PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 410, 411, 412 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:39 pm      Post subject: Thank You for Help with Marriage Record of Jacob Kotowski

Dave,
Thank you once again for the detailed response. It's amazing to be able to extract the basic information on my own using the resources from this group, but I am so grateful for the help and education on the details and nuances. I do have a few follow-up questions.

Do you see something different for the village that Jakob came from?
Does this indicate that both of his parents were deceased or just his father?

You are correct about the last name being Łada. That was a copy/paste artifact.

I really can't thank you enough.
- Dawn
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Thank You for Help with Marriage Record of Jacob Kotowsk

Dawn K wrote:
Dave,
Thank you once again for the detailed response. It's amazing to be able to extract the basic information on my own using the resources from this group, but I am so grateful for the help and education on the details and nuances. I do have a few follow-up questions.

Do you see something different for the village that Jakob came from?
Does this indicate that both of his parents were deceased or just his father?

You are correct about the last name being Łada. That was a copy/paste artifact.

I really can't thank you enough.
- Dawn

Dawn,

Easy things first...Yes both his parents are deceased.

Now the tougher stuff…Rzeszów is a town in województwo podkarpackie in south eastern Poland and is almost 180 miles from the other locations in the record. It is easier for me to say that it is not Rzeszów than to say what the name of the place is. Here are the letters of which I am fairly certain with question marks for those I am not. I see Rze??oncy, which should be the Locative Case of the place name. My guess is that the Nominative is probably Rze??onca but there is no village in the vicinity with even a vaguely similar name.

Usually in marriage records in the left column the villages of the groom and of the bride are listed. In this record the villages are Szeligi [for the groom] & Gronostaie (in contemporary Polish: Gronostaje) [for the bride]. For the bride the left column and the body of the text (Gronostaiach [Locative ending] match up. The body of the text gives Rze??oncy as the place where the groom was born and where he was residing---thus a fine mystery. Perhaps someone else can shed some light on the name of the place where the groom was living.

Sorry that I can’t be of more help regarding the name.

Dave
Dawn K

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:38 pm      Post subject: Marriage of Jakob Kotowski

Could the word be rzeczony referring back to Szeligi?
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:07 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage of Jakob Kotowski

Dawn K wrote:
Could the word be rzeczony referring back to Szeligi?

Dawn,

That is the word. I was looking for a village name amd that the word was an adjective didn't occur to me. The spelling in the record is rzeczoney which in today's spelling is rzeczonej and it modifies wsi.

You have good word recognition abilities.

Dave
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:14 am      Post subject: Re: Please translate Zolnierzak death record

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello,

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please translate this death record for Mateusz Zolnierzak. From what I can make out, he died January 22, 1812, age 55. Also, it looks like his death was reported by his brother, Mikolaj Zolnierzak, age 57? I am having trouble deciphering the rest. This is an important record because if I am reading it correctly, and it does say Mikolaj was his brother, then I have found a document that links me to living relatives I have recently discovered!

I don't want to get my hopes up too much until I get an expert to actually translate this record.

Many Thanks for your help,
Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

I know you were expecting an expert but here is a summary of what I see in the record. Some of the text is too faint for me to see. Here is what I am able to see.

To answer your central question...the death was reported January 24, 1812 by the brother of the deceased (brat rodzony), Mikołaj Zołnierzak, age 50, residing in Gol??kowo.

Second informant: Kazimierz Swiętorecki(?), residing in Bulkowo.

Deceased: Mateusz Zołnierzak, age 55, a married man, survived by his widow, Kunegunda (maiden name too faint for me to see clearly), age 51
Place of death: Bulkowo in house #18.
Date of Death: January 22, 1812

Hope this helps you somewhat.

Dave
sarahf3667

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:32 am      Post subject: Re: Translation request

Thank you so much Gilberto Smile

Magroski49 wrote:
sarahf3667 wrote:
Hi, I wondered if anyone could possibly help me translate the attached birth record for my grandfather? I am struggling with the handwriting. Many thanks,

Sarah Smile

Sarah,
I am not a full polish reader. This is what I've got:
Warsaw. Pelcowina neighborhood. St. Jadwiga parish.
August 31, 1924 at 1 p.m.
Waclaw 'can't read his surname', a locksmith, 25 years old, residing at Torunska street nr. 42 in Pelcowina.
In the presence of (the witnesses) Maksymilyan Fijalkiewicz, a mason, and Stefan Tobelski (?), a locksmith, both of age, residing in Pelcowina, presented us a child of the masculine sex, declaring it was born in Pelcowina, on August 7 of the current year, at 3 a.m., son of his legitimate wife Janina, nee Brejwo(?), 22 years old.
On the same day the child was baptized and was given the name Ryszard Kazimierz.
Godparents were the forementioned Maksymilyan Fijalkiewicz and Bronislawa Dabrowski.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
worlaskey

Replies: 27

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:25 pm      Post subject:

Ladies and/or Gentlemen,

Please translate the attached letter. Thank you

William Orlaskey

Lodz info.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  339.77 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Lodz info.jpg

zolkie

Replies: 58

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:57 am      Post subject: Type of Document

Rather than trying to extract information from a document, I'm hoping that someone can confirm the type of documents I'm examining for purposes of citation.
Photo included below. I apologize for the quality.

Here's my attempt:

"Urząd Stanu Cywilnego w Czudcu" Civil Registry Office of/for Czudec

"Parafia rszymsko katolicka" Roman Catholic parish

"USC" (abbreviation for Urząd Stanu Cywilnego) Civil Registry Office

"Ksiega zejscia - wtoropis Czudec" Book of descent handwritten Czudec....meaning this is info extracted from original records at Czudec?

"1835 - 1850"

"Nr i lp spisu zdawczo odbiorczego? 2/3" ....[lost on this one]

"kategorna A" Category A

"str. 500" An abbreviation for 'stron'?...in which case Pages 500

So from what I can glean, this is a local civil registry of extracted information/certificates from Czudec of the Roman Catholic parish there?

3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.13 KB

3.jpg

Jpointer54
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 18

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:16 pm      Post subject: Polish Translation Jan Piatkowski 1823

I have located the birth record of my 3rd great uncle, Jan Piatkowski. Would you be so kind to provide a translation for me. The link to this record is found at:

https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/#query.facetQuery.date=1823&query.city=Rypin&query.suggestion=false&query.thumbnails=false&query.facet=true&query.sortMode=DEFAULT&modal=293956123&goComments=false&searcher=big&query.query

Thank you very much,

John

jan piatkowski_1823_Rypin_record 61.jpg
 Description:
https://www.genealogiawarchiwach.pl/#query.facetQuery.date=1823&query.city=Rypin&query.suggestion=false&query.thumbnails=false&query.facet=true&query.sortMode=DEFAULT&modal=293956123&goComments=false&searcher=big&query.
 Filesize:  617.73 KB

jan piatkowski_1823_Rypin_record 61.jpg

lak37

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:19 pm      Post subject:

worlaskey wrote:
Ladies and/or Gentlemen,

William Orlaskey

"The State Archives in Lodz informs you that it does not have the Roman Catholic Parish records from Trebki in its possession. Therefore I cannot carry out searches of the civil status records that are of interest to you. In this case, we advise you to contact the National Archives in Płock. In Addition, we inform you that the information on this portal may be useful to your inquiries: link."
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:28 am      Post subject:

worlaskey wrote:
Ladies and/or Gentlemen,

William Orlaskey

Your letter dated: 06.10.2018
Our reference: OII.6344.544.2018
Date: 16th October 2018

The National Archives in Lodz wishes to advise that the resources it possesses do not comprise the archival fond ‘Civil Registration Records of the Roman Catholic Parish of Trebki’. Consequently, it cannot perform a search for civil registration records that you are interested in. It is the National Archives in Plock (09-400 Plock, ul. Kazimierza Wielkiego 9 B) that we advise you to contact regarding the matter in question. Morover, the National Archives in Lodz wishes to advise that the data that is being made available on the portal ‘geneteka.genealodzy.pl’ can also prove to be useful for your search.

Maciej Janik (signed), Deputy Head of the National Archives in Lodz
Forbekat

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:05 pm      Post subject:

Several months ago I tried typing in the Polish words from a letter I could not translate with google. Oops! I did not realize that the Polish would translate to English when it posted. This time I scanned that section. I would appreciate any help.

scanned excerpt polish letter.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  428.14 KB

scanned excerpt polish letter.jpeg

moira426

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:52 pm      Post subject: Translation

Hello! I have a record I need to be translated. I hope the quality is good enough. Thank you so much for your help!!

Moira

JozefaK (1).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  418.3 KB

JozefaK (1).png

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:58 am      Post subject:

Forbekat wrote:
Several months ago I tried typing in the Polish words from a letter I could not translate with google. Oops! I did not realize that the Polish would translate to English when it posted. This time I scanned that section. I would appreciate any help.

.... You live. My uncle died on the 27th day of January 1959. Now i want prove to You who i am for you (how we are related). I am your father's first cousin. Your grandfather (your father's father) and my father they were brothers. So, i am your cousin. My name is Saczywko Józef, in english you can type Sachifko Józef, born in 1911 in Saczywki. Hence, from Saczywki, Your father emigrated to.....

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:11 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

moira426 wrote:
Hello! I have a record I need to be translated. I hope the quality is good enough. Thank you so much for your help!!

Moira

Nr 43
Radzynek

It happened in the village Żałe on the 22nd day of April 1868 at 9 a.m. Appeared Ludwik Kubkowski, gardener living in Radzynek, 26 years old in the presence of Marceli Jankowski, blacksmith, 25 years old and Jakub Boniecki, gardener, 50 years old, both living in Radzynek and presented us a female child and informed that the child was born in Radzynek on the 19th day of the current month and year at 9 a.m. with his wife Marianna nee Piwnicka, 31 years old.
At the Holy Baptism held today by the priest Felicjan Lekszycki the child was given the nane Józefa and her godparents were: Marceli Jankowski and Marianna Wiśniewska.
This act was read aloud to the illiterate declarant and witnesses and signed only by Us.
priest Felicjan Lekszycki signature, Żałe parish parson, serving as civil registrar.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 410, 411, 412 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 411 of 580

Jump to: