PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 pm      Post subject: Marya Delikat Sędek of Swilcza (1876-1942?)

Hello from America, and with apologies for spelling!

My wife's great grandmother Marya Delikat came from Swilcza, and we are trying to learn anything we can of her life. We don't KNOW a whole lot, but I have pieced together what looks like her story with some help from Martin Marynicz in Poland via Facebook.

We know that she emigrated to America, married Florian Marynicz there, and had two daughters (Emilia in 1898). Florian was apparently fatally wounded in a coal mine fire in Pennsylvania when the girls were small. Apparently Marya returned to Swilcza with the two girls, remarried sometime before 1913 to unknown Sędek, and lived out her life there. No idea when the second marriage was, if there were any additional children, or when she died (possibly 1942?). Marya's sister also returned to the US to Niagara Falls (I don't know her name!), and apparently married the fellow who invented the Triscuit cracker Smile They were still alive in western New York in the late 1970s.

I have found an Ellis Island record, 27 Apr 1896 which I believe is Marya, at age 20. And Martin found this record index, which I would love to be able to order somehow, but I don't read Polish and have no idea if it is possible.

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/59/3065/0/2/1195?q=delikat&wynik=13&rpp=15&page=1#tabJednostka

We have Ancestry and MyHeritage accounts, and I hope that we might connect with other family - but we would be grateful to learn whatever we can! Thanks in advance for allowing me to share this here.

With warm regards,
Andrew
Visit poster's website
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:36 am      Post subject: Re: Marya Delikat Sędek of Swilcza (1876-1942?)

Andrew McKnight wrote:
Hello from America, and with apologies for spelling!

My wife's great grandmother Marya Delikat came from Swilcza, and we are trying to learn anything we can of her life. We don't KNOW a whole lot, but I have pieced together what looks like her story with some help from Martin Marynicz in Poland via Facebook.

We know that she emigrated to America, married Florian Marynicz there, and had two daughters (Emilia in 1898). Florian was apparently fatally wounded in a coal mine fire in Pennsylvania when the girls were small. Apparently Marya returned to Swilcza with the two girls, remarried sometime before 1913 to unknown Sędek, and lived out her life there. No idea when the second marriage was, if there were any additional children, or when she died (possibly 1942?). Marya's sister also returned to the US to Niagara Falls (I don't know her name!), and apparently married the fellow who invented the Triscuit cracker Smile They were still alive in western New York in the late 1970s.

I have found an Ellis Island record, 27 Apr 1896 which I believe is Marya, at age 20. And Martin found this record index, which I would love to be able to order somehow, but I don't read Polish and have no idea if it is possible.

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/59/3065/0/2/1195?q=delikat&wynik=13&rpp=15&page=1#tabJednostka

We have Ancestry and MyHeritage accounts, and I hope that we might connect with other family - but we would be grateful to learn whatever we can! Thanks in advance for allowing me to share this here.

With warm regards,
Andrew

Andrew,

Chances are you can find her second marriage in this collection of scanned records:
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/search?q=swilcza%20XSKANro:t&rpp=15&order=&page=1

And here is the link for a tutorial:
https://mikeeliasz.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/a-guide-for-using-szukajwarchiwach-pl-poradnik-polish-archive-guide-poradnik/

Hope this can be of some help.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: