PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 87

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:42 am      Post subject: Notary notes

Hi,

I found out there many Notary notes and indexes from a town I am researching. Is there anything relevant in this notary notes? Are they related to just financial/real state transactions or maybe also to metrykis or any other relevant thing for metrykis?

Regards
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4190

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:54 am      Post subject: Re: Notary notes

who wrote:
Hi,

I found out there many Notary notes and indexes from a town I am researching. Is there anything relevant in this notary notes? Are they related to just financial/real state transactions or maybe also to metrykis or any other relevant thing for metrykis?

Regards

please show me the details

PAYPAL: [email protected]
who

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:05 am      Post subject:

I found out this:

There a indexes of names and records of several types. As there a lot of information, I would like to understand whether to genealogical point of view can be useful. Smile

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/62/135/0/-#tabJednostki
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:22 am      Post subject:

who wrote:
I found out this:

There a indexes of names and records of several types. As there a lot of information, I would like to understand whether to genealogical point of view can be useful. Smile

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/62/135/0/-#tabJednostki

in such documents there are various notary documents. Pre-marital contracts, purchase and sale contracts. All such documents contain a lot of detailed information. If you are interested in a particular matter then you must know the year or type of document you are looking for and the names of the people for whom these documents were created.

who

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:23 am      Post subject:

Thanks Marcel! It seems pretty relevant, I will review it!
who

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:21 am      Post subject:

I have seen alongside the indexes there are surnames and abbreviation, such as:

Kwit.
Zast.
KK.

As for example in the following indexes:

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/62/135/0/-/44#tabSkany

Thanks!
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:26 am      Post subject:

who wrote:
I have seen alongside the indexes there are surnames and abbreviation, such as:

Kwit.
Zast.
KK.

As for example in the following indexes:

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/62/135/0/-/44#tabSkany

Thanks!

if You want me to translate something or explain please send image

who

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:54 am      Post subject:

This is an example. Benedykt Sapkiewicz is an ancestor of mine. I know there is some kind of transaction or payment, but I am not really understanding what is exactly.

IMG_20190611_125043_391.jpg
 Description:
Page 2
 Filesize:  1.47 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

IMG_20190611_125043_391.jpg

IMG_20190611_125040_743.jpg
 Description:
Page 1
 Filesize:  1.55 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

IMG_20190611_125040_743.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:20 am      Post subject:

who wrote:
This is an example. Benedykt Sapkiewicz is an ancestor of mine. I know there is some kind of transaction or payment, but I am not really understanding what is exactly.

i will send the translation today

who

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 am      Post subject:

Thanks!
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:41 am      Post subject:

who wrote:
Thanks!

Nr

It happened in the city Liw in the Castle on the 28th day of November in the year of our Lord 1811.

In front of me, Piotr Żaboklicki, the acts writer, in my office located in the castle in the city Liw in Węgrów county appeared in person: sławetny (polish word to describe middle class craftsman) Benedykt Sapkiewicz, citizen of the city Liw, living in his own house number 140, of age, having the capacity to act in the law, personally known to me in the presence of nobleman Mateusz Rymkiewicz, Węgrów county burgrave living in the city Węgrów and sławetny Józef Skup living in the city Liw in the house number 87, personally well known to me witnesses, both without any law exclusions (having full capacity to act in law), being sound mind and body he overtly, voluntarily and deliberately testified that the loan, written down in the city acts, taken out on the 11th day of October 1805, by the following people:
orthodox jews: Herck Całkowicz: 800 polish zloty and Mendel Całkowicz: 800 polish zloty, former arendarz's in Liw(word to describe innkeeper or tenant) and their successors who live now in the city Kałuszyn is paid back today with percentage, therefore the above-mentioned entries are redeemed and destroyed and he diclaims all allegations and appeals under this voluntary statement.
This act was read clearly and understandably and recognized as complying with the will of the persons mentioned in the act and confirmed by them, acts writer and witnesses called.

Benedykt Sapkiewicz signature

Mateusz Rymkiewicz and Józef Skup signatures
Piotr Żaboklicki signature, acts writer for Węgrów county

Stamp paper issued for orthodox jew Mendel on the 3rd day of December 1821 for 8?? grosh.

who

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:54 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much! So interesting that Benedykt was a moneylender for such a long time, 1805-1811. As well, seems that the two Calkowicz lended the same amount of money. interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: