PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:45 am      Post subject: Szeliga-Socinski Surname

My great grandfather was born in the Podolski (or Podolia) region, Galicia, in a village named either Kiblicz or Kublicz around 1893. This village is now a small city in the Ukraine. My grandmother tells me that the story of our surname was that it was originally Socinski (not sure of the exact spelling-could be Socinskis) and they worked and lived in a town owned or run by a noble family by the name of Szeliga (or Seliga). My ancestors fought in a great battle representing the Szeliga family and because of their bravery and heroism, they were granted the name Szeliga to use along with the coat of arms for the Szeliga family. I have no time frame for when this happened and I currently have no way of verifying this since this side of my family has since disappeared and as far as I am aware my grandmother is the last remaining member of this family.
I am looking for any sort of parish information I can reference for family information. Any ideas or suggestions of where to find this information is greatly appreciated. My grandmother just turned 90 and I am hoping to find this information for her soon.
Thank you!

Send e-mail
DsS

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:36 pm      Post subject: Szeliga name

Marianna married 1st to a chap called Kubala, he died then she married a Michal/Michael Szeliga. They had a daughter Marianne Szeliga who along with her half brother (Kubala) and wife immigrated to New Zealand in 1874/5. Marianne Szeliga married another immigrant a chap Boyer/Boijer... I don't have any info at all on the Szeliga's either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: