PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 417, 418, 419 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 114

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:10 pm      Post subject:

Thank you Marcel!

The father should be Abram, but I have seen a few spellings for him.

The child (my father's second cousin) is also indexed by the Mlawa archives as "Uszer" but I have seen him mentioned elsewhere as "Aser" although I suppose one might be Polish and the other Yiddish or Hebrew.

Thanks again!

John
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:48 pm      Post subject:

Podjazd wrote:
Thank you Marcel!

The father should be Abram, but I have seen a few spellings for him.

The child (my father's second cousin) is also indexed by the Mlawa archives as "Uszer" but I have seen him mentioned elsewhere as "Aser" although I suppose one might be Polish and the other Yiddish or Hebrew.

Thanks again!

John

im sorry, of course the child's father given name is Abram.
The childs name is written Uszer

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Rwyber

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:10 pm      Post subject: Olkowiak

Can you please translate record.

Franciszek Olkowiak Marriage-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  771.8 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

MikeHNiemczyk

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:15 am      Post subject: Marianna birth/baptismal record

Hello Group Members,

Could someone help me understand the "fine print" on this birth/baptismal record? It is dated 6 Mar 1897 and appears among records for Giedlarowa natives. Marianna's mother appears to be Agnieszka, the daughter of Andrzej Niemczyk and Agnieszka Gondek (Gadek). Or is Marianna a child adopted by Agnieszka? Other details in need of explication are: the place names Wysockiego and Ustrzyki, the dates 2 Jun 1905 and 19 Dec 1905. And what about the date (1930? 1950?) to the right of the record, where (presumably) the godparents' names appear?

Thank you,
Michael Niemczyk

6_mar_1897_birth_record_for_marianna_niemczyk_159.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  529.61 KB

Description:
 Filesize:  529.61 KB

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:31 am      Post subject: Re: Marianna birth/baptismal record

MikeHNiemczyk wrote:
Hello Group Members,

Could someone help me understand the "fine print" on this birth/baptismal record? It is dated 6 Mar 1897 and appears among records for Giedlarowa natives. Marianna's mother appears to be Agnieszka, the daughter of Andrzej Niemczyk and Agnieszka Gondek (Gadek). Or is Marianna a child adopted by Agnieszka? Other details in need of explication are: the place names Wysockiego and Ustrzyki, the dates 2 Jun 1905 and 19 Dec 1905. And what about the date (1930? 1950?) to the right of the record, where (presumably) the godparents' names appear?

Thank you,
Michael Niemczyk

this records are written mostly in latin language.

MikeHNiemczyk

Replies: 22

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:50 am      Post subject: Marianna birth/baptismal record

Thanks- I should have observed that. Sorry to have posted here.
David2019

Replies: 35

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:39 am      Post subject: Varniai Lithuania Parish Birth Record Translation

Hello,

Could someone assist me with translation these two birth records from Varniai parish?

Thanks,

Dave

V Birth 1788 (ePg147) Aloziad Birth (Felicjan's son) Page View.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.83 MB

V Birth 1788 (ePg147) Aloziad Birth (Felicjan's son) Page View.png

Tytis 1843 Temp File 1843 ePg147.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.77 MB

Tytis 1843 Temp File 1843 ePg147.png

Podjazd

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:32 pm      Post subject:

Hi Marcel

Looking for translation of Uszer Furmanski birth record, akta 15

thank you

UszerFurmanski1856.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  808.69 KB

UszerFurmanski1856.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:35 pm      Post subject: Re: Varniai Lithuania Parish Birth Record Translation

David2019 wrote:
Hello,

Could someone assist me with translation these two birth records from Varniai parish?

Thanks,

Dave

first record is written in latin

second is in polish:

i tried my best:

It happened on the 11th day of April 1843 in Varniai romancatholic parish church a child was baptised with Holy Water and Holy Oils and was given the names Tytus Epifaniusz

parents: noblemans Alojzy and Aleksandra nee Bortkiewicz, spouses Giedwiłło... something about son of border judge*** of Telsza county??? born on the 7th day of April in the manor Polipkaliny??? located in Varniani parish

Godparents: Apollo Bortkiewicz, Telsza Diocesian Seminary Student and nobleman Elżbieta Benewiczówna

***A border judge had to be a nobleman and acted only on the eastern frontier territories of the former Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. He judged the disputes between the subjects of both countries to the company with Russian judges.

Rwyber

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:46 pm      Post subject: Marriage Record

Can you please translate this record - Not sure what language.

Description:
 Filesize:  771.8 KB

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:00 pm      Post subject:

Podjazd wrote:
Hi Marcel

Looking for translation of Uszer Furmanski birth record, akta 15

thank you

It happened in the city Mława on the 15th/27th day of June 1856 at 8 a.m. Appeared orthodox jew Szaul Furmański, grain traider, 40 years old in the presence of the witnesses Lewin Szmulowicz Landau, teacher, 69 years old and Abram Bajlowicz, 45 years old, synagogue teachers living in Mława and presented Us a male child born on the 2nd/14th day of June of the current year with his wife Sura nee Enzlowicz, 30 years old.
At the circumcision rite the child was given the name Uszer.
This act was read aloud to the declarant and witnesses and signed.

Podjazd

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:37 pm      Post subject:

Much appreciated once again Marcel.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:38 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record

Rwyber wrote:
Can you please translate this record - Not sure what language.

village Wola Koszucka

It happened in the village Kowalewo on the 18th day of November 1827 at noon.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses Ignacy Barański, chałupnik* living in the village Kowalewo, uncle of aftermentioned Tekla Barańska, 53 years old and Andrzej Reputak, chałupnik living in the village Wola Koszucka, uncle of aftermentioned Franciszek Olek, 36 years old, both romancatholics, there was concluded on this day religious marriage between:

Franciszek Olek, a young man, farmhand, living in the village Wola Koszucka, born in the village Gozdowo located in the Grand Dutchy of Posen, son of Antoni and Cecylia nee Otek (or maybe Otke?) spouses Olek, living in Gozdowo, farmers, 27 years old

and

Tekla Barańska, a miss, daughter of spouses: Ludwik Barański and Justyna Barańska nee Dominiczak, halffarmers** living in the village Kowalewo. She was born in the village Kowalewo, 19 years old, living with her parents in kowalewo.

Newlyweds and their parents are romancatholics.

Religious marriage ceremony celebrated by the priest Walenty Zarniewicz, Kowalewo parish vicar.
This marriage was preceded by 3 banns on the: 28th day of October, 4th and 11th day of November of the current year in Kowalewo parish.
Newlyweds parents, present during writing this marriage act gave oral permission for this marriage.

There were no obstacles for this marriage.
Newlyweds informed they didnt make any premarital agreement.
This act was read aloud to the newlyweds and witnesses and wasnt signed by them because they are illiterate.

priest Stanisław Mędrzecki signature, Kowalewo parish parson.

* chałupnik: landless peasant (or almost landless) having a house (cottage) or living in it not necessarily permanently, without land or only a small garden
**półrolnik, literaly halffarmer: farmer with 12 morga to half włóka of land. Morga and włóka are land measurement units.

the end of this act was on the next page attached here

HGTD47bj7Bm4Y-O9V3Gxig.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.79 KB

HGTD47bj7Bm4Y-O9V3Gxig.jpg

David2019

Replies: 35

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:45 pm      Post subject: Varniai Lithuania Parish Birth Record Translation

Thanks for your assistance - very helpful.

Question for you. I know that the first/other record is in Latin, but I was thinking that the baby in the Latin record might be the father in the record that you translated (the Polipkalnie village was very small, and I think there was only one Giedwillo family in it at any point in time) - however the spelling of the first name looks slightly different (I assume the name is in Polish, or would it be in Latin too?). Can you look at the name in the other record and offer your opinion?

Thanks,

Dave
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:09 pm      Post subject: Re: Varniai Lithuania Parish Birth Record Translation

David2019 wrote:
Thanks for your assistance - very helpful.

Question for you. I know that the first/other record is in Latin, but I was thinking that the baby in the Latin record might be the father in the record that you translated (the Polipkalnie village was very small, and I think there was only one Giedwillo family in it at any point in time) - however the spelling of the first name looks slightly different (I assume the name is in Polish, or would it be in Latin too?). Can you look at the name in the other record and offer your opinion?

Thanks,

Dave

this is what i was able to read:

the name is written in latin (Alosius) and it means: Alojzy, son of noblemans: Felicjan Giedwiłło and Katarzyna nee Dy...(cant read), Polipkalnie, godparents: Adam Mikutowicz and Katarzyna Kącewicz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 417, 418, 419 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 418 of 580

Jump to: