PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:44 pm      Post subject: Biala Woda - Witkowska, Wasilewski

Still searching for information about my dad's grandmother, who told us her village was Biala Woda (white water) in northeastern Poland. Her name was Michalena Witkowska daughter of Antoni Witkowski and Rosalia Pietrowicz, baptized in Jeleniewo parish.

Married Franciszek Wasilewski, son of ? Wasilewski and Josefata Tombek. Immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1911, with daughter Janina.

Any help gratefully received.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:45 am      Post subject: Re: Biala Woda - Witkowska, Wasilewski

cjsulcoski wrote:
Still searching for information about my dad's grandmother, who told us her village was Biala Woda (white water) in northeastern Poland. Her name was Michalena Witkowska daughter of Antoni Witkowski and Rosalia Pietrowicz, baptized in Jeleniewo parish.

Married Franciszek Wasilewski, son of ? Wasilewski and Josefata Tombek. Immigrated to Pennsylvania in 1911, with daughter Janina.

Any help gratefully received.

Jeleniewo parish records are available online but you have to tell me when your grandmother was born approximately
some sources say Biała Woda belonged to Suwałki parish
i understand that we are talking about romancatholic religion?
So, you have to tell me when Janina was born and when the marriate was taken and when Michalina was born, approximately at least.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
cjsulcoski

Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 pm      Post subject:

Thank you so much.

My grandmother's birthday was 25 Sept 1885. Her birth record gives the place as Burdeniszki in Wigry parish but she always said her village was Biała Woda. In another record, her birthplace is listed as "Jelniewa Bosnia".

She married Francizek Wasilewski sometime before 1910. Their daughter Janina was born approx. August 1910 (based on their immigration records) My grandmother Czeslawa (we called her Jessie) was actually conceived in Poland but born in the US in Jan. 1912 (and she really did have a foot in each country metaphorically her whole life).

Immigration 1911: SS Cassel dep Breme July 12, 1911
Arrived Philadelphia July 25, 1911
Franciszek Wasilewsky, 27 yrs, farm laborer; blonde, 5’ 7” gray eyes
Michalena, 26 yrs, housewife, 5 feet tall, blonde, gray eyes
Janina, 11 months, blue eyes
Residence looks like Bilbinova, Suwalki
Relative in Poland – Josefata Washilewska nee Tombek

I have tried to find more in the LDS films but could not read the records which were in Cyrillic.
Thank you so much for your help.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:17 am      Post subject:

cjsulcoski wrote:
Thank you so much.

My grandmother's birthday was 25 Sept 1885. Her birth record gives the place as Burdeniszki in Wigry parish but she always said her village was Biała Woda. In another record, her birthplace is listed as "Jelniewa Bosnia".

She married Francizek Wasilewski sometime before 1910. Their daughter Janina was born approx. August 1910 (based on their immigration records) My grandmother Czeslawa (we called her Jessie) was actually conceived in Poland but born in the US in Jan. 1912 (and she really did have a foot in each country metaphorically her whole life).

Immigration 1911: SS Cassel dep Breme July 12, 1911
Arrived Philadelphia July 25, 1911
Franciszek Wasilewsky, 27 yrs, farm laborer; blonde, 5’ 7” gray eyes
Michalena, 26 yrs, housewife, 5 feet tall, blonde, gray eyes
Janina, 11 months, blue eyes
Residence looks like Bilbinova, Suwalki
Relative in Poland – Josefata Washilewska nee Tombek

I have tried to find more in the LDS films but could not read the records which were in Cyrillic.
Thank you so much for your help.

in Your first post You wrote Michalina was baptised in Jeleniewo parish, in next post You wrote her birth records says she was born in Wigry parish.....
You have to send all documents. I need to look at everything

i found You grandmother birth record in Wigry parish, 1881

Burdyniszki

It happened in Wigry on the 17th/29th day of September 1881 at 3 p.m.
Appeared Antoni Witkowski, farmer living in the village Burdyniszki, 42 years old in the presence of the witnesses Andrzej Stankiewicz, 55 years old and Franciszek Pietkiewicz, 57 years old, both farmers living in the village Burdyniszki and they presented us a female child informing that the child was born in the village Burdyniszki on the 13th/25th day of September of the current year with his legal wife Rozalia nee Pietrewicz, 42 years old.
At the holy Baptism held today by the priest Wincenty Kaunas the child was given the name Michalina and the godparents were: Marcin Wasilewski and Feliksa Biegańska.
This act was read aloud to the declarant and the witnesses, all illiterate and signed by us

priest I. Śnieczkus, Wigry parish administrator.

Biała Woda is not far from the Wigry so i think Your grandmother could live there before she left Poland.

Michalina.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  210.63 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Michalina.JPG

cjsulcoski

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:53 am      Post subject:

Thank you so much -- this is wonderful!
IskraTS11

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:16 pm      Post subject:

Damn, are you working as an archivist for the Catholic Church?
Because you're always finding historical documents with insane speed. I should go and ask my grandparents stuff about our family's history so that I won't have registered on here for nothing.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:25 pm      Post subject:

IskraTS11 wrote:
Damn, are you working as an archivist for the Catholic Church?
Because you're always finding historical documents with insane speed. I should go and ask my grandparents stuff about our family's history so that I won't have registered on here for nothing.

I just have a lot of experience.. What do you mean by saying: I won't have registered on here for nothing???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: