PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 4

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:53 am      Post subject: 1811 Polish Marriage Record Translation

This is an excerpt from a long (2-page) marriage record. It is the section concerning the bride, beginning "...Corka Jana Grym, i z Niegdy Anny Katarzyny dwoch Imion Rytkin Małżonkow we Wsi [Workowy?] pod Wilczynem spłodzona..." and this is where it becomes very unclear to me! I believe it has something to do with the mother's death, and then points out that the bride was living with her father in the colony of Günthersrhum at house number sixteen. I would REALLY like to find out the details. If anyone can decipher the original Polish and/or provide a translation, I'd be eternally grateful...

1811MarriageExtract.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  142.55 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1811MarriageExtract.JPG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4203

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:26 am      Post subject: Re: 1811 Polish Marriage Record Translation

Timoshka wrote:
This is an excerpt from a long (2-page) marriage record. It is the section concerning the bride, beginning "...Corka Jana Grym, i z Niegdy Anny Katarzyny dwoch Imion Rytkin Małżonkow we Wsi [Workowy?] pod Wilczynem spłodzona..." and this is where it becomes very unclear to me! I believe it has something to do with the mother's death, and then points out that the bride was living with her father in the colony of Günthersrhum at house number sixteen. I would REALLY like to find out the details. If anyone can decipher the original Polish and/or provide a translation, I'd be eternally grateful...

please send all parts of this marriage record and i will translate it

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Timoshka

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:41 am      Post subject: 1811 Polish Marriage Record Translation

The rest of it was clear to me, so I was able to translate it myself. It reads: "In the year one thousand eight hundred and eleven, on the twelfth day of October, at ten o'clock in the morning, appeared before us, Jan Golanowski, Canon of the Lateran Cathedral in Łuck, pastor of Skołatowo, deacon of Wyszogród, and civil registrar for the districts of Skołatowo and Kucice in the county of Wyszogród: the honest Jan Andrzej (having two names) Szultz, a bachelor, aged thirty-six years as of the twenty-seventh of March of the current year according to the presented extract from the registers of the Protestant church signed by Rev. Ludwik Stomann, son born to Frederyk Erdman (having two names) Szultz and Elżbieta Riskendorff, a married couple, in Dreileben by Magdeburg, living as an adult of full age in the colony of Günthersrhum at house number ten with his parents, accompanied by the said parents, who give their permission to the marriage. Also appearing was: the honest Miss Anna Marya Grym (having two names), aged nineteen years as of the twenty-fourth of July of the current year, according to the declaration of her own father, proven by family records, in lieu of an official certificate of birth, a daughter born to Jan Grym and the late Anna Katarzyna (having two names) Rytka, a married couple, in the village of W_____ by Wilczyn..." And this is where the difficulties begin. So, I really only need the portion concerning the bride (image above). Thanks in advance for anything you can do to help! I will definitely show my appreciation via your PayPal account. Smile
Timoshka

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:04 pm      Post subject: 1811 Polish Marriage Record Translation

I don't know if it will help or not, but my attempt to decipher this section is as follows:
wdowod Zejsc__ ____ Matki odwołu-
jąc__ się do Aktu Sepultury złozonego przy po
wtornym O_____ własnego Ojca roku
z___łego przy Akcie Czwartym Nro 6to. w assy-
stencyi ____ego Ojca Akt od Corki _________
___ odb__iącaja, i na ______ zezwolaiącego
______ Ojcem w Koloniy Günthersrhum pod
Numerem Szesnastym mieszkaiąca.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4203

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:47 pm      Post subject: Re: 1811 Polish Marriage Record Translation

Timoshka wrote:
I don't know if it will help or not, but my attempt to decipher this section is as follows:
wdowod Zejsc__ ____ Matki odwołu-
jąc__ się do Aktu Sepultury złozonego przy po
wtornym O_____ własnego Ojca roku
z___łego przy Akcie Czwartym Nro 6to. w assy-
stencyi ____ego Ojca Akt od Corki _________
___ odb__iącaja, i na ______ zezwolaiącego
______ Ojcem w Koloniy Günthersrhum pod
Numerem Szesnastym mieszkaiąca.

I cant find any village in nowadays and old maps called: Wirkowy (or Workowy). There is no such village close to Wilczyn too.

córka Jana Grym i z niegdy Anny Katarzyny dwóch imion Rytkin małżonków, we wsi Wirkowy pod Wilczynem spłodzona, w dowód zejścia swej matki odwołująca się do aktu sepultury złożonego przy powtórnym ożenieniu własnego ojca roku zeszłego przy akcie czwartym Nr 6to. w asystencji rzeczonego ojca akt od córki uszanowania odbierającego i na zawarcie zezwalającego, z tymże ojcem w kolonii Günthersrhum pod numerem szesnastym mieszkająca, wraz...

daughter of Jan Grym and late Anna Katarzyna Rytkin, spouses, born in the village Wirkowy??? by Wilczyn, proving her mother's death with death act nr 6 attached to her father's second marriage nr 4 that took place last year, in the presence of her father who received the Act of Respect from his daughter and allowed for this marriage. She lives with mentioned father in colony Günthersrhum at number 16 with....

the priest could mis-enter the name of the village.

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Timoshka

Post Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:53 pm      Post subject: 1811 Polish Marriage Record Translation

Dziękuję! I sent a payment via PayPal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: