PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:57 am      Post subject: Research help on Witek/Wojick/Bogucki

Hello! I am just beginning my search, so apologies in advance if my questions are ridiculous! I am looking for help finding ancestors of Jan Witek (I know, very popular name) born circa 1883 in/around Warsaw. He was perhaps married to a Anna Olszewska (born 1885ish). Other surnames I have been given in this tree are a Marianna Bogucki (married Jozef Witek). I have tried to make sense of this on Ancestry, but information is limited. Would appreciate any help, guidance, ideas, etc
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2783

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:40 pm      Post subject: Re: Research help on Witek/Wojick/Bogucki

przytycki01 wrote:
Hello! I am just beginning my search, so apologies in advance if my questions are ridiculous! I am looking for help finding ancestors of Jan Witek (I know, very popular name) born circa 1883 in/around Warsaw. He was perhaps married to a Anna Olszewska (born 1885ish). Other surnames I have been given in this tree are a Marianna Bogucki (married Jozef Witek). I have tried to make sense of this on Ancestry, but information is limited. Would appreciate any help, guidance, ideas, etc

Hi,

This might be the marriage record you are looking for. http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=4&zs=0146d&sy=1907&kt=2&plik=07-08.jpg#zoom=1&x=2195&y=676
The place is Magnuszew which is south of Warsaw. Attached is a map. The ages match. Indexed on Geneteka: http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=S&w=07mz&rid=S&search_lastname=witek&search_name=&search_lastname2=olszew

Wishing you success,

Dave

Screenshot_2019-01-04 mapa szukacz pl - Mapa Polski z planami miast-2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.83 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot_2019-01-04 mapa szukacz pl - Mapa Polski z planami miast-2.png

przytycki01

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:04 pm      Post subject: Re: Research help on Witek/Wojick/Bogucki

thank you so much! I have so much to learn! As far as I know, my Mother is the only Witek decendant that has immigrated to the US. I find this so hard to believe!

dnowicki wrote:
przytycki01 wrote:

Hi,

This might be the marriage record you are looking for. http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=4&zs=0146d&sy=1907&kt=2&plik=07-08.jpg#zoom=1&x=2195&y=676
The place is Magnuszew which is south of Warsaw. Attached is a map. The ages match. Indexed on Geneteka: http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=S&w=07mz&rid=S&search_lastname=witek&search_name=&search_lastname2=olszew

Wishing you success,

Dave
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: