PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 1

Post Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:13 pm      Post subject: Halina Czerech (халина церецх) in Nieswiez, Nesvizh, Niasviž

My grandmother, Halina Czerech (халина церецх) was born in Nieswiez (Nesvizh, Niasviž), Poland, in 1925 to Andrzej Czerech and Stefanja Weraskowski (Weraskowska). She had four siblings: Nikolai (born ~1918), Valentina (~1920), Zenobia (Zenia) (1922), and Eugene (~1927). Her father Andrzej was an officer in the Polish army. Stefanja died in early 1939. Halina’s brother Nikolai and sisters Zenobia and Valentina left the home around that same time to live on their own. Nikolai had a wife and a daughter. Valentina married a man with the last name Epimashko. After that time, Halina lived with her father and Eugene.

Germany invaded Poland in September 1939. The Nazi soldiers came for the Czerech family, taking Halina away in a wagon. Zenia and her future husband Leon were also on that same wagon, after their home down the road has also been raided. As the soldiers drove the wagon away, Eugene chased it, crying for them to take him along with his sisters. Andrzej and Eugene were left behind; they were sickly and either too old or too young to be placed into forced labor camps. Halina and Zenia never saw Eugene or their father again.

Halina, Zenia, and Leon were forced to work in a labor camp in Germany (a dynamite factory) for several years. They were later freed in 1945 and assigned to live in a displaced persons camp in Germany. At that point, Nieswiez had been annexed from Poland and into Belarus, and they were not able to safely return. Halina later married Gregory Andrzejewski while they were in the displaced persons camp. Halina an Zenobia each had children and their families immigrated to the United States around 1950.

I am looking for any information I can find about the Czerech family. I have been researching for years and have hit dead ends. I've gone through the Ancestry Word database and done DNA testing. Any ideas on where I might look next would be greatly appreciated! Here a general idea of what I'm trying to find out...

Andrzej - what happened to him? Where did he live? When did he die? Who were his parents?

Nikolai – what happened to him? Who was his wife and daughter? Did his daughter have a family?

Valentina Epimashko – what happened to her, did she have a family?

Eugenue – what happened to him?

Stefanja Weraskowska – who were her parents?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: