PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:38 pm      Post subject: 1821 Polish birth record translation help

Regarding Akt 121 at https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/743/0/1.1/10/skan/full/-wWZeCQNyvqm49RylXPqjg, I would like some assistance in translating the entire record, especially the reference to "spłodzone z niego z Franciszka Pakuły i Zofii z Kozlowskich małzonkow". Too many Zs! Obviously my Polish skills are very rudimentary. I do have the basics like the dates, place and father's name but the rest is quite jumbled for me. I am most interested in the references to the Pakułas and their mill. Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Richard
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1505

Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:54 pm      Post subject: Re: 1821 Polish birth record translation help

trinkelson wrote:
Regarding Akt 121 at https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/54/743/0/1.1/10/skan/full/-wWZeCQNyvqm49RylXPqjg, I would like some assistance in translating the entire record, especially the reference to "spłodzone z niego z Franciszka Pakuły i Zofii z Kozlowskich małzonkow". Too many Zs! Obviously my Polish skills are very rudimentary. I do have the basics like the dates, place and father's name but the rest is quite jumbled for me. I am most interested in the references to the Pakułas and their mill. Any assistance would be gratefully accepted.

Richard

i tried my best

It happened on the 31st day of October 1821 at 5 a.m. In front of Us, exactor of Consumption Office ( The office for collecting the levy on vodka and other food items for the benefit of the treasury or municipal bank), serving as Civil Registrar for Dobra commune in Warta county, Kalisz voivodeship, appeared: Tadeusz Święcicki, gardener, 34 years old, living in ...(cant decipher) asked by mother Zofia Kozłowska, wife of Franciszek Pakuła mliller belonged to the Kawęczyn commune who is child's father and presented Us a female child born in the house number 16 in the mill called Pakuła, belonging to the Kawęczyn commune on 31st day of the current month and year and we inform that the decarant humbly and clearly gives the child the name Katarzyna, the child was born with spouses: Franciszek Pakuła and Zofia nee Kozłowska.
This birth certificate was read in the presence of the witnesses: Andrzej Kamiński, citizen of the city Dobra, 44 years old and Aleksy Chyżyński, shoemaker, 60 years ols living in Dobra and signed by Us and Tadeusz Święcicki. The declarant and witnesses are illiterate.

exactor's signature

trinkelson

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:59 pm      Post subject: Thank you

Excellent and very timely assistance! Using my own poor skills, I could not figure out what Tadeusz had to do with the birth. I am used to the declarant normally being the father, except in cases where the midwife reports the birth for an illegitimate child. As it turns out, sadly, Katarzyna died six days later. It's likely this birth was not a typical healthy event and maybe the parents wanted to record the birth as soon as possible, hence the 5a.m. recording. Understandable that the father, Franciszek, did not stawił sie. Thanks again. Paypal donation on the way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: