PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Thu May 30, 2019 8:23 am      Post subject: Krasnopol

I am researching family history of my grandfather who emigrated from krasnopol around 1905. He returned to Poland at some future date. I never met him but have been able to find baptism and death records after much searching. His given name was Leon szrajbert but was changed to Leo snybert when he came to America. I have found that the mayor of krasnopol shares that same name and could possibly be related to me. Over the past several weeks I have written to him, emailed him , and even had a friend who has Facebook message him in polish on his Facebook page. None of this has resulted in a reply. Does anyone on this forum have ties to krasnopol that can help me contact him? Thanks, Wes
Wes

Replies: 10

Post Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:12 pm      Post subject: Mayors reply

The mayor of krasnopol did reply to one of my emails about a month ago. It turns out we are related somehow and my grandfather is buried in the cemetery there. However my emails since have not been replied to. I wish I knew how we are related. It looks as though the name Szrajbert is not very common. Maybe someday I will have to travel across the pond and knock on his door.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: