PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 42

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:42 am      Post subject: Archdiocese of Plock and Lomza

I have traced back my family ancestry on the "Jablonka" side to the village of Nieskorz (Parish of Zlotoria-Jasienica) to 1809 where I obtained the marriage record of Szymon Jablonka. Szymon was born July 19, 1789 according to his marriage record, but his birth record is not available. In Szymon's marriage record it states that his birth date was confirmed by the Parish of Zlotoria. The Parish of Zlotoria burned down in the early 1800s.

I want to confirm that the Archdiocese does not have these records. I have sent letters via mail to the Archdiocese of Plock and Lomza, but have not received any response. After waiting several months, I wanted to reach out to the forum and see if anyone has experience with asking for documents from the Archiocese.

In addition, Ignacy Jablonka was Szymon's father. I found his death record in the Parish of Jasienica from 1825. I was not able to find his marriage record or birth record. His death record indicates he was born in 1759. I believe he would have lived in the parish of Zlotoria too since that is where Szymon's Birth Record was referenced as being.

Please let me know if you have any guidance on how to best work with the Archdiocese of Plock or Lomza.

Thanks in advance for your help, Dave Jablonka

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2080

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:10 pm      Post subject: Re: Archdiocese of Plock and Lomza

djablonka wrote:
I have traced back my family ancestry on the "Jablonka" side to the village of Nieskorz (Parish of Zlotoria-Jasienica) to 1809 where I obtained the marriage record of Szymon Jablonka. Szymon was born July 19, 1789 according to his marriage record, but his birth record is not available. In Szymon's marriage record it states that his birth date was confirmed by the Parish of Zlotoria. The Parish of Zlotoria burned down in the early 1800s.

I want to confirm that the Archdiocese does not have these records. I have sent letters via mail to the Archdiocese of Plock and Lomza, but have not received any response. After waiting several months, I wanted to reach out to the forum and see if anyone has experience with asking for documents from the Archiocese.

In addition, Ignacy Jablonka was Szymon's father. I found his death record in the Parish of Jasienica from 1825. I was not able to find his marriage record or birth record. His death record indicates he was born in 1759. I believe he would have lived in the parish of Zlotoria too since that is where Szymon's Birth Record was referenced as being.

Please let me know if you have any guidance on how to best work with the Archdiocese of Plock or Lomza.

You should try to send an email to Torun State Archive and Włocławek Diocesian Archive because these two institutions store Złotoria parish church books from 18th century.
I can make a phone call and ask.

djablonka

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:32 pm      Post subject: Re: Archdiocese of Plock and Lomza

marcelproust wrote:
djablonka wrote:

You should try to send an email to Torun State Archive and Włocławek Diocesian Archive because these two institutions store Złotoria parish church books from 18th century.

Marcel, Is the Zlotoria you are talking about the one that is south of Nieskorz? A link that describes the one I am talking about is: http://gimzareby.neostrada.pl/zlotoria.htm

The reason I am wondering is because the Archives in Warsaw told me to reach out to the Diocese of Lomza for the records... I reached out to Plock also because I thought that was where Jasienica reported into... Regardless though, if you are certain we are talking about the same one, I would be willing to explore this with you. Let me know. Thanks for your response and council.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:21 pm      Post subject: Re: Archdiocese of Plock and Lomza

djablonka wrote:
marcelproust wrote:
djablonka wrote:

Marcel, Is the Zlotoria you are talking about the one that is south of Nieskorz? A link that describes the one I am talking about is: http://gimzareby.neostrada.pl/zlotoria.htm

The reason I am wondering is because the Archives in Warsaw told me to reach out to the Diocese of Lomza for the records... I reached out to Plock also because I thought that was where Jasienica reported into... Regardless though, if you are certain we are talking about the same one, I would be willing to explore this with you. Let me know. Thanks for your response and council.

According to the Kingdom of Poland Index the village You are talking about belonged to Jasiennica parish. Złotoria and jasiennica parishes were joined together in XIX century. I will ask Jasiennica parich priest where are these church books from XVIII century stored. I will also make phone call to Łomża Diocesian Archive.

djablonka

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:18 am      Post subject:

Thanks Marcel! I appreciate it! I have sent a letter to the Jasienica Parish Priest too, but have not received a reply. It will be interesting to see what you find after your discussion.
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:22 pm      Post subject:

djablonka wrote:
Thanks Marcel! I appreciate it! I have sent a letter to the Jasienica Parish Priest too, but have not received a reply. It will be interesting to see what you find after your discussion.

Priest from Łomża Diocesan Curia informed me that if these records survived the church fire they can be found in Płock Diocesan Archive. I will ask about it on Monday.
He also told me that as far as he knows these church books burned during the church fire.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: