PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 pm      Post subject: Locating my father's birth certificate

Hi! I am trying to locate my father's birth certificate. His name was Bronislaw Berszoner, b 7/18/1920 in Rokcie/Lodz, Poland.

Can someone discuss with me what would be the best way of obtaining his birth certificate?

Thanks,
Krysia
Send e-mail
MarynaO

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Locating my father's birth certificate

Hello,

This place name is Rokicie ad it's now a part of a city Łódź. You may send an e-mail to Urząd Stanu Cywilnego (Registry Office) in Łódź and Pabianice (where this place belonged before).
As a descendant you need to have the documents which confirms your relationship with these persons you are looking for. They may check their archives and send you the form to fill to order a copy of the birth record.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Maria
Brassfield2

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:19 pm      Post subject: Email address

Thanks for responding Maria.

Do you have an email address for Urząd Stanu Cywilnego (Registry Office) in Łódź and Pabianice?

Thanks,
Krysia
Send e-mail
PabianAus
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 181

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:24 pm      Post subject: Re: Email address

Brassfield2 wrote:
Thanks for responding Maria.

Do you have an email address for Urząd Stanu Cywilnego (Registry Office) in Łódź and Pabianice?

I have recently corresponded successfully with both USCs. They took about 3 weeks to respond to a search for a death certificate. To improve my likelihood of success I ALWAYS write my formal request in Polish, try and specify the parish or location, the approximate year range and as many other details as I have about the individual e.g. parents’ names. I have also visited both USC’s on a few occasions when visiting Poland and they are busy places so don’t expect an immediate response.
Always request a full extract (Odpis zupełny) as well as a photocopy of the record. This should cost about 33 zł. I use Transferwise to make these small amount payments – it only cost me about $1 in charges rather than the $20-30 the standard banks would charge for an international transfer.
You don’t have to pay anything until the USC contacts you (via email) that they have found the record. Their email will provide their bank account details.
You can email your request via the following email details.

Kierownik USC
Al. Piłsudskiego 100
92-326 Łódź
[email protected]

Kierownik USC
ul. Świętego Jana 4
95-200 Pabianice
[email protected]
Details and charges can be found at: https://bip.um.pabianice.pl/sprawa-do-zalatwienia/250/wydawanie-odpisow-z-ksiag-stanu-cywilnego

Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research Resources, Tools & Tips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: