PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:45 am      Post subject: Re: German Marriage

Kurt1322 wrote:
Could someone please help me with translation please?

Thank you,
Kurt

Kurt,

The record 1914-Elsie Margareth Schmidt MC is a marriage certificate written in German:

B [indicating it’s a marriage record] No. 1611

Altona II Ottensen on April 18, 1914.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today for the purpose of marriage:

1. the carpenter [Maschinentischler, i.e. someone operating woodworking machines] Johann Hinrich Mähl, his identity acknowledged by his birth certificate, of Lutheran religion, born on December 30, 1882 in Ottensen now Altona, residing in Altona, Große Karlstraße 70, son of the basket maker [Korbmacher] Claus Johann Mähl and his wife Maria Johanna Wilhelmine, born Brandt, in Altona.

2. the laborer Elise Margarethe Schmidt, her identity acknowledged by her birth certificate, of Lutheran religion, born on February 26, 1893 in Altona, residing in Altona, Große Karlstraße 74, daughter of the cigar maker [Zigarrenarbeiter] Carl Friedrich Wilhelm Schmidt and his wife Antje Elisabeth Emilie, born Karstens, in Altona.

The second page of the document was not provided. According to the comments on the right Elise Margarethe died on August 28, 1923 in Blankenese, which is a part of Hamburg, and Johann Hinrich remarried on April 15, 1953 in Hamburg-Ottensen.

Best regards,
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:47 am      Post subject: Re: German Death

Kurt1322 wrote:

Thank you,
Kurt

Kurt,

The record 1923-Elsie Margareth Schmidt DC is the above mentioned death certificate of Elise Margarethe, written in German:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 151.
Blankenese, on August 29, 1923.
[The printed text is crossed out: Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of … identity, residing in …] The Hospital of the Elbgemeinden [literally: the municipalities near the river Elbe] in Blankenese gave notice that the wife Else Margarethe Mähl, born Schmidt, 30 years old, residing in Lurup [a part of Hamburg], born in Altona, who was married with the carpenter [Maschinentischler, see comment above] Johann Hinrich Mähl in Lurup in the hospital of Blankenese on August 28, 1923 at two ½ o’clock a.m. had died.
[The printed text is crossed out: Read aloud, authorized and …] 15 printed words crossed out above.
The Registrar.
As deputy
(Signature).

Best regards,
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:50 am      Post subject: Re: German Death Translation

Kurt1322 wrote:

Thank you,
Kurt

Kurt,

The record Carl Bernard DC is a death certificate written in German:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 66.
Hamburg, on February 9, 1939.

The dock worker [Hafenarbeiter] Karl Bernhard Schmidt, Lutheran, residing in Hamburg, Rentzelstaße 6 was found dead in his home on February 4, 1939 at 10 o’clock a.m.
The deceased was born on March 8, 1881 in Altona (Registry 2 Altona)
Father: Karl Friedrich Wilhelm Schmidt, deceased, last resident in Altona.
Mother: Antje Elisabeth Emilie Schmidt, born Karstens, deceased, last resident in Altona.
The deceased was married with Maria Anna Emma Elisabeth, born Zanger, residing in Hamburg.
Registered on written notice of the Hamburg police president.
The Registrar.
As deputy
(Signature).
Cause of death: hanging (suicide)
The marriage of the deceased took place on December 1, 1928 in Hamburg (Registry 2 Hamburg, no. 817)

Best regards,
Michael
Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:48 pm      Post subject: German Marriage part 2

Michael,

Thank you so much for all your help with previous translations. I attached the second part of the previous Marriage for Else Schmidt. If you would be so kind, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

Kurt

1914-Else Schmidt MC- part 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  779.46 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1914-Else Schmidt MC- part 2.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:35 am      Post subject: Re: German Marriage part 2

Kurt1322 wrote:
Michael,

Thank you so much for all your help with previous translations. I attached the second part of the previous Marriage for Else Schmidt. If you would be so kind, I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,

Kurt

Kurt,

Here is the second part of the previous Marriage for Else Schmidt:

Page 2

The following were present and appeared as witnesses:

3. the locksmith [Schlosser] Heinrich Brockmann, his identity acknowledged by his military identity card [Militärpaß], 30 years old, residing in Altona, Roonstraße 22

4. the laborer [Arbeiter] Julius Sielzen, his identity acknowledged by his military identity card [Militärpaß], 41 years old, residing in Altona, Taubenstraße 20.

In the presence of the witnesses the registrar put to each of the betrothed in turn the question: wether they were willing to enter into marriage with one another. The betrothed answered this question in the affirmative, whereupon the registrar pronounced that by virtue of the Civil Code they were henceforth legally joined in marriage.

Read aloud, authorized and signed
Johann Hinrich Mähl
Else Magarete Mähl born Schmidt
Heinrich Brockmann
Julius Sielzen

The Registrar.
As deputy
(Signature).

According to the comment on the left side in the year 1920 a daughter – Magdalena Maria – was born in Osdorf [part of Altona]; civil registry no. 29/1920. Magdalena Maria married on Juli 15, 1939 in Hamburg-Harburg; civil registry no. 468/1939.

Best regards,
Michael
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Sat May 04, 2019 7:17 am      Post subject: Translation of page from 1830 church records

Greetings all!
The attached page came at the end of 1830 listing of death records for Bobrowo. The page looks like it was inserted into the book and appears to be dated 1852?

My 3rd g.grandfather, Andreas Krumka, appears 4 times in the document and looks like he may have signed it.

Help with translating and understanding any significance is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!
Joe

Andreas Krumka note from 1852.jpg
 Description:
From 1830 records of deaths, Bobrowo, Kujawsko-Pomorskie
 Filesize:  1.14 MB

Andreas Krumka note from 1852.jpg

Sophia
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1023

Post Posted: Sun May 05, 2019 5:39 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of page from 1830 church records

JGwizdowski wrote:
Greetings all!
The attached page came at the end of 1830 listing of death records for Bobrowo. The page looks like it was inserted into the book and appears to be dated 1852?

My 3rd g.grandfather, Andreas Krumka, appears 4 times in the document and looks like he may have signed it.

Help with translating and understanding any significance is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!
Joe

Hi Joe,
You refer to the document on the left side. It is in German. I agree with you that it is dated 1852; specifically, the 29th of February. If you re-post it on the German translation thread, Kmichael8 may translate it for you.
Best of luck in your research,
Sophia
katarzyna_t
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 82

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 5:23 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of page from 1830 church records

Sophia wrote:
JGwizdowski wrote:
Greetings all!

Joe

Hi Joe,
You refer to the document on the left side. It is in German. I agree with you that it is dated 1852; specifically, the 29th of February. If you re-post it on the German translation thread, Kmichael8 may translate it for you.
Best of luck in your research,
Sophia

Hi Sophia,
thank you for your vigilance.

Joe,
I moved your post to right topic.

Best regards,
Katarzyna
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:45 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of page from 1830 church records

JGwizdowski wrote:
Greetings all!

Joe

Joe

Please find attached the German version of your document with the line break according to the original and the English translation.

Best regards,
Michael

Verhandelt den 29ten Februar 1852.
Am heutigen Tage erschienen vor dem Unterzeichne-
ten: Carolina / geb. Zylinska / verwittwete Kut-
kowska, [Land]Wirthin aus Pluskowenz; Franz Majewski und
Andreas Krumka, Einlieger aus Bobrowo.
Die Carolina Rutkowska gab zu Protokoll, daß
ihr Sohn Joseph Constantin aus ihrer Ehe mit dem
Schneider August Rutkowski den /19ten/ neun-
zehnten März /1830/ Achtzehnhundert und dreißig in
Wadzyn geboren ist; den Tag; an welchem er die
h[eilige] Taufe empfangen habe, wisse sie nicht anzu-
geben. Taufpathen waren Casimir Grebowski
und Anna Lemke aus Wadzyn.
Die Einlieger Franz Majewski und Andreas
Krumka erklären, daß sie die z[ugegene] Caroli-
na Rutkowska kennen und sie kannten, als
sie an Wadzyn ansäßig war.
Solches wurde vorgelesen, verdollmetscht,
da z[ugegene] Majewski und Krumka nur polnisch spre-
chen, und als richtig befunden.
[signature of:] Franz Maiewski [mark of Caroline Rutkowska:] +++ [signature of:] Andreas Krumka
Schreibzeuge Nawakowsky.
a. u. s. [not sure whether this acronym had a special meaning or is just “aus” for end of document]
J. Müller
Pfarrer

Negotiated on February 29, 1852.
Today appeared before the undersigned Carolina / born Zylinska / widowed Kutkowska, farmer from Pluskowenz; Franz Majewski and Andreas Krumka, landless land laborer from Bobrowo.
Carolina Rutkowska declared that her son Joseph Constantin from her marriage with the tailor August Rutkowski was born on March 19, 1839 in Wadzyn; the day, he was baptized she could not name. Godparents were Casimir Grebowski and Anna Lemke from Wadzyn.
The land laborers Franz Majewski und Andreas Krumka declare, that they know Carolina Rutkowska, here present, and knew her when she lived in Wadzyn.
Read aloud, translated, because Majewski and Krumka here present only speak Polish, and approved.
[signature of:] Franz Maiewski [mark of Caroline Rutkowska:] +++ [signature of:] Andreas Krumka
witness Nawakowsky.
a. u. s.
J. Müller, priest
JGwizdowski
PolishOrigins Patron

Replies: 215

Post Posted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:51 am      Post subject: Re: Translation of page from 1830 church records

Kmichael8 wrote:

Joe

Please find attached the German version of your document with the line break according to the original and the English translation.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael..thank you VERY much for the translation! An interesting vignette of family history. And thank you to Sophia for moving my post to the correct thread!

Joe

waipepe

Replies: 31

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:05 am      Post subject:

Hi,

could you please translate for me.
Marriage of Franz Lassota and Katarina Adamczyk 1823.

Thank you very much
Joanna

Lassota Adamczyk 1823.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  525.48 KB

Lassota Adamczyk 1823.jpg

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:55 am      Post subject:

waipepe wrote:
Hi,

could you please translate for me.
Marriage of Franz Lassota and Katarina Adamczyk 1823.

Thank you very much
Joanna

Joanna,

Please find your document:

1st col.:
den 28. July 1823
2nd col.:
Ist aus Tluczykont [Polish Tłuczykąt] getraut worden, Junggesel
Franz Lassota mit der Jungfer Katharina geb.[orene]
Adamczyk aus Pniowietz, T.Z. [Trauzeugen] Petrus Kwiotek Bauer
und Anton Blochel Gärtner beide aus Oppatowitz.
right col.:
Bräutig[am] 24 [Jahre]
Braut 18 [Jahre]

On July 28, 1823 was married the bachelor Franz Lassota from Tluczykont with the maid Katharina born Adamcyk from Pniowietz, witnesses were the farmer Petrus Kwiotek and the gardener Anton Bochel, both from Oppatowitz. The groom was 24 years old, the bride 18 years.

Best regards,
Michael

Groom's place of origin updated. Thank you Sophia for hinting into the right direction.

Last edited by Kmichael8 on Wed May 29, 2019 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Martin Feledziak

Replies: 29

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:19 am      Post subject: Siblings of my Grandfather Marcin FELEDZIAK

Hello
Recently I have seen records which show that two twins were born in 1904. They would have been siblings of my Grandfather Marcin FELEDZIAK born 1897.

I have never herd mention of these children before. Sadly two more records have been published which show that they did not survive their first year.

Szczpan FELEDZIAK died after 2 weeks
Jozef FELEDZIAK died after 4 months.

There is also scan 12 ( record 9 ) from February 1904 which does not follow the usual format and has something written in the margin.
Can someone help to explain what is recorded please.

Many Thanks martin FELEDZIAK

12 (1).jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1019.99 KB

12 (1).jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 5:53 am      Post subject: Re: Siblings of my Grandfather Marcin FELEDZIAK

Martin Feledziak wrote:
Hello
Recently I have seen records which show that two twins were born in 1904. They would have been siblings of my Grandfather Marcin FELEDZIAK born 1897.

I have never herd mention of these children before. Sadly two more records have been published which show that they did not survive their first year.

Szczpan FELEDZIAK died after 2 weeks
Jozef FELEDZIAK died after 4 months.

There is also scan 12 ( record 9 ) from February 1904 which does not follow the usual format and has something written in the margin.
Can someone help to explain what is recorded please.

Many Thanks martin FELEDZIAK

this document is written in german

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Martin Feledziak

Replies: 29

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:07 am      Post subject: Siblings of my Grandfather Marcin FELEDZIAK

Thank you Marcel.
I knew the printed text was German but I just assumed the handwritten information had been done in Polish.
Now I know different.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 21 of 95

Jump to: