PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:08 pm      Post subject: Researching Czajkowski, Pisarek and Wysocki Families

I am searching for info on my grandmother's parents, grandparents and my grandfathers ancestors. My grandmother's maiden name was Sophie Czajkowski who was born May 8 1897 in Shawano WI. Her parents are John b 1855 Poland d 1919 WI and Agnes Pisarek 1858-1899. Both are buried in St. Stanilsaus Hofa Park WI along with John's brother Franciszek 1853-1927 and his wife Magdalena 1855-1943 and other family members. She had many siblings & 2 step sisters, Wladyslaus 1885-1973, Pelagia-Paula 1887-1924, Albert b1888, Stella b1889, Helen C 1890-1901, John 1891-1951, Frances Xavier 1893-1986--whose son just past away earlier this year in MI--Irvin Francis b1927 in Hofa Park WI, Bronislawa b 1894, Anna 1900-1905 and Mary b1903. I came across the obit for Irvin Francis by accident and found his photo. He looks exactly like my grandmother did when she was in her 80's. His children are my second cousins & I think some live in MI. My great grandmother Agnes Pisarek's parents were Franciszek Pisarek who died in 1873 in Beaver Dam WI and Josphine (don't know her maiden name) died in Milw WI in 1900. John's parents are Franciszek Czajkowski and I'm not sure of his mother. I've come across 2 names, Franciszka Wichrowski and Marie Komassa.

I have less info on my grandfather Jacub--Jacob Wysocki. I don't know if the last name was changed from something else. He was born in either Poland or Russia Aug 9 1891, came to Chicago IL with his brother Filip--Philip who was 1 or 2 years older. How he met my grandmother I don't know--they settled in Chgo. I think he had a child before he married my grandmother--(previous wife?) because my mother's delayed birth certificate says there are 2 other living children and there were 3 as my mom was the 4th and the youngest. I would like to find his parents, siblings, first wife, and if he was Jewish or Catholic. One census says he is Jewish. I can't find any birth or marriage records for my grandfather.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It will have to be in English because I can't read Polish. If there are any family photos, I would love to see them. Thank you for any help you can provide.
chylroots

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:47 pm      Post subject: Czajkowski and Pisarek

Hello,
I am currently researching my husband's family. He is related to one of Francis Xavier's children. I was just wondering how you got all the birth/death dates and names of family. I don't have too much to add since you seem to have more info than I do, but am happy to share what I know. There are relatives in Michigan as well.
Angela Monteiro

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:29 pm      Post subject: Re: Czajkowski and Pisarek

chylroots wrote:
Hello,
I am currently researching my husband's family. He is related to one of Francis Xavier's children. I was just wondering how you got all the birth/death dates and names of family. I don't have too much to add since you seem to have more info than I do, but am happy to share what I know. There are relatives in Michigan as well.

Hello!

I also look for information about the Wysocki family.

Bernice Wysocki married John (Jan) Kowalski in 1952 (approximately).

Bernice passed away approximately in 2002 and the pair lived in Michigan (Detroit).

Bernice was the daughter of Joseph and Francis and had 3 brothers (Edward, Joseph and Leo). This information is according to Censu of 1940.

I'm looking for family because John Kowalski was my grandfather's brother, but we lost contact with him when my grandfather passed away in 1951.

Do these names appear in your family?

Thanks

Angela
chylroots

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:10 pm      Post subject:

Hi Angela,
Unfortunately, I don't have any info for you on the Wysocki side. We are only related to the Czajkowski and Pisareks.
It is funny that the day I found your post I was researching your grandmother since she wasn't in the home for the 1910 census. I found a Sophie living with another Mary (too old to be the half sister) and Wanda living down the road with the Kalinowski's. Census says step children. I don't have any pics beyond Francis Xavier's childre, Irving's sister. However, there is a website for the St. Stanislaus jubilee and it has some old pics, including one with John. You can't really make out his face, but it is there.
Best of luck!
Angela Monteiro

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:25 pm      Post subject:

chylroots wrote:
Hi Angela,
Unfortunately, I don't have any info for you on the Wysocki side. We are only related to the Czajkowski and Pisareks.
It is funny that the day I found your post I was researching your grandmother since she wasn't in the home for the 1910 census. I found a Sophie living with another Mary (too old to be the half sister) and Wanda living down the road with the Kalinowski's. Census says step children. I don't have any pics beyond Francis Xavier's childre, Irving's sister. However, there is a website for the St. Stanislaus jubilee and it has some old pics, including one with John. You can't really make out his face, but it is there.
Best of luck!

Hello!

What a pity! But we're still on the search!
Could you pass me the site for the St. Stanislaus jubilee?
I'll look at the photos that exist on the site.

Thanks
thebratlm

Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:54 am      Post subject: Wysocki/Czajkowski/Pisarek Family

Can any of you please send me a message through this website and we can share our family histories. I have a tree on Ancestry and can share some photos. I wish I would have checked back to this website earlier. I have found much info from Ancestry and familysearch.org. I have the childrens names etc for Xavier's family also. Thank you.
Wally1049

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:56 pm      Post subject: Wysocki

There are Wysockis' in northeastern Pa
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: