PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
German records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 93, 94, 95  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:25 am      Post subject: Re: Siblings of my Grandfather Marcin FELEDZIAK

Martin Feledziak wrote:
Thank you Marcel.
I knew the printed text was German but I just assumed the handwritten information had been done in Polish.
Now I know different.

everything is written in german

PAYPAL: [email protected]
Kmichael8

Replies: 543

Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:50 am      Post subject: Re: Siblings of my Grandfather Marcin FELEDZIAK

Martin Feledziak wrote:
Hello
Recently I have seen records which show that two twins were born in 1904. They would have been siblings of my Grandfather Marcin FELEDZIAK born 1897.

I have never herd mention of these children before. Sadly two more records have been published which show that they did not survive their first year.

Szczpan FELEDZIAK died after 2 weeks
Jozef FELEDZIAK died after 4 months.

There is also scan 12 ( record 9 ) from February 1904 which does not follow the usual format and has something written in the margin.
Can someone help to explain what is recorded please.

Many Thanks martin FELEDZIAK

Martin,

This document is the death record of a stillborn child. It is a "normal" form of a death record with the standard wording, but written more or less completely by hand. Stillbirths were often recorded that way. Here is the text of the document:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 9.

Pogorzela, on February 1, 1904.

Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the laborer Johann Feledziak, residing in Wzionchow Gut [Polish Wziąchów], of Catholic religion and gave notice that his wife Franziska Feledziak, born Klepacka, of Catholic religion, residing with him, in Wzionchow Gut in his [continued on the left margin] residence, on January 30, of the year thousand nine hundred and four, in the afternoon at four o’clock a.m. gave birth to a dead boy.

20 printed lines crossed out, 5 lines written by hand above.

Read aloud, authorized and signed respectively marked with the sign of the notice giver, because he cannot write.
+++
The Registrar.
(Signature).

Best regards,
Michael
Martin Feledziak

Replies: 29

Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:29 am      Post subject: Siblings of my Grandfather Marcin FELEDZIAK

Thank you very much Michael that is most excellent.

I thought that the handwriting was in Polish- but now I know it to be German.
I had posted it in the wrong forum.

So the topic has been moved to the German Forum.

This is very good information for me to know.

It is the first time I have information about Wzionchow Gut.

I have been looking at an 1888 map and this could be the place where my great Grandparents Johann and Franciska were living in 1904.

Many Thanks
Martin FELEDZIAK

gut.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  122.68 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

gut.JPG

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:14 pm      Post subject: Re: Siblings of my Grandfather Marcin FELEDZIAK

Martin Feledziak wrote:
Thank you very much Michael that is most excellent.

I thought that the handwriting was in Polish- but now I know it to be German.
I had posted it in the wrong forum.

So the topic has been moved to the German Forum.

This is very good information for me to know.

It is the first time I have information about Wzionchow Gut.

I have been looking at an 1888 map and this could be the place where my great Grandparents Johann and Franciska were living in 1904.

Many Thanks
Martin FELEDZIAK

Martin,

You're welcome.

It might be of interest for you that according to the Prussian census of 1905 Wzionchow Gut had 14 inhabited houses (“Bewohnte Wohnhäuser”) and 1 cottage (“Andere bewohnte Baulichkeiten, Hütten …”), 80 ordinary households of 2 or more persons (“Gewöhnliche Haushaltungen von 2 und mehr Personen") and 1 single with his own household (“Einzellebende mit eigener Hauswirtschaft”). The population was 488, out of which 216 were male and 467 of Catholic religion. The civil registry office was in Porgozela, the Protestant church as well, the Catholic church was in Mokronos.

See: Gemeindelexikon für das Königreich Preussen. Auf Grund der Materialien der Volkszählung vom 1. Dezember 1905 … Heft 5. Provinz Posen. Wzionchow Gut can be found on pp. 76 – 77. The document is available online:

http://www.wbc.poznan.pl/dlibra/docmetadata?id=2094&from=&dirids=1&ver_id=&lp=1&QI=47668B17DFCDDF94B9285D29E0172A2D-13

Best regards,
Michael
Martin Feledziak

Replies: 29

Post Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:29 am      Post subject: Siblings of my Grandfather Marcin FELEDZIAK

Excellent link Michael.
and your provision of the headings is just what is needed for me to understand.
What a great publication.

Wrotkow, just above Wzionchow was the birthplace of my Grandfather.
and above that is Szelejewo where I have seen Feledziak birth records dating back to the mid 1700's.

wrotkow 2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  155.22 KB

wrotkow 2.JPG

wrotkow 1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  179.21 KB

wrotkow 1.JPG

mous1123

Replies: 27

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 2:07 pm      Post subject: Translation.

Hi all. I have a record which I have been trying to figure out. It is in german but came from Poland. It has to do with my great grandfather Winkel.
Please help if you can.

20190530_174552.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.87 MB

20190530_174552.jpg

Send e-mail
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2019 3:27 am      Post subject: Re: Translation.

mous1123 wrote:
Hi all. I have a record which I have been trying to figure out. It is in german but came from Poland. It has to do with my great grandfather Winkel.
Please help if you can.

Hello,

This document is the death record of Lorenz Winkel from the registry office in Mogilno. Between 1818 and 1919 Mogilno was the name of a city and a county (“Kreis”) in the Prussian province of Posen. Here is the text of the document:

C. [indicating it’s a death record] No. 107.
Mogilno, on November 28, 1910.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, of known identity, the laborer Michael Nowak, residing in Padniewko and gave notice that the laborer Lorenz Winkel, 64 years old, of Catholic religion, residing with him in Padniewko, born in unknown, married with Anna, born Jakubowski, parents of the deceased are unknown, deceased in Padniewko in the residence of the notice giver on November 27, 1810 at 7 ¾ o’clock in the afternoon. The notice giver declared that he is informed of the above mentioned incidence from own science.
Read aloud, authorized and signed.
Michael Nowak.

Best regards,
Michael
a.burkhardt

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:03 pm      Post subject: Translation

Edit.

Last edited by a.burkhardt on Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:11 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

a.burkhardt wrote:
Hello, I am new in this forum. The truth is that I was born in Chile but my ancestors are Germans, recently I managed to nationalize thanks to the fact that I had to obtain a birth certificate from my great-grandfather from Leipzig, Germany thanks to the data I found on the internet. However, now I am interested in knowing if I can know more about him and my great grandparents.

If someone can help me with a complete translation of the certificate, I would be very grateful, since they do not read German and less the old German (my English is not very good either, since the Google translator helps me to write this message).

In advance, thank you very much for your good disposition

regards

PD: The MEGA link has the certificate in higher resolution if necessary

https://mega.nz/#!iFkQGQaa!a34DaI-MclsbpWhplfCj5u-g8dG_MHfKKSyR_vUA3j4

Hello,
This document is the birth record of Paul Alfred Burkhardt from the registry office in Leipzig. Here is the text of the document:

A. [indicating it’s a birth record] No. 427.
Leipzig, on January 28, 1886.
Before the undersigned registrar appeared today, the identity accepted on the basis of the submitted family book, the manual laborer [Handarbeiter] Friedrich Wilhelm Burkhardt, residing in Leipzig, Carolinenstraße No. 21, of Lutheran religion, and gave notice that from Eleonore Auguste married Burkhardt, born Steinborn, his wife, of Lutheran religion, residing with him in his residence in Leipzig, on January 24, 1886, at 2 ¼ o’clock in the afternoon a male child was born and that the child received the first names Paul Alfred.
Read aloud, authorized and signed.
Friedrich Wilhelm Burkhardt.
The Registrar.
(Signature).

Best regards,
Michael
a.burkhardt

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:28 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

Thanks a lot for your translation!!!

You do not know how much this means for me and my family ... We are really very grateful

I would just like to ask you if with this information there is any way to get information from Friedrich Wilhelm Burkhardt and Eleonore Auguste Steinborn, such as your marriage or birth certificate

Best regards

Alfredo
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:27 am      Post subject: Re: Translation

a.burkhardt wrote:
Thanks a lot for your translation!!!

You do not know how much this means for me and my family ... We are really very grateful

I would just like to ask you if with this information there is any way to get information from Friedrich Wilhelm Burkhardt and Eleonore Auguste Steinborn, such as your marriage or birth certificate

Best regards

Alfredo

Alfredo,

You’re welcome.

To get more information, I would try to get the marriage certificate as a first step. If Friedrich Wilhelm Burkhardt and Eleonore Auguste Steinborn married in 1876 or later and in Leipzig their marriage certificate should be available in the “Stadtarchiv Leipzig”. Please find the contact details here:

https://www.leipzig.de/wirtschaft-und-wissenschaft/bibliotheken-und-archive/stadtarchiv/recherchehinweise/personenstandsauskuenfte/

The marriage certificate will inform you about date and place of the groom’s and the bride’s birth as well as of the names of their respective parents. So you will know where to look next.

Best regards,
Michael
davor1985

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:32 am      Post subject: Reading archives in German

Hi all,

my ancetors are from Bohemia, not Poland, but I hope that someone can still help me. I have trouble reading old records written in German (please see the image).

What I can read is (at least I believe so):

Kust Mathias ... Sohn
... ... ... ... Kust
Martin aus GrossLuschentz

If someone has more experience in reading this, please help. Thanks in advance

Untitled.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  845.82 KB

Untitled.png

Kurt1322

Replies: 66

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:02 am      Post subject: Picture Translation

Could someone please be so kind as to help with the translations of these pictures?

Thank you,
Kurt

IMG_5736.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.39 MB

IMG_5736.JPG

IMG_5820.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.5 MB

IMG_5820.JPG

IMG_5800.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.39 MB

IMG_5800.JPG

IMG_5804.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.44 MB

IMG_5804.JPG

Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:09 am      Post subject: Re: Reading archives in German

davor1985 wrote:
Hi all,

my ancetors are from Bohemia, not Poland, but I hope that someone can still help me. I have trouble reading old records written in German (please see the image).

What I can read is (at least I believe so):

Kust Mathias ... Sohn
... ... ... ... Kust
Martin aus GrossLuschentz

If someone has more experience in reading this, please help. Thanks in advance

Hello,

The first letter of the family name I read as "G". The word before "Sohn" is "ehl." i.e. "ehelich", so the son is legitimate. The word in the middle of the second line is "verstorben", so the father is deceased. I am not sure about the word before "verstorben" but would assume it gives additional information about the father's death.

Best regards,
Michael
Kmichael8

Post Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:30 am      Post subject: Re: Picture Translation

Kurt1322 wrote:
Could someone please be so kind as to help with the translations of these pictures?

Thank you,
Kurt

Kurt,

(1) wie sie lebt - the way she lives

(2) Elsie Tochter - Elsie's daughter

(3) unsere liebe Mutter ihr Grab ohne Stein. wen der Stein auf ist lass ich es knipsen (continued on the left side) dann sende ich Dir es - our dear mother's grave without stone. when the stone is erected I'll have a photo taken and send it to you.

(4) unser lieber Vater sein Grab mit Stein - our dear father's grave with stone

Best regards,
Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 93, 94, 95  Next Page 22 of 95

Jump to: