PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:49 pm      Post subject: Female naming conventions

Would a woman's name always appear in church, governmental records as her birth name? For example, Wiktoria Drzymala, born 1886 would always appear by that name, even after her marriage, on property, death notice records, etc.?
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 am      Post subject: Re: Female naming conventions

Lee Kopp wrote:
Would a woman's name always appear in church, governmental records as her birth name? For example, Wiktoria Drzymala, born 1886 would always appear by that name, even after her marriage, on property, death notice records, etc.?

I do not know exactly what document you have, but in most cases, when it comes to a married woman there was info about her maiden name and marriage name in different records.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: