PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:04 pm      Post subject: Skrzypek - Milas

I'm searching for an "old country" connection to my maternal grandmother's line. Her maiden name was Bronislawa Milas, born in Debica or thereabouts in 1879. Her father's name was Wojciech Milas and her mother's name was Jadwiga Skrzypek. Unfortunately, my grandmother passed away long ago and we have been unable to locate anything about her family in Poland. If you have any thoughts about them, we'd surely appreciate your sharing with us. Thank You David
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:34 pm      Post subject: Re: Skrzypek - Milas

oldebuffalo wrote:
I'm searching for an "old country" connection to my maternal grandmother's line. Her maiden name was Bronislawa Milas, born in Debica or thereabouts in 1879. Her father's name was Wojciech Milas and her mother's name was Jadwiga Skrzypek. Unfortunately, my grandmother passed away long ago and we have been unable to locate anything about her family in Poland. If you have any thoughts about them, we'd surely appreciate your sharing with us. Thank You David

Hi David,

Geneteka indexed the marriage record of Wojciech Milas & Jadwiga Skrzypek (cf. attachment).

The record is housed in the archive of the diocese of Tarnów. Some names are indexed on Family Search but no images are available online. To view the images it is necessary to go to a family history center or at a FamilySearch affiliate library. Here is a link to the Family Search catalog: https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/669859?availability=Family%20History%20Library
The village where they lived was Pustynia which was part of the parish of Dębica.

Wishing you success in your search,

Dave

Screenshot_2019-02-26 Geneteka baza Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.73 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot_2019-02-26 Geneteka baza Polskiego Towarzystwa Genealogicznego.png

oldebuffalo

Post Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:32 pm      Post subject: Milas Skrzypek

Thank you Dave. This is very helpful. Now I must go through all the similar surnames and find out which ones fit the timeline we've established thus far. And then, I suppose visit the Parish?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: