PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 15

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:03 am      Post subject: Pacek surname - DNA testing

In an effort to find out all I can about the history of the Pacek surname, I've recently done some fairly extensive DNA testing. The yDNA (paternal line) results were unexpected and surprising, showing a distant past link to a very small number of individuals mostly clustered in the Wales/Scotland/England region.

I'm working with other researchers now to dig into this puzzle, but at the moment a huge stumbling block is that I seem to be the only male Pacek with test results in any of the major on-line DNA databases. (I have detailed results available from Family Tree DNA and on ySearch). The biggest help now would be adding additional test information to the database, especially from individuals who are in the Pacek paternal line but not known to be genealogically close relatives of mine.

If you're a male with the Pacek surname (or know of one) and would like to find out more information and possibly add to the existing database, please post here or contact me directly.

Dave P
FTDNA kit 202816
ySearch HFXAN
zamagurie

Replies: 32

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:15 am      Post subject:

HI,
I am the Group Administrator for two project with Family Tree DNA: Zamagurie Region and Spis County Region. Do you know the ancestral village for your Pacek surnmae? Looking at my personal database of over 30,000 people from the region, I find the surname in early records of Frydman, Czarna Gora, and Szaflary.
Karen

Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
DaveP

Replies: 15

Post Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:28 am      Post subject:

I've been able to confirm Nowosielce (Sanok county) as the origin village for my grandfather Andrzej Pacek. I believe his father's first name was Frantisek, however I have no information as to whether he was born in the Nowosielce area or elsewhere.

My grandmother Elzbieta Wegrzyn was also born in Sanok county... Dlugie.

Dave Pacek
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: