PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 103

Post Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:24 pm      Post subject: Braciszewski in Breslau

Hello,again,
My gggrandfather was supposed to have died and was buried in Breslau,Germany,in July 11,1921. The doc I have is in German. and says Germersdorf at the top.
His name was Martinus Braciszewski,born abt 1825,married in 1849 to Cecelia Koteras.
Children of Martinus and Cecelia were Rosalia,Marianna,and Martin. That's all the information I have.Seems like he was pretty old when he died !!!
Could you advise me as to where I could contact to find his death certificate or grave ?
Any information will help.
Kind regards,
Marie
Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Replies: 547

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:41 am      Post subject: Re: Braciszewski in Breslau

deidre wrote:
Hello,again,
My gggrandfather was supposed to have died and was buried in Breslau,Germany,in July 11,1921. The doc I have is in German. and says Germersdorf at the top.
His name was Martinus Braciszewski,born abt 1825,married in 1849 to Cecelia Koteras.
Children of Martinus and Cecelia were Rosalia,Marianna,and Martin. That's all the information I have.Seems like he was pretty old when he died !!!
Could you advise me as to where I could contact to find his death certificate or grave ?
Any information will help.
Kind regards,
Marie

Hello Marie,

The civil registry office in Berlin is responsible for civil status matters of the so called formerly German Eastern territories ("ehemalige deutsche Ostgebiete") like Silesia. According to the documents' age they are then transferred to the Landesarchiv Berlin. You might have a look there. Please try this link:

http://landesarchiv-berlin.de/familienforschung-im-landesarchiv-berlin

The page gives an overview of the services provides and under "5. Ich suche eine Urkunde aus den ehemaligen deutschen Ostgebieten" you will find further information on what is available and how to obtain it. It looks as if they have the death certificates of Breslau as well as of Germersdorf.

Regards,
Michael
deidre

Replies: 103

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:00 am      Post subject: Braciszewski

Thanks Michael.
I will take a look at this link.
I appreciate your help !

Kind regards,
Marie
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: