PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:30 am      Post subject: Seeking Researcher for Northeast Poland: Romany Parish

Hi there,

Despite all my research efforts, records do not exist online and/or are not easily accessible for what I'm seeking. I'm seeking help in finding a Poland-based researcher to investigate church records in Grzymki (Podlaskie voivodeship, Lomza county, Przytuly gmina).

I'm seeking the birth record for my great-grandfather, Felix Jaworski, whose 1901 Roman Catholic Polish marriage record indicates a birth year of 1873 in Grzymki. I believe this would indicate Romany parish. Unfortunately, these records are not posted anywhere online and may only be accessible via a local visit to the region/church.

If someone could please direct me to a researcher experienced in this region, I'd very much appreciate it. The most recent research company I contacted does not have a researcher there.

Thank you!

Matt
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:46 am      Post subject: Re: Seeking Researcher for Northeast Poland: Romany Parish

mattyj1202 wrote:
Hi there,

Despite all my research efforts, records do not exist online and/or are not easily accessible for what I'm seeking. I'm seeking help in finding a Poland-based researcher to investigate church records in Grzymki (Podlaskie voivodeship, Lomza county, Przytuly gmina).

I'm seeking the birth record for my great-grandfather, Felix Jaworski, whose 1901 Roman Catholic Polish marriage record indicates a birth year of 1873 in Grzymki. I believe this would indicate Romany parish. Unfortunately, these records are not posted anywhere online and may only be accessible via a local visit to the region/church.

If someone could please direct me to a researcher experienced in this region, I'd very much appreciate it. The most recent research company I contacted does not have a researcher there.

Thank you!

Matt

can You please show me your greatgrandfather marriage record?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
mattyj1202

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:19 am      Post subject: Re: Seeking Researcher for Northeast Poland: Romany Parish

marcelproust wrote:
mattyj1202 wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you!

Matt

Hi there,

Yes! Here is my great-grandparents' marriage certificate from NMP in Lodz in 1901.

I believe he was born in 1872-1874 in Grzymki to parents Franciszek "Franz" Jaworski and Barbara Lewandowska (I've also seen reference to their names being Roman Jaworski and Walerya Kuluck - gets confusing). The most reliable document I have (the attached marriage record) shows the parents as Franciszek Jaworski and Barbara Lewandowska. I also wonder what name variances exist for the name Barbara - that may help solve some of the puzzle.

I do know that Felix also had at least 2 silbings: Prakseda Jaworski (born approx 1861-1863) and Roman Jaworski (born approx 1874-1875). Finding their birth records would likely lead to Felix's. Also, I'm sure it would help to locate a marriage record for Felix's parents, but I'm not sure where they were married, so I'm not sure where to start there.

Another helpful member of the forum who has some scans from Romany was unable to find Felix or his siblings' birth records. He mentioned I might try looking at nearby Przytuly, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

I very much appreciate any help you can offer - as you are well aware, this is a challenging task!

Thank you very much!

Matt Jaworski

Felix Jaworski and Victoria Kutner - Original Handwritten and Translated Marriage Record.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Felix Jaworski and Victoria Kutner - Original Handwritten and Translated Marriage Record.pdf
 Filesize:  349.49 KB
 Downloaded:  394 Time(s)

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:14 am      Post subject: Re: Seeking Researcher for Northeast Poland: Romany Parish

mattyj1202 wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
mattyj1202 wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you!

Matt

Hi there,

Yes! Here is my great-grandparents' marriage certificate from NMP in Lodz in 1901.

I believe he was born in 1872-1874 in Grzymki to parents Franciszek "Franz" Jaworski and Barbara Lewandowska (I've also seen reference to their names being Roman Jaworski and Walerya Kuluck - gets confusing). The most reliable document I have (the attached marriage record) shows the parents as Franciszek Jaworski and Barbara Lewandowska. I also wonder what name variances exist for the name Barbara - that may help solve some of the puzzle.

I do know that Felix also had at least 2 silbings: Prakseda Jaworski (born approx 1861-1863) and Roman Jaworski (born approx 1874-1875). Finding their birth records would likely lead to Felix's. Also, I'm sure it would help to locate a marriage record for Felix's parents, but I'm not sure where they were married, so I'm not sure where to start there.

Another helpful member of the forum who has some scans from Romany was unable to find Felix or his siblings' birth records. He mentioned I might try looking at nearby Przytuly, but I'm not sure how to go about that.

I very much appreciate any help you can offer - as you are well aware, this is a challenging task!

Thank you very much!

Matt Jaworski

there is a lot of mistakes in translation you sent in pdf file.
Nevertheless i remember that you asked about this in your previous topic.
I will ask about it in State Archives.

mattyj1202

Post Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:25 am      Post subject:

Thanks very much, Marcel! (Yes - I'm the one who you helped in identifying Grzymki in that handwritten document.)

The translation attached to that document is actually one I know is not very accurate (I have a better translation); here's the good one (attached - some of my notes are at the bottom).

I also can find no information on Felix's wife, Victoria Kutner - would you mind checking the State Archives to see if there's any information on her? The marriage ledger states that she was born in Skloty, which I believe is part of Nowe parish in Kutno county.

Thank you very much!

Matt

Felix Jaworski and Victoria Kutner - Marriage Record Translation - English.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Felix Jaworski and Victoria Kutner - Marriage Record Translation - English.pdf
 Filesize:  66.55 KB
 Downloaded:  384 Time(s)

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:29 am      Post subject:

mattyj1202 wrote:
Thanks very much, Marcel! (Yes - I'm the one who you helped in identifying Grzymki in that handwritten document.)

The translation attached to that document is actually one I know is not very accurate (I have a better translation); here's the good one (attached - some of my notes are at the bottom).

I also can find no information on Felix's wife, Victoria Kutner - would you mind checking the State Archives to see if there's any information on her? The marriage ledger states that she was born in Skloty, which I believe is part of Nowe parish in Kutno county.

Thank you very much!

Matt

i think i have some info about Wiktoria

mattyj1202

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:08 am      Post subject:

Really? Wow - very curious to know what you found and how. Thanks, Marcel!

M
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: