PolishOrigins Forum

 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
Message
NB_Roots



Joined: 02 May 2017
Replies: 14
Location: United States

Back to top
Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:05 pm      Post subject: Looking for Biskupice and the Groblicki's (sp???)
Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help recently, I have made some great strides and have finally narrowed down where my ancestors the Nickowal's came from. There were also two brothers, who married two Nickowal sisters.

I was wondering if anyone could help me locate the Groblicki's town Biskupice I haven't found it on a map, and was wondering if the proper spelling is different. I am curious if it was close to the Nickowal's home town....

The two brothers were....

Frank Groblicki or Groblicka (Not sure the proper polish spelling)
Born: Sept 2, 1882
Arrived: ~1904,1905
Married: Stephania Nickowal in the US

and....

Jan Groblicki or Groblicka
Born: 1871
Arrived: ~1893,1895
Married: Waleria Nickowal in the US

I am pretty sure they were brothers, but each of their US marriage records list different parents names. An obituary for Jan Groblicki does list a brother Frank, but Im not sure if its enough yet to call them brothers at this point. I have one DNA match, from John Groblicki's side. The only record that shows their parents were the marriage records.

They each married Nickowal sisters; Waleria and Stephanie, with the help of this site I have been able to to determine that these towns in Southern Poland are listed in some of the Nickowal's records....

Stipmia - Stępina
Stougowa - Pstrągowa
Slinik - Glinik
Wisnowo - Wisniowa

There was also a story they were from Krakow and worked in a hospital there, but most of the surnames in my family seem to be from the Rzeszow area, so I am not sure if Biskupice would be close to the Krakow or Rzeszow area.

I have attached a copy of Frank Groblicki's WWI draft record that lists the town Biskupice, Poland. Any insight would be appreciated.



Frank_Groblicki_WWI_Draft_Card_Biskupice.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  173.72 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Frank_Groblicki_WWI_Draft_Card_Biskupice.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Replies: 1710
Location: Joao Pessoa - Brazil

Back to top
Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:21 pm      Post subject: Re: Looking for Biskupice and the Groblicki's (sp???)
Reply with quote

NB_Roots wrote:
Thanks for all the help recently, I have made some great strides and have finally narrowed down where my ancestors the Nickowal's came from. There were also two brothers, who married two Nickowal sisters.

I was wondering if anyone could help me locate the Groblicki's town Biskupice I haven't found it on a map, and was wondering if the proper spelling is different. I am curious if it was close to the Nickowal's home town....

The two brothers were....

Frank Groblicki or Groblicka (Not sure the proper polish spelling)
Born: Sept 2, 1882
Arrived: ~1904,1905
Married: Stephania Nickowal in the US

and....

Jan Groblicki or Groblicka
Born: 1871
Arrived: ~1893,1895
Married: Waleria Nickowal in the US

I am pretty sure they were brothers, but each of their US marriage records list different parents names. An obituary for Jan Groblicki does list a brother Frank, but Im not sure if its enough yet to call them brothers at this point. I have one DNA match, from John Groblicki's side. The only record that shows their parents were the marriage records.

They each married Nickowal sisters; Waleria and Stephanie, with the help of this site I have been able to to determine that these towns in Southern Poland are listed in some of the Nickowal's records....

Stipmia - Stępina
Stougowa - Pstrągowa
Slinik - Glinik
Wisnowo - Wisniowa

There was also a story they were from Krakow and worked in a hospital there, but most of the surnames in my family seem to be from the Rzeszow area, so I am not sure if Biskupice would be close to the Krakow or Rzeszow area.

I have attached a copy of Frank Groblicki's WWI draft record that lists the town Biskupice, Poland. Any insight would be appreciated.


Hi,

54 places named Biskupice today. About 12 in that area. Check mapa.szukacz.pl

Gilberto
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
NB_Roots



Joined: 02 May 2017
Replies: 14
Location: United States

Back to top
Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:18 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thanks for trying, guess this one wasn't so easy.
View user's profile
Send private message
NB_Roots



Joined: 02 May 2017
Replies: 14
Location: United States

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:06 am      Post subject: Does PRZESKO narrow it down?
Reply with quote

I found a ships record from 1905 that lists his brother Jan Groblicki as a sponsor, his place of residence is listed as....

PRZESKO

His name was listed Groblichi

would that narrow out down at all what Biskupice it might be?

I have attached the new record....



1905_Frank_Groblicki_Arrival_ Ships_Record.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  931.92 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1905_Frank_Groblicki_Arrival_ Ships_Record.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Replies: 1710
Location: Joao Pessoa - Brazil

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:47 am      Post subject: Re: Does PRZESKO narrow it down?
Reply with quote

NB_Roots wrote:
I found a ships record from 1905 that lists his brother Jan Groblicki as a sponsor, his place of residence is listed as....

PRZESKO

His name was listed Groblichi

would that narrow out down at all what Biskupice it might be?

I have attached the new record....


I could not locate a Przesko in "Austria" (Galicia) but there is a Brzesko and a Biskupice about 7 miles away. Krakow area. By the way, compare the capital B in Bulgarian some lines above to the capital P in Przesko.

Map attached.

Gilberto



Capturar.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  266.82 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Capturar.JPG


View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
NB_Roots



Joined: 02 May 2017
Replies: 14
Location: United States

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:09 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thanks that could be it, I used the surname mapping site and got this....

https://nazwiska-polskie.pl/Groblicki

There were still some living in

Biskupice Melsztynskie, Malopolskie, Poland

That could be it, thanks again for the help
View user's profile
Send private message
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Replies: 1710
Location: Joao Pessoa - Brazil

Back to top
Post Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:20 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

NB_Roots wrote:
Thanks that could be it, I used the surname mapping site and got this....

https://nazwiska-polskie.pl/Groblicki

There were still some living in

Biskupice Melsztynskie, Malopolskie, Poland

That could be it, thanks again for the help


You are welcome. RC parish in Domoslawiece. No records available on line. FS catalog https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/291859?availability=Family%20History%20Library
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB ©

© 2018 COPYRIGHTS BY THE OWNER OF POLISHORIGINS.COM