PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:20 am      Post subject: Habina

Hi. My great-grandfather was Jan Habina. He immigrated to America through Ellis Island in 1908 and lived in Southwestern Pennsylvania. I know he was from Dzianisz, Poland. The family also spoke of Zakopane. I am looking for more information about him and his family in Dzianisz. I would like to search for his parents/siblings/etc, as well as find any current living relatives. Any help would be great!
Boy_dan

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:16 am      Post subject:

lmajka wrote:
Hello,
My Maternal Grandmother was Agnes Leja, born in 1890 in Podczerwone Poland. I know that her father's name was Jacob Leja from a Still Born/Death certificate in Chicago Cook County.
Agnes's mother died giving birth to her according to what my mother said. I am wondering if anyone has info on the Leja family.

Hi, the only I can say at the moment is that Podczerwone is a Leja's city. That means you have to provide more stuff to Agnes Leja. Kazimierz Leja was one of the town's grounder with many anchestors following him until now. They spread over Podhale and all over the world. The Leja family belonged to Major's families in Podhale and there is a book about it by Mr and Mrs Krzeptowski-Jasinek "Rody sołtysie na Podhalu" (Major's families in Podhale). Also there is an organisation in Chicago that sympathizes with Podczerwone and its heritage, called Kolo Podczerwone 83. You'll find them at FB.
Good luck in your research,
Boy_dan
Boy_dan

Replies: 12

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:22 am      Post subject: Re: Habina

faw113 wrote:
Hi. My great-grandfather was Jan Habina. He immigrated to America through Ellis Island in 1908 and lived in Southwestern Pennsylvania. I know he was from Dzianisz, Poland. The family also spoke of Zakopane. I am looking for more information about him and his family in Dzianisz. I would like to search for his parents/siblings/etc, as well as find any current living relatives. Any help would be great!

Hi, the only Habina I found in my records was Zofia Haberna born Habina. She was born in 1882 in Dzianisz and died in 1961 in Koniowka. Her parents were Maciej (Mathew) and Regina born Pawlak. Since Dzianisz has always belonged to Chocholow's parish more information is to find in Chocholow.
Good luck in your research,
Boy_dan
kimbynj

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:11 pm      Post subject:

The name Singalewicz became Singlevich once my great-grandparents arrived at Ellis Island (Marya and John). They had two boys and raised them in Scranton, PA (John II and Walter). There are very few of us in America with this name and we are all related from Marya/John. Everyone has been very successful, so thank you for the wonderful genes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Page 2 of 2

Jump to: