PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:49 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation of Part of Baptism Certificate

. .

PAYPAL: [email protected]

Last edited by marcelproust on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:47 pm      Post subject: Re: Translation of Part of Baptism Certificate

marcelproust wrote:
dctoaz2002 wrote:
The Diocese of Tarnow sent me a baptismal certificate (portion attached). Under "Rajmund" there is text and a date that looks like 30.6.1936 (or 30.6.1926). I was hoping that someone could translate the word before the date and the text under it. Also, in the column to the right, there is some text that reads "Obst. _ Gabrys'." I wanted to see if anyone could translate that text as well.
Thank you!

this document is written in latin.
the date is: 20th day of June 1926
the word before the daye could be: bap. from latin: baptisati: baptised
obst., latin abreviation of the word obstetrix: accoucheuse
leg. - abreviation of the latin word: legitimi: legitimate

Hi,

The abbreviation before the date is clearly “cop.” which stands for “copulavit” or “copulatus est”. It really makes no difference whether it is interpreted as the Third Person Singular Perfect Indicative Active or the Third Person Singular Perfect Indicative Passive. Both express the same idea. The translation would be either “Rajmund/Raymond joined in marriage” or “was joined in marriage”. The sentence is completed by the words under the date: “cum Gabryś Hedvigi” which translates as “with Jadwiga/Hedwig Gabryś”. Beginning in the third quarter of the 19th Century Catholic Church practice required the pastor of the place where an individual was baptized to enter marriage notations into the baptismal register. The purpose was to adapt to the changing social and migratory reality. Previously the banns were supposed to bring to light a previous marriage. The banns were no longer effective in that way and so marriages were to be noted in the baptismal register.

The entire notation reads: "On June 20, 1926 he was joined in marriage with Jadwiga Gabryś." The marriage most likely took place in the same parish where he was baptized.

Unless French is your language of choice, the abbreviation for obstetrix means “the midwife” in English. The words after the abbreviation give her name: Maryanna (19th Century Spelling)/Marianna (current spelling) Gabryś.

I hope this clarifies the record for you.

Dave
misfitacres

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:12 pm      Post subject:

Translation assistance please...I believe that this is the marriage record of Felix Makarewicz and Katarzyna Piank(?) groom is the son of Maciej Makarewicz and Katarzyna Ragoska ( I think her name is incorrect on record) Bride is daughter of Walenty Piank(?) ( don't know mother's name). Marriage was7 Feb1864.

The record is in 2 parts. I can't make out the notes in the margin.

1864 Feb 7 M Nowogrod-Laski and Wyk Makarewicz Felix i Katarzyna Piank daughter Walenty Piank... b (1).png
 Description:
 Filesize:  669.94 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1864 Feb 7 M Nowogrod-Laski and Wyk Makarewicz Felix i  Katarzyna Piank daughter Walenty Piank... b (1).png

1864 Feb 7 M Nowogrod-Laski and Wyk Makarewicz Felix son Maciej i Katarzyna Dziekowska a (1).png
 Description:
I may have the attachments in the wrong order.
 Filesize:  686.96 KB

1864 Feb 7 M Nowogrod-Laski and Wyk Makarewicz Felix son Maciej i Katarzyna Dziekowska a (1).png

Stanislaw

Replies: 23

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:01 pm      Post subject:

misfitacres wrote:
Translation assistance please...I believe that this is the marriage record of Felix Makarewicz and Katarzyna Piank(?) groom is the son of Maciej Makarewicz and Katarzyna Ragoska ( I think her name is incorrect on record) Bride is daughter of Walenty Piank(?) ( don't know mother's name). Marriage was7 Feb1864.

Date of marriage: Feb 7th, 1864
Place of marriage: Nowogród
Groom: Felix Makarewicz, bachelor, 28 years, son of Maciej and Katarzyna nee Dziekońska (Katarzyna z Dziekońskich) peasants, born and inhabited in Laski.
Bride: Katarzyna Pianka (Piankówna), maiden, 18 years, daughter of Walenty Pianka and the late Maryanna nee Mrozek (Maryanna z Mrozków) peasants from Wyk.
Witnesses: Ferdynand Olbryś, 37 years, and Mateusz Mrozek, 45 years, peasants from Wyk.

Note on the margin: Felix Makarewicz declared that he takes as his own Maryanna daughter of Katarzyna Piankówna, born Mar 30th, 1860 in Wyk.

Stanisław

Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:20 pm      Post subject:

misfitacres wrote:

Nr 50
Laski and Wyk

It happened in the city Nowogród on the 7th day of February 1864 at 3 p.m.
We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses Ferdynand Olbryś, 37 years old and Mateusz Mrozek, 45 years old, peasants from Wyk there was concluded on this day religious marriage between:

Feliks Makarewicz, a single man, 28 years old, son of Maciej and Katarzyna nee Dziekońska, spouses Makarewicz, peasants, born and living in Laski

and

Katarzyna Pianka, a miss, 18 years old, daughter of Walenty and late Marianna nee Mrozek, spouses Pianka, peasants from Wyk.

Marriage ceremony performed by the priest Józef Kulesza, Nowogród vicar.

This maariage was proceded by 3 banns of marriage announced in Nowogród parish church on: 24th and 31st day of January and 7th day of Febryuary of the current year.
Bride's father, present durign writing this marriage act, gave oral permission for this marriage.
There were no obstacles to this marriage.
Newlyweds informed they didnt conclude premarital agreement.
This act was read to the newlyweds and witnesses, all illiterate and signed by Us.

priest Romuald Skrodzki, Nowogród parish parson.

left marigin note: newly married Feliks Makarewicz declared that he considers the child of his newly married wife Katarzyna Pianka, named Marianna as his own. The child was born on the 30th day of March 1860 in Wyk.

priest's Skrodzki signature.

Stanislaw

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:04 pm      Post subject:

misfitacres wrote:

I am adding the original text with links to the mentioned places.

N50.
Laski i Wyk
Działo się w Mieście Nowogrodzie, dnia siodmego Lutego Tysiąc ośmset szescdziesiątego czwartego roku, o godzinie trzeciej po południu. Wiadomo czynimy że w przytomnośći swiadków Ferdynanda Olbryśia lat trzydzieśći siedm, i Mateusza Mrozek lat czterdzieśći pięć liczących włoscian z Wyku, na dniu dzisiejszym zawartem zostało religijnie Małzenstwo pomiędzy Felixem Makarewiczem kawalerem lat dwadziescia ośm mającym synem Macieja i Katarzyny z Dziekońskich Małżonków Makarewiczów włoscian urodzonym i zamieszkałym w Laskach, a Katarzyną Piankowną Panną, lat ośmnascie maiącą Corką Walentego i niegdy Maryanny z Mrozków Małżonków Pianków włoscian z Wyku, Obrzęd slubu dopełnionym został, przez Xiędza Jozefa Kuleszę Wikaryusza miejscowego. Małżeństwo to poprzedziły trzy Zapowiedzie w Parafialnym Nowogrodzkim Kosciele, w dniach dwudziestym czwartym trzydziestym pierwszym Stycznia i siodmym Lutego, bieżącego roku, Zezwolenie ustne obecnego Aktowi Małżeństwa Ojca nowozaślubionej nastąpiło - Tamowanie Małżeństwa niezaszło - Małżonkowie nowi oświadczają iż umowy przedślubnej urzędowej żadnej niezawarli - # Akt ten stawającym i swiadkom pisać nieumiejącym przeczytany podpisaliśmy -
X Romuald Skrodzki Proboszcz Nowogrodzki

# przy Akcie tym Nowozaslubiony Felix Makarewicz oswiadczył że dziecie Corkę Nowozaslubionej Katarzyny Piankownej Imieniem Maryanna urodzoną dnia 30 Marca Roku 1860 w Wyku przyimuie za swe własne - in fidem X Skrodzki

Stanisław
Send e-mail
treich

Replies: 167

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:01 pm      Post subject: Transcription Help

I cannot decipher the circled text in the attached. Can someone please help? Thanks

Annotation 2019-06-29 145823.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  281.86 KB

Annotation 2019-06-29 145823.png

Stanislaw

Post Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:08 pm      Post subject: Re: Transcription Help

treich wrote:
I cannot decipher the circled text in the attached. Can someone please help? Thanks

Akt ten stawaiącym i świadkom ktory oznaymili, że pisać nie umieią, przeczytany został. X Karol Pastenaci

This act to those appearing and witnesses, who declared that they do not know how to write, was read out. Priest Karol Pastenaci

Stanisław
Send e-mail
cmasiak

Replies: 41

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:47 pm      Post subject: Marriage Record Szostek/Marchewka

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could translate the marriage record of my Great, Great Grand parents. Thank you!

Chuck

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=13&zs=0629d&sy=1851&kt=2&plik=004.jpg#zoom=1&x=1632&y=1309

Polish Marriage Record Tomasz Sostek Franciszka Marchewka Record 14.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.26 MB

Polish Marriage Record Tomasz Sostek Franciszka Marchewka Record 14.jpg

Stanislaw

Post Posted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:51 pm      Post subject: Re: Marriage Record Szostek/Marchewka

cmasiak wrote:
Hello,

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could translate the marriage record of my Great, Great Grand parents. Thank you!

Chuck

http://metryki.genealodzy.pl/metryka.php?ar=13&zs=0629d&sy=1851&kt=2&plik=004.jpg#zoom=1&x=1632&y=1309

Wola
Działo się w Wsi Wyszynach dnia jedenastego/dwudziestego trzeciego Listopada Tysiąc osmset pięcdziesiątego pierwszego roku, o godzinie pierwszej po południu. - Wiadomo czyniemy że w przytomnosci Swiadków, Jozefa Szóstka liczącego lat siedmdziesiąt dwa, w Bolewie na wyrobku zamieszkałego, Oyca młodego, i Antoniego Marchewki liczącego lat pięcdziesiąt dwa, w Woli Szydłowskiej na gospodarstwie zamieszkałego, Oyca Panny młodej, obydwóch włoscian. - Na dniu dzisiejszym zawarte zostało religijnie małzenstwo między Tomaszem Szóstkiem młodzianem liczącym lat dwadziescia synem Józefa i Maryanny Szóstków, w Słupsku w słuzbie zamieszkałym i w Słupsku urodzonym. - a Panną Franciszką corką Antoniego i Julianny Marchewków liczącą lat dwadziescia w Woli Szydłowskiej przy Oycu zamieszkałą, urodzoną w Słupsku. - Małzenstwo to poprzedziło trzy zapowiedzie w dniach dziewiątym, szesnastym i dwudziestym trzeciem Listopada roku biezącego w Kosciele Parafialnym Wyszynskiem i Słupskiem, jako też zezwolenie ustne obecnych Aktowi Przyjacioł i Rodziców obojga stron Nowo Zaslubionych było oswiadczone. - Tamowanie Małzenstwa nie zaszło. Małzonkowie Nowi oswiadczyli iz nie zawarli umowy przedslubnej. - Akt ten Stawającym i Swiadkom przeczytany, przez Nas podpisany został. Stawający oswiadczyli iz pisać nie umieją. X. Makary Zakrzewski Kommendarz Wyszynski

Wola
It happened in the village of Wyszyny on the 11th/23rd of November 1851, at 1 p.m. We make known that in the presence of witnesses Józef Szóstek, 72 years old, residing in Bolewo on 'wyrobek'*, father of the groom, and Antoni Marchewka, 52 years old, inhabited in Wola Szydłowska on his homestead, father of bride, both peasants, on this day the marriage was concluded religiously between Tomasz Szóstek, bachelor, 20 years old, son of Józef and Maryanna Szóstek, in Słupsk in service inhabited and in Słupsk born, and maiden Franciszka, daughter of Antoni and Julianna Marchewka, 20 years old, in Wola Szydłowska with her father inhabited, born in Słupsk. This marriage was preceded by three banns on the days 9th, 16th and 23rd of November of the current year in the parish church of Wyszyny and Słupsk. As well as the verbal permission of present at the act friends and parents of both parties was stated. Obstacles to the marriage did not occur. The newlyweds declared that they had not made a premarital agreement. This act to those appearing and the witnesses was read out, by Us was signed. Those appearing declared that they do not know how to write. Priest Makary Zakrzewski Commendarius of Wyszyny

*wyrobek - wage labor of the landless rural population (not on their own farm)

Send e-mail
[email protected]

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:18 am      Post subject: Lezon Legal Document?

I have tried unsuccessfully to decipher a document left by my late Grandmother. I have figured out that my Grandfather was advised to put this in writing but the cursive is beyond my ability. It appears my Grandfather, Peter, sold property. perhaps for funds for his transit to America, although records indicate he did not land in America until 1901. Dziękuję

maybe Property info_0002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  965.05 KB

maybe Property info_0002.jpg

maybe Property info_0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.48 MB

maybe Property info_0001.jpg

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:14 am      Post subject: Translation please

Please translate this marriage record for Jan Bzdon & Maria Gagosz, Marriage Record 1908

Bzdon Jan & Maria Gagosz Marriage Record 1908.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  757.24 KB

Bzdon Jan & Maria Gagosz Marriage Record 1908.jpg

may28991

Replies: 68

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:33 am      Post subject: Marriage Translation

Please translate another marriage document.
Thank you,
Larry

Kruk, Jozef & Agnieszka Leniart Marriage Record .jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.04 MB

Kruk, Jozef & Agnieszka Leniart Marriage Record .jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:40 am      Post subject: Re: Lezon Legal Document?

[email protected] wrote:
I have tried unsuccessfully to decipher a document left by my late Grandmother. I have figured out that my Grandfather was advised to put this in writing but the cursive is beyond my ability. It appears my Grandfather, Peter, sold property. perhaps for funds for his transit to America, although records indicate he did not land in America until 1901. Dziękuję

I do not know if this is understandable. I tried as I can.

nowadays Bagienica it is a part of the city Dąbrowa Tarnowska

Imperial-Royal County Court in Dąbrowa
10th day of October 1894 L 11621

ks. gł. gm. kat. Bagienica (I do not know what the first two (ks. gł.) abbreviations mean. Maybe księga główna, ang.: ledger of the Bagienica catholic commune)

Imperial-Royal Court in Dąbrowa

attachment to L 666?/94

Alojzy Tkaczyk and Marianna Tkaczyk nee Grobek in Bagienica and Wojciech Kułaga and Ewa Kułaga nee Kania in Nieczajna.

the persons mentioned in this document were informed about this entry.

Alojzy and Marianna Tkaczyk, Wojciech and Ewa Kułaga, Jan and Adam Bączek, Ignacy Leżań and Honorata Tkaczyk were registered as owners of 112/336 part of the property, cadastre 142 Bagienica.
In this register in the card B the annotation that Jędrzej Leżoń and Piotr Leżoń are underage has been deleted.

at the bottom of this page there are 3 highlighted words:

individually
10 notes
7 attachments

================================

Order for the Land Office issued by the Dąbrowa County Court to change the property entries on the basis on: inheritance decree dated 15th day of April 1893, number 2025, baptism record from Dąbrowa, dated 8th June 1894, number 274, marriage record, dated Olesno 8th June 1894, number 171 and notary document, dated Dąbrowa 7th day of June 1894, repertory number 88, as follows:

A) property ownership in land registration number 142 for Bagienica catholic commune, according to the card B of this land registration ...(cant understand one abbreviation) for Michał Leżoń: one twelfth, for Marcin Leżoń: one twelfth, for Jędrzej Leżoń: one twelfth and for Piotr Leżoń: one twelfth, so together: four twelfth, previously registered in relation to the whole, for:

a) Alojzy Tkaczyk, 25/336 part, (these numbers are mathematical fractions)
b) Marianna Tkaczyk nee Grabek, 25/336 part,
c) Wojciech Kułaga, 25/336 part,
d) Ewa Kułaga nee Kania, 25/336 part,
e) Jan Bączek, 2/336 part,
f) Michał recte (latin word, i dont know why it was used here) Adam Bączek, 2/336 part,
g) Ignacy Leżoń, 4/336 part,
h) Honorata Tkaczyk, 4/336.

and to delete following records:
B)registered on the card B in land registration number 142 of Bagienica catholic commune
a) at the position number 2: note that Jędrzej Leżoń and Piotr Leżoń are underage
b) at the position number 7: note that inheritance proceedings of the late Michał Leżoń is in progress.

The following people were informed about this:

Alojzy Tkaczyk (informed personaly), Marianna Tkaczyk nee Grobek, Bagienica, when returning a contract with a mortgage clause,
Wojciech Kułaga (informed personally)and Ewa Kułaga nee Kania, Nieszajna,
Paweł Leżoń, Bagienica
Marcin Leżoń, Bagienica
Jędrzej Leżoń, Nieszajna, when returning a marriage record with a mortgage clause,
Piotr Leżoń, Dąbrówki Breńskie, when returning a baptism record with a mortgage clause,
underage Jan and Michał recte Adam Bączek and Ignacy Leżoń at Paweł Leżoń hands in Bagienica, underage Honorata Tkaczyk at her father's hands Alojzy Tkaczyk in Bagienica.

Imperial-Royal Tax Office in Dąbrowa and Imperial-Royal Registry of Land Tax Cadastre in Dąbrowa
imperial-Royal Dąbrowa County Court, 24th day of December 1894.

for Piotr Leżoń, in Olesno.

Last edited by marcelproust on Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:41 am      Post subject: Re: Translation please

may28991 wrote:
Please translate this marriage record for Jan Bzdon & Maria Gagosz, Marriage Record 1908

these two documents are written in latin. please put it in the latin translations topic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 438 of 580

Jump to: