PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Grandparent's Birthplace
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 122

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:50 am      Post subject:

Mike and Dave,

There is a possible marriage record for Jozefa to Jozef Łukasik in 1897. https://regestry.lubgens.eu/viewpage.php?page_id=766 I can't read Russian, but thought I might see a semblance to Marianna Kołodziej but I could be wrong. (Dave does this look like a possibility?)

If the marriage is correct potential death record here. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VN5P-3GP Father matches but mother and age are off. Maybe witness error?
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:53 pm      Post subject:

looking for clues wrote:
Mike and Dave,

There is a possible marriage record for Jozefa to Jozef Łukasik in 1897. https://regestry.lubgens.eu/viewpage.php?page_id=766 I can't read Russian, but thought I might see a semblance to Marianna Kołodziej but I could be wrong. (Dave does this look like a possibility?)

If the marriage is correct potential death record here. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VN5P-3GP Father matches but mother and age are off. Maybe witness error?

Hi Diane & Mike,

I see the parents of Józefa as Wawrzyniec (Pietraszek) and Maryanna Kołodzej. Other data which matches—her age is 23, which is a good match, her place of birth matches the birth record (Sułów). My ability to read Cyrillic is self-taught and is rather limited. There is enough evidence to justify requesting a complete translation.

The death record is a probable match even though not all the details are consistent. But given that the info in a death record comes from an informant who may or may not have the correct details inconsistencies are not a deal breaker.

Thus far it appears that the research has progressed rather well.

Dave
looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:15 pm      Post subject:

Hi Dave,

So far, I can only pick minimal info from records in Cyrillic - like sometimes repeated names or locations. I thought that was possibly the right mother. And I know what you mean about death record info from informants being inconsistent.

The researcher in me tends to keep searching, once a new clue surfaces so I kept posting what I found in case the info could help Mike in his search. Thanks for your feedback!

Diane
dano

Replies: 47

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:57 pm      Post subject: Pietraszek /Sobotka Surnames

Dave/Diane/etc.

I finally received marriage records for both my grandparents from the Boston Diocese. I have both attached. Unfortunately I didn't get the most important information I had hoped, birth towns!

I'm particularly interested in the birth places of Mikalaj Danisiewicz and Stefania Buzun. What I have from their Naturalization Papers is Litwke Village and Grodno, Bialystock.

Thanks for looking at theses records.

mike

Saint Michael, Lynn_1914.jpeg
 Description:
Pietraszek/Sobutka Marriage Record
 Filesize:  1.24 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Saint Michael, Lynn_1914.jpeg

looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:36 pm      Post subject:

Did you say you were posting both marriage records? I don't see the Franciszek Pietraszek and Maryanna Sobotka marriage.
dano

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:42 pm      Post subject: Pietraszek /Sobotka Surnames

not having luck with the second one, wonder if it is too large?

Mike
looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:46 pm      Post subject:

I don't know if there is a size limit. What is it doing or not doing?
dano

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:48 pm      Post subject: Pietraszek /Sobotka Surnames

It shows up in the "Choose File but doesn't seem to attach?
dano

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:13 pm      Post subject: Pietraszek /Sobotka Surnames

attached as a PFD

Saint John the Baptist_Salem.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Saint John the Baptist_Salem.pdf
 Filesize:  2.06 MB
 Downloaded:  260 Time(s)

dano

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:14 pm      Post subject: Pietraszek /Sobotka Surnames

Dave I think it attached as a Pfd?

mike
looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:59 pm      Post subject:

I see the pdf. On this marriage record it does have the baptism locations.

Combined with Marcel's Apr 16, 2019 translation of Franciszek Pietraszek's birth, you have his birth location - Stara Wieś.

I may have missed it, but did you ever get Marianna Sobótka's birth translated? https://regestry.lubgens.eu/viewpage.php?page_id=766

Diane
dano

Post Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:15 pm      Post subject:

Diane,

No I don't think I have had Marianna's birth translated.I'll have to run it, the link didn't work.

Did you get a chance to look at the Danisiewicz marriage record>

mike
looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:55 pm      Post subject:

Sorry the link didn’t work. I see you found Marianna Sobótka’s birth record again and requested a Russian translation.

On the marriage record Danisiewicz-Buzun record, you’re right, it doesn’t provide as many clues to place of birth. The record is in Latin. Was your grandfather’s name Mikolaj? I have a Mikolaj in my tree and it sometimes was translated to Nicholas or to Michael. His parents names look like Clementis and Pelagia Woronco?? The brides name was misspelled as Buzon, I can’t make out her father’s name but her mother’s may be Anna Kloze? A Latin record translation may help.

What jumped out at me most was the names of the witnesses – Victor and Antonio Buzon. Do you know if they are your grandmother’s brothers? Is see an Antoni buried with your grandparents. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/184682833 I also found a WWI draft registration for Victor (Buzon) that leads to an interesting clue. It says he was born in Sokolka.

Looking on geneteca in the Podlaskie province (where Bialystok is) for the Buzun name http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=eng&bdm=B&w=10pl&rid=B&search_lastname=buzon&search_name=&search_lastname2=&search_name2=&from_date=&to_date=&rpp1=&ordertable=, (hope that link works) records are only indexed until the 1860’s. What I find interesting is that the name appears frequently in the parish of Korycin with births in the town of Czarnystok. The last name Kloza also appears in some of the Korycin records. There are also Buzon names appearing in Sokółka parish. Look at a map for Korycin and Sokółka and their distances from Bialystok.

Based on the naturalization record, were you able to find the immigration records for those grandparents? That could provide more clues.

Good luck.
Diane
dano

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:55 pm      Post subject: Pietraszek /Sobotka Surnames

Diane,

Thanks so much for all the help!

Yes, it was easy as long as I listed Sulow as the town.

His name is Mikolaj. I didn't know the Nicholas translation.I did have his father as Clemens Danisiewicz and mother as Apollonia Woroniecka. My dad's name was Clement! My grandmother, Stephanie Buzon, I had her father asa Wincenty Buzun and mother Anna Kloza. Mikolaj Naturalization Paper lists his birth as Litwke Village! I did hear he was raised in a Boys Home or orphanage with some scribbled hand writing as Grodno, Hroona, or Ka(o)mso(i)mol. Not sure what those words mean. He may have worked for the Russian Calvary, caring for the horses growing up.

Antoni was Stephani's brother, I know very little about him. Victor is new to me! Is Sokolka in Poland and the same province?.Was that a US Draft Card?

I was about to ask you for a search engine for Podlaskie Province but I think you attached it. I will look for the two towns, so I assume they are located fairly close, Korycin and Sokolka.

thanks again for all the help!!!

mike
looking for clues
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:45 pm      Post subject:

You are welcome:)

Victor Buzon WWI draft https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KZNS-6NN signature reads Buzun to me.

Geneteka Podlaskie search is here http://geneteka.genealodzy.pl/index.php?op=gt&lang=pol&w=10pl

From that search engine, look for Wincenty Buzun. Under marriages there is a possible match for your great grandparents 1864 marriage in Korycin parish - Wincenty Buzun and Anna Kloza. This marriage seems a little early for Stefania's birth, unless the bride was very young and she had your grandmother later in life.

Here is a long link to the towns on map https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sokolka,+16-100,+Poland/19-122+Korycin,+Poland/@53.4134528,22.736475,9z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x46e009837e37d38b:0xbafbe587213bf9cd!2m2!1d23.5030235!2d53.4061597!1m5!1m1!1s0x46e01705af56ba95:0x2aebbe789b809edf!2m2!1d23.0906495!2d53.4452138!3e2

Looks like the whole map link isn't hightlighted. Copy the whole thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Page 3 of 4

Jump to: