PolishOrigins Forum

 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 448, 449, 450  Next
Author
Message
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Replies: 1815
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:33 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

ertylisz wrote:
Can you please translate the birth record of Elzbieta Tylisz ? I will be sending another for Rosalia Tylisz in another message as I cannot seem to send two documents at the same time. Thank you, Gene Tylisz

72
Meszna

It happened in Młodojewo on the 1st day of November 1863, at 11 a.m. Appeared Piotr Tylisz, labourer living in Meszna, 22 years old, in the presence of Antoni Piwnicki, 44 years old and Szymon Jaworski, 52 years old, both tenants living in Meszna, and presented Us a female child, born in Meszna on the 29th day of October of the current year, at 8 p.m. with his wife Marianna nee Dąbkiewicz, 22 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today by the undersigned priest, the child was given the name Elżbieta, and the godparents were: aforementioned Antoni Piwnicki and Apolonia Anasiewicz.
This act was read to the declarant and witnesses and not signed by them, because they are illiterate.

Priest Maciej Falkiewicz, Młodojewo parish parson.

_________________
If you would like to show your appreciation for the arduous and time-consuming translations, you can do it at my PAYPAL account using this email: [email protected]
View user's profile
Send private message
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Replies: 1815
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:04 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

ertylisz wrote:
Here is the one for Rosalia Tylisz. Thanks again. Gene Tylisz


76
Młodojewo


It happened in the village Młodojewo on the 11th day of December 1865, at 10 a.m. Appeared Piotr Tylisz, servant living in Młodojewo, 25 years old, in the presence of Stanisław Krysińśki, 34 years old and Maciej Kurczewski, 53 years old, both labourers living in Młodojewo, and presented Us a female child, born yesterday in Młodojewo, at 1 p.m. with his wife Marianna nee Dąbkiewicz, 26 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, the child was given the name Rozalia, and the godparents were: Jan Dąbkiewicz and Rozalia Wiatroska.
This act was read to the illiterate declarant and witnesses and signed only by Us..

Priest Karol Jankowski, Młodojewo parish parson.

_________________
If you would like to show your appreciation for the arduous and time-consuming translations, you can do it at my PAYPAL account using this email: [email protected]
View user's profile
Send private message
mcdonald0517
PolishOrigins Patron


Joined: 27 May 2012
Replies: 545

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:53 pm      Post subject: Please translate Jan Krygier marriage record
Reply with quote

Hello,

When you have the time, please translate this 1817 marriage record for Jan Krygier and Anna Krystyna Buk (?). It is act 60 on the page.

Thanks so much!
Cynthia



1817-60 Anna Krystyna Buk Jan Krygier 2nd marr.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.42 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1817-60 Anna Krystyna Buk Jan Krygier 2nd marr.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
mcdonald0517
PolishOrigins Patron


Joined: 27 May 2012
Replies: 545

Back to top
Post Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:41 pm      Post subject: Please help me understand these records
Reply with quote

Hello,

I am trying to piece together some clues regarding the origins of my Krygier (Kriger, Kryger, Krueger, Kruger, Kaczmarski) family. This particular branch of my family has eluded me. But, I recently had a DNA match with a person who could be my 3-4th cousin. As I looked through his family tree, the only surname that matched with mine was: Krueger, Krygier. So, I am attempting to trace down the documentation for the person in his tree to see if it eventually connects with my ancestor. My request for help involves some of the documents I have found.

1) The 1817 marriage record (her second marriage) for Anna Krystyna Krygier nee Bukowna (Buk) has several records appended to it. I know she was married first to Michal Krygier (aka Kaczmarski); he died in 1817. She then remarried Jan Krygier. I don't need a word for word translation of the documents, but I would greatly appreciate if someone can read them and tell me what they are about. I would also appreciate any pertinent information related to Michal Krygier and/or Jan Krygier in the documents (occupation, birth location, ages, etc.)

2) Question: under what circumstances would a man change his surname? Example: Michal Krygier is often listed as "otherwise known as Kaczmarski) in many documents and databases. Why?

I am attaching all of the appendices for review.

Many thanks,
Cynthia



1817 Annex marriage doc4.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.18 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1817 Annex marriage doc4.jpg



1817 Annex marriage doc3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.23 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1817 Annex marriage doc3.jpg



1817 Annex marriage doc2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.32 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1817 Annex marriage doc2.jpg



1817 Annex marriage doc1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.16 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1817 Annex marriage doc1.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Replies: 1815
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:05 am      Post subject: Re: Please help me understand these records
Reply with quote

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to piece together some clues regarding the origins of my Krygier (Kriger, Kryger, Krueger, Kruger, Kaczmarski) family. This particular branch of my family has eluded me. But, I recently had a DNA match with a person who could be my 3-4th cousin. As I looked through his family tree, the only surname that matched with mine was: Krueger, Krygier. So, I am attempting to trace down the documentation for the person in his tree to see if it eventually connects with my ancestor. My request for help involves some of the documents I have found.

1) The 1817 marriage record (her second marriage) for Anna Krystyna Krygier nee Bukowna (Buk) has several records appended to it. I know she was married first to Michal Krygier (aka Kaczmarski); he died in 1817. She then remarried Jan Krygier. I don't need a word for word translation of the documents, but I would greatly appreciate if someone can read them and tell me what they are about. I would also appreciate any pertinent information related to Michal Krygier and/or Jan Krygier in the documents (occupation, birth location, ages, etc.)

2) Question: under what circumstances would a man change his surname? Example: Michal Krygier is often listed as "otherwise known as Kaczmarski) in many documents and databases. Why?

I am attaching all of the appendices for review.

Many thanks,
Cynthia


im working on it

_________________
If you would like to show your appreciation for the arduous and time-consuming translations, you can do it at my PAYPAL account using this email: [email protected]
View user's profile
Send private message
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Replies: 1794
Location: Michigan City, Indiana

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:14 am      Post subject: Re: Please help me understand these records
Reply with quote

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to piece together some clues regarding the origins of my Krygier (Kriger, Kryger, Krueger, Kruger, Kaczmarski) family. This particular branch of my family has eluded me. But, I recently had a DNA match with a person who could be my 3-4th cousin. As I looked through his family tree, the only surname that matched with mine was: Krueger, Krygier. So, I am attempting to trace down the documentation for the person in his tree to see if it eventually connects with my ancestor. My request for help involves some of the documents I have found.

1) The 1817 marriage record (her second marriage) for Anna Krystyna Krygier nee Bukowna (Buk) has several records appended to it. I know she was married first to Michal Krygier (aka Kaczmarski); he died in 1817. She then remarried Jan Krygier. I don't need a word for word translation of the documents, but I would greatly appreciate if someone can read them and tell me what they are about. I would also appreciate any pertinent information related to Michal Krygier and/or Jan Krygier in the documents (occupation, birth location, ages, etc.)

2) Question: under what circumstances would a man change his surname? Example: Michal Krygier is often listed as "otherwise known as Kaczmarski) in many documents and databases. Why?

I am attaching all of the appendices for review.

Many thanks,
Cynthia


Hi Cynthia,

The annex docs are records presented prior to the wedding which were produced in order to demonstrate that the intended marriage was free from any and all impediments which would render the marriage invalid or illicit.

Here are the details found in marriage doc. 2. The document on the right hand page (page 166) is in Latin and is the birth and baptism certificate of Jan Krygier. The certificate was presented on November 8, 1817. Here is the salient information without the standard formulae:

Infant: Jan Krygier
Date of Birth: December 26, 1797
Village of Birth: Kiedrowo
Date of Baptism: December 31, 1797
Father: Marcin Krygier
Mother: Ewa née Szmit
Parish of Baptism: Łekno
Sponsors aka godparents: Jan Delke & Justina J (or Y)antkowa

No age of parents or occupation is recorded.

One cannot ask for many genealogical details from an ecclesiastical certificate whose purpose was simply to record the reception of a sacrament.

People changed their surnames with a good deal of frequency during the late 18th and early 19th Centuries—often for reasons known only to them. Keep in mind that even as late as the end of the 18th Century not all peasants in Poland used surnames. Here is a surname change from my ancestors. A 4th great-grandparent who died in 1804 was known during his lifetime as Kajetan Stelmaszek (from his occupation—he was a stelmach). For about 5 or 6 years after his death his widow and children continued to be known as Stelmaszek but then took up the surname Kajetaniak, which obviously is derived from his given name. That is what happened but the motivation behind this change can only be guessed at rather than known.

Obviously the surnames in the certificate are Germanic in origin and have taken on a Polish form. This transformation is not perfect as is exemplified by the surname Delke—According to Polish usage the letter “e” cannot directly follow either the letters “k” or “g”, but an exception to the rule is found in this case. The adaptation of Germanic surnames to Polish is very possibly an explanation for the variations you list for Krygier.

Hoping that you find the information from the baptismal certificate useful in your research,

Dave
View user's profile
Send private message
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Replies: 1794
Location: Michigan City, Indiana

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:20 pm      Post subject: Re: Please help me understand these records
Reply with quote

dnowicki wrote:
mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to piece together some clues regarding the origins of my Krygier (Kriger, Kryger, Krueger, Kruger, Kaczmarski) family. This particular branch of my family has eluded me. But, I recently had a DNA match with a person who could be my 3-4th cousin. As I looked through his family tree, the only surname that matched with mine was: Krueger, Krygier. So, I am attempting to trace down the documentation for the person in his tree to see if it eventually connects with my ancestor. My request for help involves some of the documents I have found.

1) The 1817 marriage record (her second marriage) for Anna Krystyna Krygier nee Bukowna (Buk) has several records appended to it. I know she was married first to Michal Krygier (aka Kaczmarski); he died in 1817. She then remarried Jan Krygier. I don't need a word for word translation of the documents, but I would greatly appreciate if someone can read them and tell me what they are about. I would also appreciate any pertinent information related to Michal Krygier and/or Jan Krygier in the documents (occupation, birth location, ages, etc.)

2) Question: under what circumstances would a man change his surname? Example: Michal Krygier is often listed as "otherwise known as Kaczmarski) in many documents and databases. Why?

I am attaching all of the appendices for review.

Many thanks,
Cynthia


Hi Cynthia,

The annex docs are records presented prior to the wedding which were produced in order to demonstrate that the intended marriage was free from any and all impediments which would render the marriage invalid or illicit.

Here are the details found in marriage doc. 2. The document on the right hand page (page 166) is in Latin and is the birth and baptism certificate of Jan Krygier. The certificate was presented on November 8, 1817. Here is the salient information without the standard formulae:

Infant: Jan Krygier
Date of Birth: December 26, 1797
Village of Birth: Kiedrowo
Date of Baptism: December 31, 1797
Father: Marcin Krygier
Mother: Ewa née Szmit
Parish of Baptism: Łekno
Sponsors aka godparents: Jan Delke & Justina J (or Y)antkowa

No age of parents or occupation is recorded.

One cannot ask for many genealogical details from an ecclesiastical certificate whose purpose was simply to record the reception of a sacrament.

People changed their surnames with a good deal of frequency during the late 18th and early 19th Centuries—often for reasons known only to them. Keep in mind that even as late as the end of the 18th Century not all peasants in Poland used surnames. Here is a surname change from my ancestors. A 4th great-grandparent who died in 1804 was known during his lifetime as Kajetan Stelmaszek (from his occupation—he was a stelmach). For about 5 or 6 years after his death his widow and children continued to be known as Stelmaszek but then took up the surname Kajetaniak, which obviously is derived from his given name. That is what happened but the motivation behind this change can only be guessed at rather than known.

Obviously the surnames in the certificate are Germanic in origin and have taken on a Polish form. This transformation is not perfect as is exemplified by the surname Delke—According to Polish usage the letter “e” cannot directly follow either the letters “k” or “g”, but an exception to the rule is found in this case. The adaptation of Germanic surnames to Polish is very possibly an explanation for the variations you list for Krygier.

Hoping that you find the information from the baptismal certificate useful in your research,

Dave


Hi Cynthia,

After giving some thought to the baptismal certificate of Jan Krygier I find it necessary to make a minor revision and an addition to my earlier post. I believe that the parish is Łekno rather than Łękno. The second letter should not have a diacritical mark. Łekno is within the powiat and gmina of Wągrowiec (Cf. attachment). Although the village of Łękno does exist, it is not the location of a parish. Thus the revision.

The addition involves the text which forms the preface to the baptismal certificate. I now believe that it may contain information which may be helpful to you. The introduction begin with the first word on the page—Praesentibus—and ends with the word sequitur. Here follows the translation of the preface/introduction: “By the presents (i.e. this certificate) I attest that I have read and seen within the authentic testimony of the descendants of Marcin and of Rozalia née Perska from the Register of Baptisms of the parish church of Łekno that on the 13th day of April in the year 1804 was extracted the certificate as follows...”

I find the relationship of Marcin and Rozalia to Marcin Krygier and his wife Ewa Szmit and their son Jan to be unclear, but perhaps it may turn out to be important to your quest. Thus the addition to the earlier post.

Wishing you good luck,

Dave



Screenshot_2019-11-10 Skorowidz miejscowości Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej z oznaczeniem terytorjalnie im właściwych władz i ur[...].png
 Description:
 Filesize:  19.58 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Screenshot_2019-11-10 Skorowidz miejscowości Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej z oznaczeniem terytorjalnie im właściwych władz i ur[...].png


View user's profile
Send private message
ohiopolishgurl1972



Joined: 02 Oct 2019
Replies: 6

Back to top
Post Posted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:04 pm      Post subject: Polish translation birth record
Reply with quote

Marcel,

I have two birth records for the same child, which I understand is unusual, so I have two documents attached. There was a notation that the birth record was rewritten and perhaps I'll soon know why. Would you please translate these birth records for Andrzej Strojek from 1864? I know his parents were Jan Strojek and Marianna Walczak and this is from Koniusza Parish. I am very new to looking at these documents, but am learning as I go. Thank you in advance.



Andrzej Strojek birth 1864 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  226.36 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Andrzej Strojek birth 1864 2.jpg



Andrzej Strojek birth 1864.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  291.63 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Andrzej Strojek birth 1864.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Replies: 1815
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:10 am      Post subject: Re: Polish translation birth record
Reply with quote

ohiopolishgurl1972 wrote:
Marcel,

I have two birth records for the same child, which I understand is unusual, so I have two documents attached. There was a notation that the birth record was rewritten and perhaps I'll soon know why. Would you please translate these birth records for Andrzej Strojek from 1864? I know his parents were Jan Strojek and Marianna Walczak and this is from Koniusza Parish. I am very new to looking at these documents, but am learning as I go. Thank you in advance.



103
Łyszkowice

It happened in Koniusza on the 6th day of November 1865, at 9 a.m. According to the recsript of the Civil Tribunal of the Radom Governorate in Kielce town, dated 31st day March of the current year, numer 1663, because of the fact that the act was not signed by the late Koniusza Civil Registrar, appeared:
Jan Strojek, farmer from Łyszkowice, 29 years old, in the presence of Feliks Wilk, 36 years old and Jan Zębala, 24 years old, farmers from Łyszkowice, and presented Us a male child and declared that the child was born in Łyszkowice on the 30th day of October of the previoous year with his wife Marianna nee Walczak, at 2 a.m., 27 years old. At The Holy Baptism held on the 30th day of October of the previous year, by the priest Pius Mrozicki, vicar priest, in Koniusza, the child was given the name: Andrzej, and the godparents were: Franciszek Pryk and Marianna Zębalina.
This act was read to the illiterate declarants and signed by us.
Priest Wojciech Soroll, Koniusza parish Civil Registrar.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


94
Łyszkowice

It happened in Koniusza on the 30th day of October 1864, at 2 p.m. Appeared Jan Strojek, farmer from Łyszkowice, 28 years old, in the presence of Andrzej Wilk, 40 years old and Andrzej Pryk, 45 years old, farmers from Łyszkowice and presented Ua a male child, declaring that the child was born today in Łyszkowice, at 9 a.m., with his wife Marianna nee Walczak, 26 years old.
At The Holy Baptism, held today, by the vicar priest from koniusza Karisz, Pius Mrozicki, the child was given the name Andrzej and the godparents were: Franciszek Pryk and Marianna Zębalina.
This act was read to the illiterate declarants and signed by Us.

_________________
If you would like to show your appreciation for the arduous and time-consuming translations, you can do it at my PAYPAL account using this email: [email protected]
View user's profile
Send private message
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Replies: 1815
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:47 am      Post subject: Re: Please translate Jan Krygier marriage record
Reply with quote

mcdonald0517 wrote:
Hello,

When you have the time, please translate this 1817 marriage record for Jan Krygier and Anna Krystyna Buk (?). It is act 60 on the page.

Thanks so much!
Cynthia



60

It happened on the 9th day of November 1817.
In front of Us, Jeżów parish parson, serving as Civil Registrar for Jeżów town and parish, located in Rawa district in Mazowieckie voivodeship, appeared:

Jan Krygier, a young man, 20 years old - according to the birth record extracted from the Łękno church books, living in Kolonia Katarzynów. He appeared in the presence of his mother Ewa Szmit. His father, Marcin Krygier is already late

and

Krystyna Buk, 38 years old - according to the attached affidavit, widow after late Michał Krygier - accordiong tot he death act she showed. living in Koninia Katarzynów, daughter of late parents: Maciej Buk and Rozyna nee Kisser.

Both parties demand Us to began arranged between them marriage, whose announcements came out in front of the door of our [commune] house, it is:, the first one of the 19th and the second on the 26th day of October of the current year, at the 12 o'clock at noon. We were not informed about any obstacles to this marriage. Parents gave permission for this marriage. We read all the papers, from which it turns out that legally required formalities have been fulfilled. After reading to the parties and the witnesses all the aforementioned documents and the 6th chapter of the Napoleonic Civil Code, titled: "About Marriage", we asked the future spouse [him] and a future spouse [her] if they want to marry with each other. When each of them separately responded that this is their will, we declare in the name of law that Jan Krygier and Krystyna Buk are joined in the marriage union.
This act was wrote down in the presence of Piotr Cholewiński and Krzysztof Krygier, as well as Jędrzej Krygier and Gottlib Feyman, all from Kolonia Katarzynów, all of age.
We read this act and signed it, because newlyweds and witnesses are illiterate,

Priest Beda Krzysztofowicz.

_________________
If you would like to show your appreciation for the arduous and time-consuming translations, you can do it at my PAYPAL account using this email: [email protected]
View user's profile
Send private message
jackiewisniewski



Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Replies: 48
Location: Riverside, IL., USA

Back to top
Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:17 am      Post subject: News article not translating clearly
Reply with quote

Good morning!

I tried translating the highlighted portion of the attached news article via google, but as expected it's somewhat garbled. Since I've been tracing this family's long-standing disputes in the local news, the details have become very important. Could someone please accurately translate this for me? These are my google results:

Chałupnika Karola Wittka z Garek pow. Odolanow skazano na 1 rok ciężkiege więzienia za to, że w maju wzgl. mniejwięcej w połowie roku 1922 w Garkach nadużył do pozamałżeńskiego obcowania kobiety pozbawionej woli i umysłowo chorej, s mianowicie siostrzenicy swej Ernestyny Gottschling.

Chałupnik Karol Wittek from Garek county Odolanow was sentenced to 1 year in prison for having been imprisoned in May or more or less in the middle of 1922 in Garki, he abused a non-marital wife of a willless and mentally ill woman, namely niece of his Ernestyna Gottschling.

Jackie Very Happy



13_Dec_1927_Witek_Gottschling_News-2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  341.43 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

13_Dec_1927_Witek_Gottschling_News-2.jpg


View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Replies: 1815
Location: Poland

Back to top
Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:42 pm      Post subject: Re: News article not translating clearly
Reply with quote

jackiewisniewski wrote:
Good morning!

I tried translating the highlighted portion of the attached news article via google, but as expected it's somewhat garbled. Since I've been tracing this family's long-standing disputes in the local news, the details have become very important. Could someone please accurately translate this for me? These are my google results:

Chałupnika Karola Wittka z Garek pow. Odolanow skazano na 1 rok ciężkiege więzienia za to, że w maju wzgl. mniejwięcej w połowie roku 1922 w Garkach nadużył do pozamałżeńskiego obcowania kobiety pozbawionej woli i umysłowo chorej, s mianowicie siostrzenicy swej Ernestyny Gottschling.

Chałupnik Karol Wittek from Garek county Odolanow was sentenced to 1 year in prison for having been imprisoned in May or more or less in the middle of 1922 in Garki, he abused a non-marital wife of a willless and mentally ill woman, namely niece of his Ernestyna Gottschling.

Jackie Very Happy


Judicial chronicle

During the main court hearing of the 1st Criminal Law Division of The District Court on the 30th day of November 1927 Jan Nowak was put into the dock, worker from Sulmierzyce, charged with stealing against Stanisława Chowańcowa on August 1927 in Sulmierzyce. He stole a bag and belt during roofing works at Chowańcowa's. After a trial, he was sentenced for simple larceny to 4 months in jail.
Karol Wittke, cotter (farmer) from Garki located in Odolanów county was sentenced to 1 year of heavy prison for the extramarital intercourse with a deprived of will and mentally ill woman on May 1922 or in the middle of the year 1922. It happened in Garki. This woman was his niece (sister's daughter) and her name was Ernestyna Gottschling.

_________________
If you would like to show your appreciation for the arduous and time-consuming translations, you can do it at my PAYPAL account using this email: [email protected]
View user's profile
Send private message
mcdonald0517
PolishOrigins Patron


Joined: 27 May 2012
Replies: 545

Back to top
Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:49 pm      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Thank you for translating the Latin document mixed in with the Polish ones for the marriage appendices - I didn't even notice that!

I look forward to investigating the clues you provided through the translation!

Best,
Cynthia
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
zise



Joined: 08 Dec 2016
Replies: 26

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:23 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

HI Marcel

I finally got today the attachments, from the radom archive,
I post it here, can you please translate it?
I hope that it would shed more light to this.


thanks

zise



58_144_0_2_A013_0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.58 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

58_144_0_2_A013_0003.jpg



58_144_0_2_A013_0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.66 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

58_144_0_2_A013_0001.jpg



58_144_0_2_A013_0002-converted.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  58_144_0_2_A013_0002-converted.pdf
 Filesize:  2.94 MB
 Downloaded:  2 Time(s)

View user's profile
Send private message
jackiewisniewski



Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Replies: 48
Location: Riverside, IL., USA

Back to top
Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:26 am      Post subject: Re: News article not translating clearly
Reply with quote

marcelproust wrote:
jackiewisniewski wrote:
Good morning!

I tried translating the highlighted portion of the attached news article via google, but as expected it's somewhat garbled. Since I've been tracing this family's long-standing disputes in the local news, the details have become very important. Could someone please accurately translate this for me? These are my google results:

Chałupnika Karola Wittka z Garek pow. Odolanow skazano na 1 rok ciężkiege więzienia za to, że w maju wzgl. mniejwięcej w połowie roku 1922 w Garkach nadużył do pozamałżeńskiego obcowania kobiety pozbawionej woli i umysłowo chorej, s mianowicie siostrzenicy swej Ernestyny Gottschling.

Chałupnik Karol Wittek from Garek county Odolanow was sentenced to 1 year in prison for having been imprisoned in May or more or less in the middle of 1922 in Garki, he abused a non-marital wife of a willless and mentally ill woman, namely niece of his Ernestyna Gottschling.

Jackie Very Happy


Judicial chronicle

During the main court hearing of the 1st Criminal Law Division of The District Court on the 30th day of November 1927 Jan Nowak was put into the dock, worker from Sulmierzyce, charged with stealing against Stanisława Chowańcowa on August 1927 in Sulmierzyce. He stole a bag and belt during roofing works at Chowańcowa's. After a trial, he was sentenced for simple larceny to 4 months in jail.
Karol Wittke, cotter (farmer) from Garki located in Odolanów county was sentenced to 1 year of heavy prison for the extramarital intercourse with a deprived of will and mentally ill woman on May 1922 or in the middle of the year 1922. It happened in Garki. This woman was his niece (sister's daughter) and her name was Ernestyna Gottschling.


Thank you so much, Marcel!!

Jackie
View user's profile
Send private message
Send e-mail
Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 448, 449, 450  Next Page 449 of 450

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB ©

© 2019 COPYRIGHTS BY THE OWNER OF POLISHORIGINS.COM