PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:09 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Assistance

geneg415 wrote:
Hello,

Attached is a marriage record from Boiska, Lublin of my 2nd great grandparents. I am able to translate the dates and ages, but having a great deal of difficulty with names, location and descriptors. Would you mind translating?

Thank you in advance.

Gene

4.Boiska. It came to pass on the twenty-ninth day of January in the year of one thousand eight hundred and sixty, at the hour of one in the afternoon, in Boiska.

We make known that today, in the presence of witnesses Bartlomiej Kapica, thirty-two years of age, and Antoni Cieslak, thirty-five years of age, both farmers residing in Boiska, the matrimony has been religiously entered into by Ignacy Jakimiak, a bachelor, thirty years of age, the son of the Jakimiaks, namely of Pawel and Magdalena nee Lyczek, the farmers, neither of them alive anymore, born in Sosnowa Wola, making a living as a rural farmhand and residing in Boiska, and the maiden Ewa Zielinski, twenty-nine years of age, the daughter of the Zielinskis, namely, of the deceased Wawrzeniec and still living Jadwiga nee Spiewak, the day-labourers, born in Grabowka and currently residing and making a living as a servant in Boiska. The said matrimony had been preceded by the triple proclamation of banns, namely, on the eighth, the fifteenth and the twenty-second day of January of the current year, in the parochial church in Boiska. No objections had been raised to the matrimony. The newlyweds state that they had not made any premarital agreement.

The present certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed, albeit, since they did not know how to write, only by myself.

Priest Jozef Glogaczewski (signed), Parish Priest of Boiska Parish
geneg415

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Mon May 14, 2018 1:12 pm      Post subject: Catholic Marriage Record

Hello,

Thank you for the help, Fantom. Below is a record (in two parts) to an 1862 Basonia marriage record from Rybitwy, Lublin between Jan Orzechowski and Franciszka Rosolowska. My translation attempt is below. Any help, particularly with names and cities for the groom, bride and parents would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Gene

Josefow, 1862.4, Basonia marriage b/w Jan Orzechowski and Franciszka Rosolowska.

It happened in Rybitwy on the 9th of February, 1862 at 12 noon. We announce in the presence of witnesses: Wydvy Wolentego, 42 years old [?] peasant from Nieszawa and Wojeickiego Wincnlego, 52 years old, [?] from Rybitwy

[?] religious marriage of Jan Orzechowski, bachelor of 22 years, peasant, [] born in [Nowa Slupia?] [?], living in Nieszawa for two years now [?],

son of the late (Jacenty?) Orzechowski and his wife Franciszka née Rakoska from Nieszawa, living, laborer

to his wife Franciszka née Rosolowska, 18 years old, peasant, born and living in [Maska?] of Basonia?],

daughter of the late Jan Rosolowski and his wife [Urszula?] née [Neszezkow?], laborer.

This marriage was preceded by three marriage proclamations at [?] of Rybitwy on the dates: …

Orzechowski, Jan-Rosolowska, Franciszka m 1862-4 pt 1.jpg
 Description:
1862-4 Part 1
 Filesize:  239.72 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Orzechowski, Jan-Rosolowska, Franciszka m 1862-4 pt 1.jpg

Orzechowski, Jan-Rosolowska, Franciszka m 1862-4 pt 2.jpg
 Description:
1862-4 Part 2
 Filesize:  120.83 KB

Orzechowski, Jan-Rosolowska, Franciszka m 1862-4 pt 2.jpg

Last edited by geneg415 on Thu May 17, 2018 11:10 am; edited 5 times in total
hannahdudek

Replies: 111

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:12 pm      Post subject: Brdow

<del>

Last edited by hannahdudek on Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:25 am      Post subject: Re: Brdow

hannahdudek wrote:
I would appreciate the translation of the 1812 death of Gasper Gradomski in Brdow. Thank you in advance.

94. Village of Swietoslawice. On this, the twentieth day of the month of March in the year of one thousand eight hundred and thirteen, at the hour of nine in the morning, before me, Parish Priest of Brdow, performing the duties of a Civil Registrar of Brdow Parish in Brzesc County within Bydgoszcz Department, personally appeared Woyciech Trawinski, aged thirty nine, as well as Franciszek Gradomski, aged fifty, both farmers from the Village of Swietoslawice, settled there on a farm, both close relatives of the deceased, and testified before me, that Gasper Gradomski, a farmer aged fifty-two, married to Agnieszka nee Pawelkiewicz, a native of the Village of Swietoslawice, settled there on a farm, had deceased on the seventeenth day of the month of March of the current year, at the hour of eleven before noon, in his house, at number three. After that, the present death certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself, while the witnesses did not know how to write.

Priest Andrzey Czechowicz (signed), Parish Priest in Brdow, performing the duties of a Civil Registrar
geneg415

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:53 am      Post subject: Old Family Letters

Hello all,

I have some old letters supposedly sent from family in Poland to my great grandmother who emigrated to the US. I recognize this may be more content than appropriate for the forum, but was hoping it might be something someone might help with.

The pack of letters (about 20 in all) appear to be from 3 senders over from 1950-1968. We hope that the letters will provide some insight into our family that remained in Poland and perhaps even help focus our search for those that may still be in Poland. As an example, I am attaching the earliest letter, posted from Ewa Kaper / signed by Wanda Koprowia.

Best regards,

Gene

10_mar_1950_envelope.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.45 KB

10_mar_1950_envelope.jpeg

10_mar_1950_page_1.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.79 KB

10_mar_1950_page_1.jpeg

10_mar_1950_page_2.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.55 KB

10_mar_1950_page_2.jpeg

hannahdudek

Replies: 111

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 am      Post subject: Thanks

Thank you very much for the Gradomski translation. I really appreciate your help.
Charles Henderson

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:12 am      Post subject: Looking for a Translation

I was wondering if someone would translate the attached document.

Thanks you

Fr. Charles

Jacob Jankowski's 2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.4 MB

Jacob Jankowski's 2.png

jgreinhardt

Replies: 7

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:06 pm      Post subject: Translation Jadyszke 1847

Hello!

Thank you for your previous translation assistance, Gilberto & Fantom! It's been immensely helpful.

The following is a document in Polish from 1847 regarding my ancestor Michal Jadyszke. Could you please help me translate it? I'm slowly getting better at reading Polish documents, but these older ones tend to give me trouble.

Thank you very much!

Jonathan

Jadyszke, Michal 1847.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  544.26 KB

Jadyszke, Michal 1847.jpeg

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:35 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation Jadyszke 1847

jgreinhardt wrote:
Hello!

Thank you for your previous translation assistance, Gilberto & Fantom! It's been immensely helpful.

The following is a document in Polish from 1847 regarding my ancestor Michal Jadyszke. Could you please help me translate it? I'm slowly getting better at reading Polish documents, but these older ones tend to give me trouble.

Thank you very much!

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Gabin. November 16/28, 1847. Michal Jadyszke, a worker, residing in Wiaczemin Polski, 29 years old and Krystyan Rychert, a farmer, residing in Kozików, 31 years old, declaring that yesterday, at 10 a.m. died in Wiaczemin Dorota Cy..., wife of Michal Jadyszke, a farmer residing in Wiaczemin, 'some words I don't understand', born in Troszyn Niemiecki? (today Troszyn Polski or Nowy Troszyn), daughter of Piotr and Eleonora, 56 years old.
Send e-mail
kzgupta
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 74

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:52 am      Post subject: Request for Translation

I'm writing to request a translation of the marriage record from 1822 for Mikolaj Sleszewski and Barbara Salkowska, my many times great -grandparents. The text covers two sides of the parish book, so there are two images. Many thanks in advance, Kathy

09-10 (3).jpg
 Description:
page 2 of marriage record
 Filesize:  878.51 KB

09-10 (3).jpg

09-10 (2).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  760.89 KB

09-10 (2).jpg

Send e-mail
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri May 25, 2018 9:02 am      Post subject: Re: Translation Jadyszke 1847

jgreinhardt wrote:
Hello!

Thank you very much!

Jonathan

No. 133. Wiaczymin Polski. It came to pass on the twenty-eighth day of November in the year of one thousand eight hundred and forty-seven, at the hour of one in the afternoon, in Gombin. Appeared personally Michal Jadyszka, a day-labourer residing in Wiaczymin Polski, twenty-nine years of age, and Chrystyan Rychert, a farmer residing in Kozikowo, thirty-one years of age, and testified that Dorota Cytlanow, the wife of Michal Jadyszka, a farmer residing in Wiaczymin Niemiecki, residing beside him, born in Troszyn Niemiecki from the Cytlanows, namely from Piotr and Eleonora, formerly the farmers there, fifty-six years of age, had deceased the day before, at the hour of nine in the morning, in Wiaczymin Polski. After the departure of Dorota Jadyszka was visually ascertained, the present certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by the second of them whereas the appearer Michal Jadyszka, the son of the deceased, did not know how to write.

Krystyan Rychert (signed)

Priest Wil. Bando (signed), Pastor of the Evangelical Parish of Gombin
JoeSchroeder

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:34 pm      Post subject: Translation, please

Hello. I would greatly appreciate if the enclosed marriage record from 1844 could be translated. Thank you.

Joe Schroeder

Marriage record for Jozef Jagaczewski and Anna Pawlowska in 1844.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.32 MB

Marriage record for Jozef Jagaczewski and Anna Pawlowska in 1844.jpg

vbstar2010
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 291

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:44 pm      Post subject:

Magroski49 wrote:
Hello,

I would appreciate a full translation of the marriage record attached.

Thanks,
Gilberto

==

https://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?p=37348#37348

Hi Gilberto,

Here's my attempt at a summary translation. Corrections welcome!

Date of record: 26 January 1812, before us, pastor of the Evangelical parish performing the duties of the civil registrar of Górecko commune, of Zamojski county, in the Department of Lublin

Groom: Jędzrej Bzdziuch appeared, peasant farmer, according to a marriage certificate excerpted from the books of the Łukowa? parish church, age 34, widower, according to a death certificate excerpted from Górecko gmina #81 card 25, son of the late Franciszek Bzdziuch, peasant farmer, according to a certificate excerpted from the books of the Górecko parish church, accompanied by his mother Zofia nee Gromadzka, peasant farmer settled on the farm in Łaska?

Bride: Miss Anastazya Nizio, according to a certificate excerpted from the books of the Puszcza Solska parish church, having completed her 19th year of age, daughter of the late Walenty Nizio, according to a death certificate excerpted from the books of the Górecko parish church he died 1811? #16 card 7, accompanied by her mother Jadwiga nee Mazur

Banns: 12th and 19th of January this year

Witnesses: Bartłomiej Bzdziuch, peasant farmer, age 42, residing in Aleksandrów, full brother of the groom, and Jan Roj, peasant farmer, age 50, residing in Chmielek, brother-in-law of the groom, also Wojciech Nizio, peasant farmer, age 32, residing in Aleksandrów, full brother of the bride, and Wawrzyniec Błoniarz, peasant farmer, age 30, neighbor of the bride

Hopefully another can add to and make any corrections.

Valerie
BeatrixH

Replies: 29

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:09 pm      Post subject: Marriage record

Hello, I was wondering if I could get this marriage record translated. Thanks!

MeyerBonin1819b.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  999.34 KB

MeyerBonin1819b.png

MeyerBonin1819a.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.15 MB

MeyerBonin1819a.png

Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:19 am      Post subject: Re: Translation, please

JoeSchroeder wrote:
Hello. I would greatly appreciate if the enclosed marriage record from 1844 could be translated. Thank you.

Joe Schroeder

8. Kaki Mroczki. It came to pass on the eighteenth day of February in the year of one thousand eight hundred and forty-four, at the hour of one in the afternoon, in the Village of Krzynowloga Mala.

We make known that today, in the presence of witnesses Jan Frontczak, a farmer, forty years of age, and Andrzej Jagaczewski, a shepherd, twenty-five years of age, both residing in Kaki Mroczki and not related to either party by consanguinity, the religious matrimony has been entered into by Jozef Jagaczewski, a bachelor, the son of the Jagaczewskis, namely, of the late Marcin and Maryanna nee Matuszewski*, born in the Village of Pobodze within Dzierzgow Parish, twenty years of age, making a living as a servant, currently residing in Kaki, of the Catholic denomination, and the maiden Anna Pawlowski, the daughter of the Pawlowskis, namely, of the late Marcin and Maryanna nee Joanow**, born in the Village of Zbrochy, twenty-three years of age, making a living as a maid, currently residing in Kaki, of the Catholic denomination. The said matrimony had been preceded by the triple proclamation of banns, namely on the twenty-eighth day of January, as well s on the fourth and eleventh day of February, in a local parish. No objections had been raised to the matrimony. The newlyweds declare that they had not made any premarital agreement.

The present certificate was read aloud to the appearers and the witnesses and subsequently signed, albeit, since the herein aforementioned persons did not know how to write, only by myself.

Priest Ignacy Kaminski (signed), acting Parish Priest

NOTES:
*Apparently both parents were not alive when the certificate was being drawn up.
**Literally “z Joanownow”. This surname is rather illegible and needs to be verified as it is hard to say what the nominative case is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 389 of 580

Jump to: