PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:37 pm      Post subject: Roman Catholic records for Tarnawa Wyzna

My Skretowski grandfather's large family came from Tarnawa Wyzna. I understand that the Roman Catholic parish for their village was Turka. LDS has digitized the Greek Catholic records for this town but I can't find any digitized records for the Roman Catholic Turka parish for the years when they were born (1880 to 1902). I have spent hours on agad.gov.pl, szukajwarchiwach.pl, ancestry.com and familysearch.com I do not think they are online. Does anyone know where the records for this village might exist? Thank you for your help.
Aquila

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:50 pm      Post subject:

Today Tarnawa Wyżna is in the Lutowiska gmina, so maybe ask at the USC (Urząd Stanu Cywilnego):

[email protected]
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:05 pm      Post subject: Re: Roman Catholic records for Tarnawa Wyzna

kingjadwiga wrote:
My Skretowski grandfather's large family came from Tarnawa Wyzna. I understand that the Roman Catholic parish for their village was Turka. LDS has digitized the Greek Catholic records for this town but I can't find any digitized records for the Roman Catholic Turka parish for the years when they were born (1880 to 1902). I have spent hours on agad.gov.pl, szukajwarchiwach.pl, ancestry.com and familysearch.com I do not think they are online. Does anyone know where the records for this village might exist? Thank you for your help.

Hi kingjadwiga,

The R. C. parish for Tarnawa Wyzna was located in Borynia.

Wishing you success in your search,

Dave

Screenshot_2019-01-31 Digital Library of Wielkopolska-1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.66 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot_2019-01-31 Digital Library of Wielkopolska-1.png

kingjadwiga

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:22 am      Post subject:

Aquila wrote:
Today Tarnawa Wyżna is in the Lutowiska gmina, so maybe ask at the USC (Urząd Stanu Cywilnego):

[email protected]

Thank you Aquila. I will try that.
kingjadwiga

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:25 am      Post subject: Re: Roman Catholic records for Tarnawa Wyzna

dnowicki wrote:
kingjadwiga wrote:

Hi kingjadwiga,

The R. C. parish for Tarnawa Wyzna was located in Borynia.

Wishing you success in your search,

Dave

Thank you Dave.
Piotr Zelny
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 69

Post Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:01 am      Post subject:

Hi kingajadwigaI
Tarnawa Wyżna belonged to the roman catholic parish of Turka untill 1939, then to Borynia. The registry books of births of 1826-1888 you'll find at the national archive in Lviv (Ukraine), from 1889-1904 in the archive of achdiocese of Przemyśl (Poland), 1905-1945 in the registry office in Turka (probably still there, in some time will be moved to the archive in Lviv).
Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: