz, born, 6 May 1888, Chichano, Poland or Russia
Family Search shows their parents being Jan Wilczynski, born in Russia and Francis Wilczynski.
Jan had a brother, Justin (Yustin) Wilczynski.

JZI.org has a baptism record of Stanislaus and Wincenty being baptized in Krasnybór Parish on 1898-07-31. Stanislaw birth date 1887-10-14, Wincenty-1882-06-13. There is no father information. The mother is Francis Wierzbołowicz(48 yrs)

There are notes that may be significant,
act delayed due to failure to provide documents confirming the confession baptize
Postscript recognition of paternity by Jan Wołek, act of. 32 of 1905-06-02

Józefa Ostapowicz married Wincenty Wierzbolowicz in 1902.
They immigrated to the U.S in 1909. They left behind a little boy, Kostant(born 1903), who joined them in 1910. Konstant's obituary states he was born in Poland, but Ellis Island Passenger records state he was Russian.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:09 pm      Post subject: Re: Wierzbolowicz, Poland? Russia?

cmetzger wrote:
Hello,

I'm having difficulties researching Wincenty Wierzbolowicz prior to his coming to the U.S.

The family story is that he was a Russian soldier that fled to Poland to escape the great purge. However, the timeline does not match the history.

This is what I know so far:
Wincenty was born on 1 June 1883, in Kurianki, parish of Raczki, woj. Podlaskie Poland.
He had a brother, Stanislaus Wierzbolowicz, born, 6 May 1888, Chichano, Poland or Russia
Family Search shows their parents being Jan Wilczynski, born in Russia and Francis Wilczynski.
Jan had a brother, Justin (Yustin) Wilczynski.

JZI.org has a baptism record of Stanislaus and Wincenty being baptized in Krasnybór Parish on 1898-07-31. Stanislaw birth date 1887-10-14, Wincenty-1882-06-13. There is no father information. The mother is Francis Wierzbołowicz(48 yrs)

There are notes that may be significant,
act delayed due to failure to provide documents confirming the confession baptize
Postscript recognition of paternity by Jan Wołek, act of. 32 of 1905-06-02

Józefa Ostapowicz married Wincenty Wierzbolowicz in 1902.
They immigrated to the U.S in 1909. They left behind a little boy, Kostant(born 1903), who joined them in 1910. Konstant's obituary states he was born in Poland, but Ellis Island Passenger records state he was Russian.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Casey,

It seems that your Wierzbolowicz ancestors were from the area near Krasnybór. Unfortunately records from the time periods you would need are not found in Polish National Archives nor have they been filmed by LDS volunteers. By the way, the village where Stanisław resided (and where his father lived) is Długie, which is within the parish of Krasnybór.

I realize that you did not post all the info on Family Search. However, I find many of the details you gave in your Polish Origins post quite confusing. I don’t get where the idea of the parents being Jan & Francis Wilczynski comes from, nor the recognition of paternity by . I have no idea what JZI.org is all about nor the recognition of paternity by Jan Wołek. From at least 1909 through 1911 Wincenty & Stanisław lived in St. Mary of Perpetual Help, a Polish Parish on 32nd Street in Bridgeport (a neighborhood in Chicago). (The Pomierski Funeral Home mentioned in one of your records on Family Search is on the same block as the parish church.) Stanisław was married at St. Mary’s and Alfons was baptized there. His marriage record lists the names of his parents. Here are links to those events:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-DTXS-TT1?i=27&wc=M66P-5M9%3A40129601%2C40609101&cc=1452409

and

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HT-DYV9-G9V?i=80&wc=M66P-6TG%3A40129601%2C39641001&cc=1452409

Wishing you success,

Dave

P.S. The area where they lived was Poland, not Russia. After the Partitions of Poland the area of Krasnybor was under Russian control and was part of the Kingdom of Poland (Krolestwo Polskie), a part of the Russian Empire until Poland became independent again after WWI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: