PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:43 pm      Post subject: Tomasz Todorowski from Plock 1894

Tomasz was one of my Maternal Great Grandfathers.
His immigration paper at arrival in Baltimore, Maryland, USA in 1894 shows that his last residence was Plock, and that he was born in 1859, but we have other info that he was born in 1853.
He lived most of his life in Mt. Carmel, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, USA, as a coal miner.
He married Ludwica (Luisa) Piontkowski shortly thereafter. They had 6 children.
Tomasz died on 5/9/1938, Luisa (Louise in her obit.) died on 4/7/1959.
I'm looking for information on his origin in Poland (or thereabouts), and any info on the Piontkowski name or origin.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:15 am      Post subject: Re: Tomasz Todorowski from Plock 1894

MattiasT1565 wrote:
Tomasz was one of my Maternal Great Grandfathers.
His immigration paper at arrival in Baltimore, Maryland, USA in 1894 shows that his last residence was Plock, and that he was born in 1859, but we have other info that he was born in 1853.
He lived most of his life in Mt. Carmel, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, USA, as a coal miner.
He married Ludwica (Luisa) Piontkowski shortly thereafter. They had 6 children.
Tomasz died on 5/9/1938, Luisa (Louise in her obit.) died on 4/7/1959.
I'm looking for information on his origin in Poland (or thereabouts), and any info on the Piontkowski name or origin.

i have checked 1836-1907 period for Płock romancatholic parish in Płock and there was no birth record for Tomasz Todorowski so maybe he was baptised in different parish.
Can You show us any documents?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
MattiasT1565

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:17 am      Post subject: Hello, and thank you.

Attached is his arrival in Baltimore.
Based upon a dna report, I have strong connections to Podkarpackie Voivodeship, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, and slightly weaker to Lublin Voivodeship.

Tomasz Todorowski Arrival Baltimore 1894.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.85 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Tomasz Todorowski Arrival Baltimore 1894.jpg

Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:52 am      Post subject: Re: Hello, and thank you.

MattiasT1565 wrote:
Attached is his arrival in Baltimore.
Based upon a dna report, I have strong connections to Podkarpackie Voivodeship, Lesser Poland Voivodeship, and slightly weaker to Lublin Voivodeship.

Mattias,

This is the picture of the index card. On the passengers list he says he is going to "his father", in Mt. Carmel, though the name is not mentioned. Do you know his father's name?

I have also found a Jan Todorowski who was going to Tomasz Todorowski and the place of origin looks like Okuzin?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
MattiasT1565

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:31 am      Post subject:

The destination is Mt. Carmel, PA (for Pennsylvania). We have no record of his father.
We know he had a son, Jan, who was ordained as an RC Priest, but definitely born after Tomasz arrived here.
I will check census records for the Jan you reference.
Thank you!
MattiasT1565

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:39 am      Post subject:

Actually, now that I recall, my mother may have mentioned that Tomasz' oldest son might have been from a previous marriage. I think we have a photo of Fr. Jan's marker and must check the dates.
Can you send me the reference for the Jan from Okuzin? Also - I couldn't locate a town by that name in Poland currently, or anywhere nearby. Could it be something similar?
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:59 am      Post subject:

MattiasT1565 wrote:
Actually, now that I recall, my mother may have mentioned that Tomasz' oldest son might have been from a previous marriage. I think we have a photo of Fr. Jan's marker and must check the dates.
Can you send me the reference for the Jan from Okuzin? Also - I couldn't locate a town by that name in Poland currently, or anywhere nearby. Could it be something similar?

do You know something about Tomasz' parents or siblings? Do You have any letters, documents?

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:55 am      Post subject:

MattiasT1565 wrote:

Here: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C9TF-LQ9Y-K?i=483&cc=1368704
and next page.

Gilberto
Send e-mail
MattiasT1565

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:01 pm      Post subject:

Thank you, both!
Is there a way I can search for Todorowskis in/from Urszulin?
JPH1970

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:44 pm      Post subject:

Tomasz is my great grandfather too
dmdb1971

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:32 am      Post subject: Jan (John ) Todorowski

MattiasT1565 wrote:

Hello, from my knowledge, Tomasz (Thomas) & Ludwika's (Louise) son , Jan (John Todorowski) (9/16/1896-3/23/1948) was a priest who served in Little Compton, RI, Mount Carmel , PA and East Africa on a missionary. He was buried at St. Jospeh's cemetery in Mount Carmel, PA, in the priest section. His name on the stone is Jan. Hi parents , Thomas and Louise are also buried there in a different section. Stephen and Mary (son & his wife) ) are buried here and are listed on the foot of the stone.

103828509_135869673683.jpg
 Description:
Tomasz & Louise Todowrowski Grave Stone St. Joseph's Cemetery , Mount Carmel, PA
 Filesize:  164.77 KB

103828509_135869673683.jpg

todorowski stone.jpg
 Description:
John (Jan) Todorowski grave stone
 Filesize:  164.36 KB

todorowski stone.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: