PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:38 pm      Post subject:

Thank you, Michael, for the translation of the birth record. Yes, that first letter of the place threw me off because it looks like "F' not "P", but the rest of the word looks like ?entzken. I have other records that showJacob was living at Pentzken estate, so that is probably what it is.

I have a specific question about a record I am attaching. It is a death record for Christian Radziminski son of Michael Radziminski. It is entry #12 on the page. What are the two words at the end of the first line, right after "Michael Radziminsky"? It looks to my eyes like: "adal:Lub". I can't tell if that is an abbreviation for something or if it is the beginning of a word that continues on the second line. Can you make it out?

Again, many thanks,
and Merry Christmas to you and an abundance of blessings in the New Year!

Cynthia

1771 Xstian Radziminski death.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  1771 Xstian Radziminski death.pdf
 Filesize:  1.65 MB
 Downloaded:  265 Time(s)

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Replies: 547

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:46 am      Post subject:

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Thank you, Michael, for the translation of the birth record. Yes, that first letter of the place threw me off because it looks like "F' not "P", but the rest of the word looks like ?entzken. I have other records that showJacob was living at Pentzken estate, so that is probably what it is.

I have a specific question about a record I am attaching. It is a death record for Christian Radziminski son of Michael Radziminski. It is entry #12 on the page. What are the two words at the end of the first line, right after "Michael Radziminsky"? It looks to my eyes like: "adal:Lub". I can't tell if that is an abbreviation for something or if it is the beginning of a word that continues on the second line. Can you make it out?

Again, many thanks,
and Merry Christmas to you and an abundance of blessings in the New Year!

Cynthia

Hello Cynthia,

The first of the two words after Mich. Radziminski’s name I read as “adel:” short for “adeliger” or noble. From the context I would assume that the second word begins in the first line and is continued in the second line till the first insertion “cath: Rel:” before “Sohn”. But unfortunately I cannot tell what the second word means.

Best regards and a Happy New Year.
Michael
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:31 pm      Post subject:

Thank you, Michael. Two questions:

1. Does it look to your eyes like the word at the end of the first line (and possibly continuing on second line) after adal: is Lubicz or the abbreviation for the heraldry of Lubicz? The reason I ask is that I found the Radziminski family (including the family in Frankenau) in a Lexicon of Prussian Nobility dated 1855. This lexicon indicated their heraldry was h. Lubicz. I don't want to mistakenly read something into it that isn't really in the record....

2. Does "cath: Rel:" mean they were Catholic? That would surprise me because in all other records I have found they were evangelical.

Thank you again! And, Happy New Year to you as well.
All the best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:52 am      Post subject:

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Thank you, Michael. Two questions:

1. Does it look to your eyes like the word at the end of the first line (and possibly continuing on second line) after adal: is Lubicz or the abbreviation for the heraldry of Lubicz? The reason I ask is that I found the Radziminski family (including the family in Frankenau) in a Lexicon of Prussian Nobility dated 1855. This lexicon indicated their heraldry was h. Lubicz. I don't want to mistakenly read something into it that isn't really in the record....

2. Does "cath: Rel:" mean they were Catholic? That would surprise me because in all other records I have found they were evangelical.

Thank you again! And, Happy New Year to you as well.
All the best,
Cynthia

Hello Cynthia,

I had a second look at the document you provided and compared your entry with the other entries on that page. If you look at the last entry of the page you will find a quite similar structure and probably also a similar wording: “child’s name, father’s name, father’s status and religion”.

The status is provided as "adel: Einsaaße cath: Relig:". I would assume, that in your entry the same words are used, so Michel. Radziminski was also an "adel: Einsaaße cath: Rel:". Regarding the term “adeliger Einsasse” you will remember our discussion from summer 2017.

So to answer your questions: for my understanding there is no “Lubicz” mentioned in the entry and yes, this is an entry for a person of Catholic religion.

All the best
Michael
acelebucki1

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:45 pm      Post subject: Record Translation from Prussia In German

Hello.

In need of translation of the attached record. I've done well with Polish translations but don't have a clue about what this one says. This record is for my great-great grandfather.

Not sure why there is writing in the right margin but looking for translation of the official document.

Thank You,

Sarnowski.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Sarnowski.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:10 am      Post subject: Re: Record Translation from Prussia In German

acelebucki1 wrote:
Hello.

In need of translation of the attached record. I've done well with Polish translations but don't have a clue about what this one says. This record is for my great-great grandfather.

Not sure why there is writing in the right margin but looking for translation of the official document.

Thank You,

Hello Anna,

This record is a death certificate written in German:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 134.
Culmsee [Chełmża], on September 10, 1890.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the house owners wife [die Hausbesitzerfrau] Johanna Sarnowska, born Milewska, residing in Culmsee, Culmer Chaussee [literally: the causeway to Culm], and gave notice that the house owner [Hausbesitzer] Johann Sarnowski, her husband, 76 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Culmsee, born in Neudorf [Nowawieś Chełmińska], county of Culm, son of the deceased spouses cottager [Käthner] Sarnowski [Sarnowskischen Eheleute], details cannot be given, in Culmsee in her home on September 9 of the year thousand eight hundred and ninety at nine o’clock p.m. had died. The notice giver declared, that she knows about this death from own experience.
Read aloud, authorized and marked with the sign of the notice giver, because she cannot write.
+++.
The Registrar.
(Signature).

The comment on the right was added later. In a nutshell it says: no will, a property of 150 Mark, the marriage existed for more than 50 years, and gives the names of five children.

Best regards,
Michael
acelebucki1

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:18 am      Post subject: Re: Record Translation from Prussia In German

Kmichael8 wrote:
acelebucki1 wrote:
Hello.

Thank You,

Hello Anna,

This record is a death certificate written in German:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 134.
Culmsee [Chełmża], on September 10, 1890.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the house owners wife [die Hausbesitzerfrau] Johanna Sarnowska, born Milewska, residing in Culmsee, Culmer Chaussee [literally: the causeway to Culm], and gave notice that the house owner [Hausbesitzer] Johann Sarnowski, her husband, 76 years old, of Catholic religion, residing in Culmsee, born in Neudorf [Nowawieś Chełmińska], county of Culm, son of the deceased spouses cottager [Käthner] Sarnowski [Sarnowskischen Eheleute], details cannot be given, in Culmsee in her home on September 9 of the year thousand eight hundred and ninety at nine o’clock p.m. had died. The notice giver declared, that she knows about this death from own experience.
Read aloud, authorized and marked with the sign of the notice giver, because she cannot write.
+++.
The Registrar.
(Signature).

The comment on the right was added later. In a nutshell it says: no will, a property of 150 Mark, the marriage existed for more than 50 years, and gives the names of five children.

Best regards,
Michael

Send e-mail
acelebucki1

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:21 am      Post subject:

Thank You Michael!
Send e-mail
szynkiewicz

Replies: 34

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:31 am      Post subject: Marriage Record Translation

Hello! I have a marriage record written in German from the town of Piekary Śląskie in Silesia. May 26, 1877, marriage of Franz Mika and Rosalie Gora. If someone could translate that would be very appreciated! Thank you Smile

Franz's parents: Stanislaus Mika, Agnes Maletz
Rosalie's parents: Anton Gora, Agnes Skutnik

Franz Mika (reduced).png
 Description:
Franz Mika & Rosalie Gora Marriage 1877
 Filesize:  1.98 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Franz Mika (reduced).png

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:53 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record Translation

szynkiewicz wrote:
Hello! I have a marriage record written in German from the town of Piekary Śląskie in Silesia. May 26, 1877, marriage of Franz Mika and Rosalie Gora. If someone could translate that would be very appreciated! Thank you Smile

Franz's parents: Stanislaus Mika, Agnes Maletz
Rosalie's parents: Anton Gora, Agnes Skutnik

Hello,

Your record:

B [indicating it’s a marriage record] No. 21

Samuelsglückgrube [literally: the mine called Samuel's luck] on May 26, 1877

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. the miner [Bergmann] Franz Mika of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on October 28, 1850 in Warnow, Kreis Lublinitz, residing in Kolonie Brzezina Gemeinde Kamin, son of the lodger [Einlieger] Stanislaus Mika and his wife Agnes born Maletz residing in Kolonie Brzezina – Kamin

2. the widow Rosalie Scheliga of known identity, of Catholic religion, born on August 23, 1846 in Stolarzowitz [Stollarzowitz or Stolarzowice], Kreis Tarnowitz, residing in Kolonie Brzezina Gemeinde Kamin, daughter of the tenant [Stellenpächter] Anton Gora and his wife Agnes born Skutnia, residing in Alt Repten, Kreis Tarnowitz

The second page of the document was not provided.

Best regards,
Michael
szynkiewicz

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:04 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record Translation

Thank you so much! Helped a lot
szynkiewicz

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:05 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record Translation

I have the second page of the document, but wasnt sure if it had any relevance.
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:04 am      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record Translation

szynkiewicz wrote:
I have the second page of the document, but wasnt sure if it had any relevance.

The second page shows name, status, age and residence of the witnesses, the usual clause that groom and bride are married now and the signatures. No new information about groom or bride.
crispm28
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 133

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:11 pm      Post subject: Kolczak Marriage document

Hello, I would greatly appreciate a translation of this marriage document. Thank you for all you great work.
Christine

Kolczak Jozef_Anna Babinska DMAINO m...jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.62 MB
 Viewed:  1 Time(s)

Kolczak Jozef_Anna Babinska DMAINO m...jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:41 am      Post subject: Re: Kolczak Marriage document

crispm28 wrote:
Hello, I would greatly appreciate a translation of this marriage document. Thank you for all you great work.
Christine

Hello Christine,

Please find attached the translation of your document.

Best regards,
Michael

Marriage Record
Registry office Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt No. 215/1947.
The welder [it’s written “Schweizer” i.e. Swiss citizen but I assume what was meant is “Schweißer”] Josef Kolczak of Catholic religion, residing in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, born on April 4, 1911 in Jersew, Kreis Lodz [might be Jeżew in the county of Łódź] [registry office and no. are not provided] and Anna Babinska, without a profession, born Domiano, of Catholic religion, residing in Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, born on Dezember 11, 1914 in Bochorocz, Kreis Stanislawow / Poland [might be Bohorodczany in the county of Stanisławów] [registry office and no. are not provided] have married on June 7, 1947 before the registry office of Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt.
Remarks: [none]
Stuttgart-Bad Cannstatt, on June 7, 1947. The Registrar. As representative (signature).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 94, 95, 96  Next Page 17 of 96

Jump to: