PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 28

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:00 pm      Post subject: Polish Document Translation

I have a Polish language birth record that I need help translating.

Year: 1838
Names: Jakob Knopp, Luiza Taube, Heinrich Knop
Place: maybe Lisnyno, or Borowice near Płock??
Lutheran Church of the Augsburg Confession

Thank you so much!!

1838 Heinrich Knopp birth.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  424.63 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1838 Heinrich Knopp birth.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:38 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Document Translation

Moni wrote:
I have a Polish language birth record that I need help translating.

Year: 1838
Names: Jakob Knopp, Luiza Taube, Heinrich Knop
Place: maybe Lisnyno, or Borowice near Płock??
Lutheran Church of the Augsburg Confession

Thank you so much!!

nr 76
Kępa Liszeńska (nowadays probobly Liszyno)

It happened in Płock on the 3rd day of July 1838 at 11 a.m. Appeared Jakub Knopp living in Kępa Liszeńska?, 45 years ol in the presence of Krystian Fengler, farmer from Wykowe Pole, 40 years old and Paweł Witzck, chałupnik (a peasant without land or having a small piece of land) from Czernie, 34 years old and presented Us a male child born today in Kępa Liszeńska at 2 a.m. with his wife Ludwika nee Taub, 25 years old.
At the Holy Baptism held today the child was given the name Henryk and the godparents were: mentioned above Fengler and Anna Knopp nee Jabs from Czernie.
This act was read aloud to the declarant and witnesses and not signed by them, because all three of them declared that they cannot write.

priest Ignacy Boerner, Płock' pastor.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:06 pm      Post subject: Re: Polish Translation

ANNI wrote:
I am hoping someone can help with deciphering Polish handwriting and translate it into English but also put the Polish version in as well as I need to pass it on to someone else.[/b]

patriotyzm i lojalność służbowa bardzo duże
wytrzymałość i sprawność fizyczna przeciętna
wytrzymałość nerwowa i odwaga bardzo duże
poczucie honoru, godności i ambicji własnej bardzo duże
siłą woli duża
Ambicja pracy przeciętna, nie lubi się przemęczać
mało dbały o wygląd zewnętrzny
Inteligencja bardzo duża, wyrobienie towarzyskie bardzo duże
poziom wiedzy ogólnej bardzo wysoki
wiadomości wojskowe pod względem taktycznym....

very high patriotism and military service allegiance
average strenght and physical fitness
very high nervous endurance and courage
very high honor, dignity and self ambition level
high willpower
average work ambition, he doesn't like to overwork
does not care much about the external appearance
very high intelligence and sociability level
high level of general knowledge
military knowledge about tactics....

treich

Replies: 167

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:28 am      Post subject: Transcription Help

The attached is from a birth record and I cannot figure it out. Can someone help me decipher the first word?

Annotation 2018-12-31 092744.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  23.52 KB

Annotation 2018-12-31 092744.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:47 am      Post subject: Re: Transcription Help

treich wrote:
The attached is from a birth record and I cannot figure it out. Can someone help me decipher the first word?

a wszystkich - and all of them

mkrm

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19 am      Post subject: TEST

TEST

Last edited by mkrm on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
ANNI

Replies: 17

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:47 am      Post subject: CONTINUATION OF THE NOTEBOOK

Thank you for your reply which I appreciate. Happy New Year - Anni
ANNI

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:56 am      Post subject: Deciphering Polish Handwriting

I have had most of the attachment for Evidence Card for Officers deciphered except for 7pp ???? on the left and under Uwagi (others I have Was killed day 22.09.44 ??????????. Any help would be appreciated and if possible the sigaturein the right hand corner at the bottom[/b]

Evidence Card for Officers (Polish).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.83 KB

Evidence Card for Officers (Polish).jpg

sirdan
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 304

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:52 pm      Post subject: Re: Deciphering Polish Handwriting

Hello lemme try this one too:
Ostatni
przydział w 7 pp. Komp Broni Towarz.
wojsku we
Francji

He was last grouped in 7th Infantry Regiment in subgroup Komapnia Broni Towarzyszących. It would be this https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_Pu%C5%82k_Piechoty_(PSZ) (7 Pułk Piechoty (1940) - pułk piechoty Polskich Sił Zbrojnych we Francji) or https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_Pu%C5%82k_Piechoty_Legion%C3%B3w
It should be taken into consideration that he was reserved in 1938. But after the war started, he might join to the 7th IR (from firtst Link) for example as trainer.

Uwagi
Poległ dn. 22.09.44 pod xxxx w 1 Sam. Bryg. xxxxxx?
Now, above shortcut may refer to
1 Samodzielna Brygada Strzelców https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Samodzielna_Brygada_Strzelc%C3%B3w ..but it was changed into 1. Dywizję Grenadierów in 1943.
or
1 Samodzielna Brygada Spadochronowa https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/1_Samodzielna_Brygada_Spadochronowa

If we take into consideration 1st SB Spadochronową ( Polish 1st Independent Parachute Brigade) he might took in Operation Market Garden and in battle of Arnhem https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Arnhem

And..when looked again on the text under Uwagi, it became stroking to me that he Poległ w Arnhen (was killed in Arnhen) And the first word in second line would be Spad. from Spadochronowa (parachute) as continuation to previously 1sth Samodz. Bryg. Then we have L. 2654 where L stands for Liczba (Number). Cannot read for now what would be after slash.

Signature
Podpis Dowódcy
(Commander singnature) Must be british Commandor

Prawdziwość powyższych dat
stwierdzam podpisem St. Ślewerz (Stanisław Ślewerz/Ślawarz)?

Karte wypełniono w: Biggar (town?) date: the year is probably false. I mean not corrected from 1940. It might be 1945 then?

Edit: Actually, looking at handwriting, this document might be filled indeed on 20 of July 1940 after entering to England.
The UWAGI might be filled after his death, kind of update.
ANNI

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:19 pm      Post subject: Deciphering Polish Handwriting

This is to thank Ostatni for helping me and to confirm that the person it relates to who was Stanislaw Antoni Slesicki who died at Arnhem 22.09/44 as part of the 1st Independant Polish Parachute Brigade
ANNI

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:30 am      Post subject: Deciphering Polish Handwriting

I know this will be a difficult task but I would be grateful for help with deciphering the terrible writing. As before, I need it in both Polish and English and I am thankful that people are willing to help[/b]

17.1X-22.1X.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  276.2 KB

17.1X-22.1X.jpg

wisniewski98

Replies: 39

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:49 pm      Post subject:

Please help with the translation of this record.
Thank you for your help,
Michal

002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  802.47 KB

002.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:39 am      Post subject:

wisniewski98 wrote:
Please help with the translation of this record.
Thank you for your help,
Michal

Emolinek

It happened in Kroczewo on the 1st day of January 1860 at 11 a.m. Appeared Józef Olszewski, 39 years old, laborer from the village Emolinek in the presence of Tomasz Olszewski, 37 years old and Łukasz Domżała, 40 years old, both farmers from the village Emolinek and presented us a male child informing that the child was born in Emolinek on the 26th day of December 1859 at 8 p.m. with his wife Józefa nee Szczygielska, 27 years old.
At the holy Baptism held today by Us the child was given the name Antoni and the godparents were: mentioned above Tomasz Olszewski and Marianna Kowalska.
This act was read aloud to the declarant and witnesses, all illiterate and signed by Us.

priest Kucharski Jan signature, serving as civil registrar.

crispm28
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 133

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:39 pm      Post subject: Ciania document

Hello, I would appreciate a translation of the following birth document. The document is in two pages. Thank you in advance for all your great work.
Christine

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6SK7-PJW?i=270&wc=9RTH-6TL%3A362228801%2C363715401%2C363004601&cc=2115410

Ciania Maryanna b. 1835 II.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.26 KB

Ciania Maryanna b. 1835 II.JPG

Ciania Maryanna b. 1835.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  335.23 KB

Ciania Maryanna b. 1835.JPG

Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:47 am      Post subject: Re: Ciania document

crispm28 wrote:
Hello, I would appreciate a translation of the following birth document. The document is in two pages. Thank you in advance for all your great work.
Christine

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:S3HY-6SK7-PJW?i=270&wc=9RTH-6TL%3A362228801%2C363715401%2C363004601&cc=2115410

102. Kuznica Lugowska. It came to pass on the fifth day of July in the year of one thousand eight hundred and thirty-five, at the hour of twelve, at noon, in Ossyakow. Appeared personally Jan Ciania, a farmer, thirty-two years of age, residing in the Village of Kuznica Lugowska, accompanied by Jedrzej Korczyk, a farmer, forty years of age, and Marcin Rabenda, a farmer, fifty years of age, both of them being farmers residing in Kuznica Lugowska, and presented to us a baby of the female sex, born on the twenty-ninth day of June of the current year, at the hour of ten in the evening, here in Kuznica, from his wife Agnieszka nee Bieganski, twenty-eight years of age. The said baby, during the holy baptism which had been held earlier that day, had been given the name Maryanna, and her godparents had been Agustyn Walkowiak and Maryanna Bieganski from Ossyakow. The present certificate was read aloud to the witnesses present and subsequently signed by myself, because everybody {else} did not know how to write.

Priest Madalinski (signed)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 415 of 580

Jump to: