PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:45 am      Post subject: Surname Klosinski & variations

Hello, I am looking for any information that can be provided on the surname Klosinski. I have seen the following variations in my research to date - Klosinski, Klosinska, Klosinske, Klosinsky, Klosniska and Kloss I have seen mention of the following area Potsk. I thank you in advance for any assistance you may provide.

In Gratitude
Tricia Lankiewicz
Send e-mail
Magroski49
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 1762

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:19 am      Post subject: Re: Surname Klosinski & variations

plankiewicz69 wrote:
Hello, I am looking for any information that can be provided on the surname Klosinski. I have seen the following variations in my research to date - Klosinski, Klosinska, Klosinske, Klosinsky, Klosniska and Kloss I have seen mention of the following area Potsk. I thank you in advance for any assistance you may provide.

In Gratitude
Tricia Lankiewicz

Tricia,
Kłosinski or
Kłosiński
Klosinska is the feminine form for Klosinski.
'y' is not allowed after 'k' according to Polish grammar rules.
Potsk should be Płock, which can refer to the town, to the county or to what was then a province.
http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&bdm=B&w=07mz&rid=80&search_lastname=klosinski&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&exac=1

Gilberto
Send e-mail
plankiewicz69

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:26 pm      Post subject: Surname Klosinski

Hello Gilberto,

Thank you so much. The Masculine/Feminine explanation helps me understand better. The Klosnisky version I found on His Marriage Certificate here in the US so whoever filled it out must have made the mistake because it was the only place I have found it. I am also in search of Duchnoska/Duchnowska/Duchnowski for my Great-Grandmother. Klosniski/Duchnoska are what I have for my Great-Grandparents on my Father's Mother's side and as far back as I can find at the moment. I keep running into walls as you can see below...lol! I found an Antoni Klosniski born 1873 which is close to the 1871 date I have for him at the link you provided although it was in a different Parish. there is no Mother or Father listed so another brick wall. How do you have no Mother or Father listed on a Birth??????? Family heritage research can be so interesting and so very frustrating at the same time. I thank you again for your help

Warmest Regards
Tricia

Antoni Klosinski 1873.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  267.13 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Antoni Klosinski 1873.jpg

Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:06 pm      Post subject: Re: Surname Klosinski

plankiewicz69 wrote:
Hello Gilberto,

Thank you so much. The Masculine/Feminine explanation helps me understand better. The Klosnisky version I found on His Marriage Certificate here in the US so whoever filled it out must have made the mistake because it was the only place I have found it. I am also in search of Duchnoska/Duchnowska/Duchnowski for my Great-Grandmother. Klosniski/Duchnoska are what I have for my Great-Grandparents on my Father's Mother's side and as far back as I can find at the moment. I keep running into walls as you can see below...lol! I found an Antoni Klosniski born 1873 which is close to the 1871 date I have for him at the link you provided although it was in a different Parish. there is no Mother or Father listed so another brick wall. How do you have no Mother or Father listed on a Birth??????? Family heritage research can be so interesting and so very frustrating at the same time. I thank you again for your help

Warmest Regards
Tricia

Tricia,

by clicking on the icon SKAN you will be led to the original record.
This Antoni was a son of Maryan and Balbina nee Borowska.
Do the parents' names match?

Gilberto
Send e-mail
plankiewicz69

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:55 pm      Post subject: SKAN

Gilberto,

I honestly have no information other than Antoni's name but my Grandmother's (his daughter) name was Albina/Alvina which could mean she was named after Balbina. Also I'm not quite sure where you see this information. I'm sorry for asking so many stupid questions but I am new at this. The image below is what I get when I click the SKAN icon. Your patience with a beginner is much appreciated. Very Happy

Thank you
Tricia

skan.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  245.64 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

skan.jpg

Send e-mail
Magroski49

Post Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:51 pm      Post subject: Re: SKAN

plankiewicz69 wrote:
Gilberto,

I honestly have no information other than Antoni's name but my Grandmother's (his daughter) name was Albina/Alvina which could mean she was named after Balbina. Also I'm not quite sure where you see this information. I'm sorry for asking so many stupid questions but I am new at this. The image below is what I get when I click the SKAN icon. Your patience with a beginner is much appreciated. Very Happy

Thank you
Tricia

Hi,
Click on Digital Copies > select 30 as Number of pages to display.
Considering 4 birth records per image (usual) your record nr. 74 must be in scanned image nr 20 or 21 (the first image is the cover of the book).

Gilberto
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: