PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:07 am      Post subject: Re: polish marriage record translation help 2.

marcelproust wrote:
zise wrote:
hi i found this record of my grandfather (second marriage), and i am interested in any vital information in it (names, fathers name, places, childrens names, previous spouse, etc.)
the link:
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/4/skan/full/b3gEScGGb_KFG1a7oXA2SQ
akt no: 21
---
also there is a marriage ban for him here in akt no, 41
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/4/skan/full/hSeZeC8-TYbTYBA3GioEiA
many thanks
zise

I'm working on it.

by theway
did you finnish this one as well?
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4188

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:20 am      Post subject: Re: is this the same person?

zise wrote:
marcelproust wrote:

Attachments to this marriage act would be helpful. they are stored in Radom State Archive.

Right marigin:
Nr 1
Lachter icek, son of Wolf and Brajndla Motek, daughter of Icek.

attachment numer 1
attachment number 2

thanks alot!

how can i get it from the radom archive'
what information should i provdie?
is the link to thid document enough?

Nr 21
Izrael Szapszanowicz
Mechla Aaronowiczewa

161, 164 and 165 and 168: these are the numbers of the affidavits attached to the marriage record.

It happened on the 9th day of August 1812. In front of Us, priest Konrad Kazimierz Rutkowski, Kozienice parish parson, serving as Civil Registrar for Kozienice commune located in Kozienice county in Radom department, appeared:

Izrael Szapszanowicz, of Jewish faith, widower, mangle living in Kozienice, according to the affidavit regarding the birth date, dated 14th day of November of the current year, issued by the Kozienice conty town burgomaster Jedrzej Drapalscki he is 75 years old, which was confirned by the Kozienice Piece of Court on the 22nd day of July of the current year

and

Mechla Aaronowiczewa, widow, innkeeper, living in Kozienice, according to the affidavit regarding the birth date, dated 14th day of November of the current year, issued by the Kozienice conty town burgomaster Jedrzej Drapalscki she is 58 years old, which was confirned by the Kozienice Piece of Court on the 22nd day of July of the current year.

Both parties demand Us to began arranged between them marriage, whose announcements came out in front of the main door of our commune house, it is:, the first one of the 12th day of July, the second on the 19th day of the current year. There were no obstacles to this marriage. We read all the papers, from which it turns out that legally required formalities have been fulfilled. After reading to the parties and the witnesses all the aforementioned documents and the 6th chapter of the Napoleonic Civil Code, titled: "About Marriage", we asked the future spouse [him] and a future spouse [her] if they want to marry with each other. When each of them separately responded that this is their will, we declare in the name of law that Izrael Szapszanowicz, widower and Mechla Aaronowiczewa, widow are joined in the marriage union. We wrote down the act of marriage in the presence of Gutman Naaserowicz, innkeeper, 57 years old, living in Kozienice, Lejbus Pawłowicz, teacher, living in Kozienice, 56 years old, Fiszel Mandel, 52 years old, living in Kozienice (can read his profession) and Marek Meskewicz, a master tailor, living in Kozienice, 25 years old.
This act was signed by Us and the witnesses mentioned in this act.

Priest Konrad Kazimierz Rutkowski, Kozienice parish parson, serving as Civil Registrar.

At the end of the marriage records there is index where the newlyweds's names are listed and the groom's name is written there as: Szapszowicz Izrael.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
in this document groom's age is 76. It is not my mistake.

Marriage bann number 41,

It happened on the 12th day of July 1812 on Sunday. I, priest Konrad Kazimierz Rutkowski, Kozienice parish parson, serving as Civil Registrar for Kozienice commune located in Kozienice county in Radom department, went to the main door of the commune house, at 12 o'clock at noon, and announced for the first time that the primise of marriage had happened between Izrael Szapszanowicz, of jewish confession, mangle, widower living in Kozienice, 76 years old and Mechla Aaranowiczowa, widow living in Kozienice, 58 years old.
After this marriage bann was read clead and loud it was nailed to the door of the commune house, which was wrote down in this act.

Priest Konrad Kazimierz Rutkowski, Kozienice parish parson, serving as Civil Registrar.

PAYPAL: [email protected]

Last edited by marcelproust on Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:23 am; edited 4 times in total
who

Replies: 86

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:10 pm      Post subject:

Thanks, at the end there is something about the bishop? what it means?

marriagewawrowicki.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.89 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

marriagewawrowicki.jpg

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:27 pm      Post subject:

who wrote:

Nr 13
Liw

It happened in Liw town on the 27th day of November 1838, at 3 p.m. We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Mikołaj Mroczek, 40 years old and Józef Czapski, 36 years old, both townsmans, farmers living in Liw, there was concluded on this day religious marriage between:

Wawrzyniec Rowicki, a single man, living in Liw, born in Rowiska located in Korytnica parish, 27 years old, son of late spouses: Wawrzyniec Rowicki and Teresa Rowicka, farmer, nobleman

and

Eleonora Skarzyńska, a miss, 17 years old, daughter of spouses: Andrzej Skarzyński and Marianna Skarzyńska nee Czerwińska, townsman, born and living with her parents in Liw.

This marriage was preceded by the 2 banns of marriage announced on the 18th and 25th day of November of the current year in Liw church. From the 3rd banns of marriage dispensation was given by the honourable Podlasie District Bishop.
There were no obstacles to this marriage.
Bride's parents, present at writing this marriage act, gave oral permission fot this marriage.
Newlyweds declared they did prenuptial agreement on the 20th day of November of the current year in front of the notary of the Węgrów county: W. Żaboklicki.
This marriage ceremony was performed by the undersigned priest.
This act was read to the present and signed by us and witnesses. Newlyweds are illiterate.

Priest J. Roguski, Liw parish vicar, on behalf of the parish parson.
Witnesses' signatures.

who

Replies: 86

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:24 am      Post subject:

Thanks!!

marcelproust wrote:
who wrote:

Nr 13
Liw

It happened in Liw town on the 27th day of November 1838, at 3 p.m. We make it known that in the presence of the witnesses: Mikołaj Mroczek, 40 years old and Józef Czapski, 36 years old, both townsmans, farmers living in Liw, there was concluded on this day religious marriage between:

Wawrzyniec Rowicki, a single man, living in Liw, born in Rowiska located in Korytnica parish, 27 years old, son of late spouses: Wawrzyniec Rowicki and Teresa Rowicka, farmer, nobleman

and

Eleonora Skarzyńska, a miss, 17 years old, daughter of spouses: Andrzej Skarzyński and Marianna Skarzyńska nee Czerwińska, townsman, born and living with her parents in Liw.

This marriage was preceded by the 2 banns of marriage announced on the 18th and 25th day of November of the current year in Liw church. From the 3rd banns of marriage dispensation was given by the honourable Podlasie District Bishop.
There were no obstacles to this marriage.
Bride's parents, present at writing this marriage act, gave oral permission fot this marriage.
Newlyweds declared they did prenuptial agreement on the 20th day of November of the current year in front of the notary of the Węgrów county: W. Żaboklicki.
This marriage ceremony was performed by the undersigned priest.
This act was read to the present and signed by us and witnesses. Newlyweds are illiterate.

Priest J. Roguski, Liw parish vicar, on behalf of the parish parson.
Witnesses' signatures.
ertylisz
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 191

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:02 am      Post subject:

Can you please translate the birth record of Elzbieta Tylisz ? I will be sending another for Rosalia Tylisz in another message as I cannot seem to send two documents at the same time. Thank you, Gene Tylisz

TYLISZ, ELZBIETA, BIRTH RECORD, 1863, FHL FILM 746954, RECORD 72, VOL. 61.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  854.49 KB

TYLISZ, ELZBIETA, BIRTH RECORD, 1863, FHL FILM 746954, RECORD 72, VOL. 61.JPG

ertylisz

Replies: 191

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:04 am      Post subject:

Here is the one for Rosalia Tylisz. Thanks again. Gene Tylisz

TYLISZ, ROZALIA, BIRTH RECORD, 1865, FHL FILM 746954, RECORD 76, VOL. 63.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  495.87 KB

TYLISZ, ROZALIA, BIRTH RECORD, 1865, FHL FILM 746954, RECORD 76, VOL. 63.JPG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:33 am      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Can you please translate the birth record of Elzbieta Tylisz ? I will be sending another for Rosalia Tylisz in another message as I cannot seem to send two documents at the same time. Thank you, Gene Tylisz

Meszna

It happened in Młodojewo on the 1st day of November 1863, at 11 a.m. Appeared Piotr Tylisz, labourer living in Meszna, 22 years old, in the presence of Antoni Piwnicki, 44 years old and Szymon Jaworski, 52 years old, both tenants living in Meszna, and presented Us a female child, born in Meszna on the 29th day of October of the current year, at 8 p.m. with his wife Marianna nee Dąbkiewicz, 22 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today by the undersigned priest, the child was given the name Elżbieta, and the godparents were: aforementioned Antoni Piwnicki and Apolonia Anasiewicz.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses and not signed by them, because they are illiterate.

Priest Maciej Falkiewicz, Młodojewo parish parson.

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:04 pm      Post subject:

ertylisz wrote:
Here is the one for Rosalia Tylisz. Thanks again. Gene Tylisz

Młodojewo

It happened in the village Młodojewo on the 11th day of December 1865, at 10 a.m. Appeared Piotr Tylisz, servant living in Młodojewo, 25 years old, in the presence of Stanisław Krysińśki, 34 years old and Maciej Kurczewski, 53 years old, both labourers living in Młodojewo, and presented Us a female child, born yesterday in Młodojewo, at 1 p.m. with his wife Marianna nee Dąbkiewicz, 26 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Rozalia, and the godparents were: Jan Dąbkiewicz and Rozalia Wiatroska.
This act was read to the illiterate declarant and witnesses and signed only by Us..

Priest Karol Jankowski, Młodojewo parish parson.

mcdonald0517

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 pm      Post subject: Please translate Jan Krygier marriage record

Hello,

When you have the time, please translate this 1817 marriage record for Jan Krygier and Anna Krystyna Buk (?). It is act 60 on the page.

Thanks so much!
Cynthia

1817-60 Anna Krystyna Buk Jan Krygier 2nd marr.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.42 MB

1817-60 Anna Krystyna Buk Jan Krygier 2nd marr.jpg

Send e-mail
mcdonald0517

Replies: 960

Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:41 pm      Post subject: Please help me understand these records

Hello,

I am trying to piece together some clues regarding the origins of my Krygier (Kriger, Kryger, Krueger, Kruger, Kaczmarski) family. This particular branch of my family has eluded me. But, I recently had a DNA match with a person who could be my 3-4th cousin. As I looked through his family tree, the only surname that matched with mine was: Krueger, Krygier. So, I am attempting to trace down the documentation for the person in his tree to see if it eventually connects with my ancestor. My request for help involves some of the documents I have found.

1) The 1817 marriage record (her second marriage) for Anna Krystyna Krygier nee Bukowna (Buk) has several records appended to it. I know she was married first to Michal Krygier (aka Kaczmarski); he died in 1817. She then remarried Jan Krygier. I don't need a word for word translation of the documents, but I would greatly appreciate if someone can read them and tell me what they are about. I would also appreciate any pertinent information related to Michal Krygier and/or Jan Krygier in the documents (occupation, birth location, ages, etc.)

2) Question: under what circumstances would a man change his surname? Example: Michal Krygier is often listed as "otherwise known as Kaczmarski) in many documents and databases. Why?

I am attaching all of the appendices for review.

Many thanks,
Cynthia

1817 Annex marriage doc4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.18 MB

1817 Annex marriage doc4.jpg

1817 Annex marriage doc3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.23 MB

1817 Annex marriage doc3.jpg

1817 Annex marriage doc2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.32 MB

1817 Annex marriage doc2.jpg

1817 Annex marriage doc1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.16 MB

1817 Annex marriage doc1.jpg

Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 am      Post subject: Re: Please help me understand these records

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to piece together some clues regarding the origins of my Krygier (Kriger, Kryger, Krueger, Kruger, Kaczmarski) family. This particular branch of my family has eluded me. But, I recently had a DNA match with a person who could be my 3-4th cousin. As I looked through his family tree, the only surname that matched with mine was: Krueger, Krygier. So, I am attempting to trace down the documentation for the person in his tree to see if it eventually connects with my ancestor. My request for help involves some of the documents I have found.

1) The 1817 marriage record (her second marriage) for Anna Krystyna Krygier nee Bukowna (Buk) has several records appended to it. I know she was married first to Michal Krygier (aka Kaczmarski); he died in 1817. She then remarried Jan Krygier. I don't need a word for word translation of the documents, but I would greatly appreciate if someone can read them and tell me what they are about. I would also appreciate any pertinent information related to Michal Krygier and/or Jan Krygier in the documents (occupation, birth location, ages, etc.)

2) Question: under what circumstances would a man change his surname? Example: Michal Krygier is often listed as "otherwise known as Kaczmarski) in many documents and databases. Why?

Many thanks,
Cynthia

im working on it

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:14 am      Post subject: Re: Please help me understand these records

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks,
Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

The annex docs are records presented prior to the wedding which were produced in order to demonstrate that the intended marriage was free from any and all impediments which would render the marriage invalid or illicit.

Here are the details found in marriage doc. 2. The document on the right hand page (page 166) is in Latin and is the birth and baptism certificate of Jan Krygier. The certificate was presented on November 8, 1817. Here is the salient information without the standard formulae:

Infant: Jan Krygier
Date of Birth: December 26, 1797
Village of Birth: Kiedrowo
Date of Baptism: December 31, 1797
Father: Marcin Krygier
Mother: Ewa née Szmit
Parish of Baptism: Łekno
Sponsors aka godparents: Jan Delke & Justina J (or Y)antkowa

No age of parents or occupation is recorded.

One cannot ask for many genealogical details from an ecclesiastical certificate whose purpose was simply to record the reception of a sacrament.

People changed their surnames with a good deal of frequency during the late 18th and early 19th Centuries—often for reasons known only to them. Keep in mind that even as late as the end of the 18th Century not all peasants in Poland used surnames. Here is a surname change from my ancestors. A 4th great-grandparent who died in 1804 was known during his lifetime as Kajetan Stelmaszek (from his occupation—he was a stelmach). For about 5 or 6 years after his death his widow and children continued to be known as Stelmaszek but then took up the surname Kajetaniak, which obviously is derived from his given name. That is what happened but the motivation behind this change can only be guessed at rather than known.

Obviously the surnames in the certificate are Germanic in origin and have taken on a Polish form. This transformation is not perfect as is exemplified by the surname Delke—According to Polish usage the letter “e” cannot directly follow either the letters “k” or “g”, but an exception to the rule is found in this case. The adaptation of Germanic surnames to Polish is very possibly an explanation for the variations you list for Krygier.

Hoping that you find the information from the baptismal certificate useful in your research,

Dave
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2781

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:20 pm      Post subject: Re: Please help me understand these records

dnowicki wrote:
mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello,

Many thanks,
Cynthia

Hi Cynthia,

The annex docs are records presented prior to the wedding which were produced in order to demonstrate that the intended marriage was free from any and all impediments which would render the marriage invalid or illicit.

Here are the details found in marriage doc. 2. The document on the right hand page (page 166) is in Latin and is the birth and baptism certificate of Jan Krygier. The certificate was presented on November 8, 1817. Here is the salient information without the standard formulae:

Infant: Jan Krygier
Date of Birth: December 26, 1797
Village of Birth: Kiedrowo
Date of Baptism: December 31, 1797
Father: Marcin Krygier
Mother: Ewa née Szmit
Parish of Baptism: Łekno
Sponsors aka godparents: Jan Delke & Justina J (or Y)antkowa

No age of parents or occupation is recorded.

One cannot ask for many genealogical details from an ecclesiastical certificate whose purpose was simply to record the reception of a sacrament.

People changed their surnames with a good deal of frequency during the late 18th and early 19th Centuries—often for reasons known only to them. Keep in mind that even as late as the end of the 18th Century not all peasants in Poland used surnames. Here is a surname change from my ancestors. A 4th great-grandparent who died in 1804 was known during his lifetime as Kajetan Stelmaszek (from his occupation—he was a stelmach). For about 5 or 6 years after his death his widow and children continued to be known as Stelmaszek but then took up the surname Kajetaniak, which obviously is derived from his given name. That is what happened but the motivation behind this change can only be guessed at rather than known.

Obviously the surnames in the certificate are Germanic in origin and have taken on a Polish form. This transformation is not perfect as is exemplified by the surname Delke—According to Polish usage the letter “e” cannot directly follow either the letters “k” or “g”, but an exception to the rule is found in this case. The adaptation of Germanic surnames to Polish is very possibly an explanation for the variations you list for Krygier.

Hoping that you find the information from the baptismal certificate useful in your research,

Dave

Hi Cynthia,

After giving some thought to the baptismal certificate of Jan Krygier I find it necessary to make a minor revision and an addition to my earlier post. I believe that the parish is Łekno rather than Łękno. The second letter should not have a diacritical mark. Łekno is within the powiat and gmina of Wągrowiec (Cf. attachment). Although the village of Łękno does exist, it is not the location of a parish. Thus the revision.

The addition involves the text which forms the preface to the baptismal certificate. I now believe that it may contain information which may be helpful to you. The introduction begin with the first word on the page—Praesentibus—and ends with the word sequitur. Here follows the translation of the preface/introduction: “By the presents (i.e. this certificate) I attest that I have read and seen within the authentic testimony of the descendants of Marcin and of Rozalia née Perska from the Register of Baptisms of the parish church of Łekno that on the 13th day of April in the year 1804 was extracted the certificate as follows...”

I find the relationship of Marcin and Rozalia to Marcin Krygier and his wife Ewa Szmit and their son Jan to be unclear, but perhaps it may turn out to be important to your quest. Thus the addition to the earlier post.

Wishing you good luck,

Dave

Screenshot_2019-11-10 Skorowidz miejscowości Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej z oznaczeniem terytorjalnie im właściwych władz i ur[...].png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.58 KB

Screenshot_2019-11-10 Skorowidz miejscowości Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej z oznaczeniem terytorjalnie im właściwych władz i ur[...].png

ohiopolishgurl1972

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:04 pm      Post subject: Polish translation birth record

Marcel,

I have two birth records for the same child, which I understand is unusual, so I have two documents attached. There was a notation that the birth record was rewritten and perhaps I'll soon know why. Would you please translate these birth records for Andrzej Strojek from 1864? I know his parents were Jan Strojek and Marianna Walczak and this is from Koniusza Parish. I am very new to looking at these documents, but am learning as I go. Thank you in advance.

Andrzej Strojek birth 1864 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.36 KB

Andrzej Strojek birth 1864 2.jpg

Andrzej Strojek birth 1864.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  291.63 KB

Andrzej Strojek birth 1864.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 448, 449, 450 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 449 of 580

Jump to: