PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 9

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:11 pm      Post subject: Jankowski

My grand father Stanley T was born 10/13/1853, his brother Joseph was born 2/22/1879. Their father John was born 12/6/1853. John married Rosalia Wozniak. She was born 1855. John's parents were Frank Jankowski and Anna Kirinaka.
Anna parents were Andreas Wozniak and Antonine Kasprzyk. John and Rosalia were married in Witkowo Gniezno County
Voivodeship Poland. I need information, dates, born, marriage, death and maybe John's and Rosalia sisters and brothers. ect. Any info will help. I was told that John's marriage certificate is in German.

Eddie Borowiak
Send e-mail
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:01 pm      Post subject:

Hi,

Here is the 1853 birth record for John Jankowski. It is The 3rd line from the bottom on the page.

Best,
Cynthia

EB1C91F8-365E-4D4E-B4C9-E1FCD70081C9.jpeg
 Description:
1853 Jan Jankowski birth
 Filesize:  1.94 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

EB1C91F8-365E-4D4E-B4C9-E1FCD70081C9.jpeg

Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2783

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:42 pm      Post subject: Re: Jankowski

Eddie Borowiak wrote:
My grand father Stanley T was born 10/13/1853, his brother Joseph was born 2/22/1879. Their father John was born 12/6/1853. John married Rosalia Wozniak. She was born 1855. John's parents were Frank Jankowski and Anna Kirinaka.
Anna parents were Andreas Wozniak and Antonine Kasprzyk. John and Rosalia were married in Witkowo Gniezno County
Voivodeship Poland. I need information, dates, born, marriage, death and maybe John's and Rosalia sisters and brothers. ect. Any info will help. I was told that John's marriage certificate is in German.

Eddie Borowiak

Hi Eddie,

Here is the link to the 1837 marriage record of Franciszek & Anna: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSXN-KSRC-R?i=233&cat=189264

It is the first entry at the top of the page (entry #19 for the year).

Wishing you success,

Dave
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:10 pm      Post subject: Re: Jankowski

Eddie Borowiak wrote:

Eddie Borowiak

Hi again,

Here is the link to the 1878 marriage record of Jan & Rozalia: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSMD-2948-1?i=35&cat=189048

It is the first entry (#6) at the top of the page .

Here is the link to the marriage of Andrzej & Antonina. https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSM6-S99G-W?i=393&cat=735867 There were not many marriages in the parish so several years are found per page. It is #3 for the year 1851.

Wishing you continued success,

Dave

Last edited by dnowicki on Thu May 09, 2019 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Eddie Borowiak

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:49 am      Post subject: Jankowski

It seems I am having a problem reading it. Can you please type it out for me please. I am getting old 76 now, hard to read some items
Send e-mail
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:07 pm      Post subject: Re: Jankowski

Eddie Borowiak wrote:
It seems I am having a problem reading it. Can you please type it out for me please. I am getting old 76 now, hard to read some items

Eddie,

Does your request for a typed transcription refer to the birth record or to one of the marriage records or to all four records? Does it mean that you would like a transcription of the Latin text or are you requesting a translation?

Dave
Eddie Borowiak

Post Posted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:18 pm      Post subject: Transcription

Yes Dave, If it is possible. And you have time.
Eddie
Send e-mail
[email protected]

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 5:12 am      Post subject: Swidunowicz family research

Jan Swidunowicz was born in 1888 in Dywin, Kobrin, Polesie (now Russia). He married Knesia Brysztel in Dywin. Can anyone help or guide me to find out any more about the Swidunowicz family. The parents, grandparents? Is there any online data I can check?
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:59 pm      Post subject: Re: Transcription

Eddie Borowiak wrote:
Yes Dave, If it is possible. And you have time.
Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Here are the transcriptions and translations of the records which you requested. I hope that they help you.

Wishing you success,

Dave

The first is the 1853 birth & Baptism of Jan Jankowski

Col. 1: Numerus = Number (for the year): 110
Col. 2: Annus mensis nativitatis = Year and month of birth: 1853, November
Col. 3: Dies nativitatis = Day of birth: November 26
Col. 4: et hora nativitatis = and the hour of birth: 6 mane = 6 in the morning
Col. 5: Pueri = Boys
Col. 5a: legitimi thori = of a legitimate (marital) bed: 59
Col. 5b: illegitimi thori = of an illegitimate (marital) bed: blank
Col. 6: Sexus feminini = Of the Feminine sex/gender
Col. 6a: legitimi thori = of a legitimate bed: blank
Col. 6b: illegitimi thori = of an illegitimate (marital) bed: blank
Col. 7: Nomen loci nativitatis = Name of the place of birth: Kołaszkowo
Col. 8: Dies baptismi baptisati infantis = Day of baptism of the baptized infant: December 6
Col. 9: Nomen baptisati infantis = Name of the baptized infant: Joannes = Jan
Col. 10: Nomen et cognomen sacerdotis baptisantis = The first and surname of the priest baptizing: Ditto = Paulus Kryger = Paweł Kryger
Col. 11: Nomen et cognomen = First and surname
Col. 11a: patris = of the father: Franciscus Jankowski = Franciszek Jankowski
Col. 11b: matris = of the mother: Anna Kicińska
Col. 12: Religio = Religion
Col. 12a: patris = of the father: ditto = Catholic
Col. 12b: matris = of the mother: ditto = Catholic
Col. 13: Conditio et professio patris = The condition of life and profession of the father: ditto = inquilinus = tenant
Col. 14: Nomen et cognomen patrimorum = The first and surname(s) of the sponsors: Valentinus Krzeszczyk = Walenty Krzeszczyk; Agnes Wapniewska = Agnieszka Wapniewska
Col. 15: Status et conditio patrinorum = The status and condition (of life) of the sponsors: famulus = a servant; uxor inquilini = the wife of a tenant
Col. 16: Annotatio utrum gemini sint, vel an quidpiam extraordinarii respectu natorum notatu dignum sit =Notation whether they may be twins, or whether anything extraordinary with respect to those born may be worthy of note: blank

Here is the marriage of Franciszek Jankowski & Anna Kicińska in the parish of Września.

Col. 1: Numerus = Number (for the year): 19
Col. 2: Annus et Dies Copulationis = Year and Day of the Marriage: die 22 Octobris 1837 = October 22, 1837
Col. 3: Nomen Scerdotis Copulantis = Name of the Priest Marrying (the Couple): Jos. Smietowski, praepositus = Józef Smietowski, the pastor
Col. 4: Nomen et Cognomen Copulatorum, locus habitationis, conditio et professio et utrum copulatio in ecclesia vel in aedibus privatis subsecuta = The first and surnames of those marrying, (their) place of residence, condition/status/occupation and profession and whether the marriage followed in a church or in private building (literally: halls): Franciscus Jankowski juvenis auriga ex oppido Wrzesnia et Anna Kicińska virgo (repeated twice), famula ex Opiesz?jno, in ecclesia copulati= Franciszek Jankowski, a single young man, a driver, from the town of Września and Anna Kicińska, a maiden (repeated) a servant from Opiesz?jno, married in the church.
Col. 5: Utrum in matrimonio jam vixere nec non utrum sub tutela parentum vel tutorum adhoc existant = Whether they (i.e. the contracting parties) have already lived in marriage (i.e. whether one or both had been married previously) or if not whether to this point they lived under the charge of their parents or guardians: blank
Col. 6: Aetas = Age
Col. 6a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: 29
Col. 6b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: 22
Col. 7: Religio = Religion
Col. 7a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Cath. = Catholic
Col. 7b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: Cath. = Catholic
Col. 8: Consensus Parentum vel Tutorum = The Consent of the Parents or the Guardians: Sponsa cum consensu parentum = the bride with the consent of her parents
Col. 9: Proclamatio Banorum = Announcement of the Banns: Domminica 21, 22, et 23 post Pentecostem = The 21st, 22nd, and 23rd Sundays after Pentecost
Col. 10: Dispensatio a proclamatione = Dispensation from announcement/announcements (of the banns): Blank
Col. 11: Testes = Witnesses: Thomas Wadzajński (?) textor; Ignatius Bykowski = Tomasz Wadzajński (?), a weaver; Ignacy Bykowski​
Col. 12: Adnotationes = Notations: blank

Here is the 1878 marriage of Jan Jankowski & Rozalia Woźniak from the parish of Witkowo.

Col. 1: Numerus = Number (for the year): 6
Col. 2: Dies et Mensis Copulationis = The Day and Month of the Marriage: 19 Maji = May 19, 1878
Col. 3: Nomen Sacerdotis Benedicentis Matrimonium = The Name of the Priest blessing the Marriage: idem = the same (Marcin Nozewinski, the curate of the place)
Col. 4: Nomen et Cognomen Copulatorum, demominato domicilii, status artis vel conditionis vitae, et utrum copulatio in ecclesia an in privato copulati sint = The First Name and Surname of those marrying, (their) place of residence, status of art or condition of life, and whether they were married in a church or in private: Joannes Jankowski, famulus cum Rosalia Woźniak, filia operarii, ambo de Małachowo Złych Miejsc. = Jan Jankowski, a servant, with Rozalia Woźniak, the daughter of day laborers, both from Małachowo Złych Miejsc.
Col. 5: Num copulati vel una pars eorum antea vinculo matrimonii obstricti aut obstricta fuit, num sub potestate patrentum (corrected from parentem) vel tutorum existunt. = Whether one of them already had benn bound by the state of matrimony or if not, whether they remained to this time under the tutelage of (their) parents or guardians: juvenis cum virgine = a single young man with a maiden
Col. 6: Aetas = Age
Col. 6a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: 24
Col. 6b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: 22
Col. 7: Religio = Religion
Col. 7a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Cathol. = Catholic
Col. 7b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: Cathol. = Catholic
Col. 8: Nomen et Cognomen Parentum = Given & Surname of the Parents
Col. 8a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Franciscus—Anna = Franciszek—Anna
Col. 8b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: Andreas—Antonina = Andrzej—Antonina
Col. 9: Num cum Consensu Parentum vel Tutorum vel Judicii Tutelaris Matrimonium Contractum Sit. = Whether the marriage was contracted with the Consent of the Parents or of the Guardians or of the Court of Guardianship: blank
Col. 10: Dies Promulgationum = dates of the Proclamation (of the Banns): Dom. I, II et III p. Pasch = The 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Sundays after Easter
Col. 11: Num cum Dispensatione Aliqua Matrimonium Contraxerunt et de Quo Dato = Whether they contracted marriage with any dispensation and from what it was granted. : blank
Col. 12: Nomen, Cognomen, ars et conditio vitae adstantium testium = The First Names and Surnames, profession and state of life of the present witnesses: Franciscus Jankowski, operarius; Andreas Woźniak, operarius = Franciszek Jankowski, a day laborer; Andrzej Woźniak, a day laborer
Col. 13: Adnotatio = Notation: blank

Here is the 1851 marriage of Andrzej Woźniak & Antonina Kasprzyk from the parish of Odrowąż.

Year: 1851

Col. 1 Ns = Number: 3
Col. 2: Annus et Mensis = Year and Month: Octobris = October
Col. 3: Dies = Day: 26
Col. 4: Nomen Sacerdotis = The Name of the Priest: Hilarius Koszutski = Hilary Koszutski
Col. 5: Nomen et Cognomen Copulatorum = Given & Surname of those being married: Andreas Woźniak de Niechanowo et Anna Kasprzyk de Odrowąż = Andrzej Woźniak from Niechanowo and Anna Kasprzyk from Odrowąż
Col 6: Religio = Religion
Col. 6a: Sponsi = of the Groom: Cath. = Catholic
Col. 6b: Sponsae = of the Bride: Cath. = Catholic
Col. 7: Aetas = Age
Col. 7a: Sponsi = of the Groom: 30
Col. 7b: Sponsae = of the Bride: 30
Col. 8: Locus habitationis = Place of residence: Odrowąż
Col. 9: Utrum in matrimonio jam vixere nec non? = Whether they already lived in marriage or not?: ambo liberi = both unmarried
Col. 10: Consensus Parentum vel Judicii = Parental or Judicial Consent: parentum = of the parents
Col. 11: Testes = Witnesses: Paulus Kasprzyk. Valentinus Kwiwiski(?) = Paweł Kasprzyk; Walenty Kwiwiski(?)
Col. 12: Proclamatio Bannorum = Proclamation of the Banns: 17, 18, 19 p. Pent. = The 17th, 18th, (&) 19th (Sundays) after Pentecost
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: