PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:07 pm      Post subject: Poznan Marriage

Hello,

When looking in the poznan project, I found my ancestor's marriage:

Catholic parish Gniezno - par. św. Trójcy [Gnesen-Hl.Dreifaltigkeit]
entry 5 / 1817
Ignatius Reczyński alias Raczyński (23 years old) 100%
Antonina Wysocka nee Piechocka (31 years old, widow)

I tried to find the microfilm on familysearch (because that is what I prefer to szukajwarchiwach)

I think I found it, microfilm 8020517

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSXF-1723-R?i=23&cat=425182

on image 24, his name is in big caps on the page, but I don't see the wife's name Antonia anywhere (it also appears on page 25 and is rewritten). I've seen a lot of marriage documents in polish but this is the first one I've seen like this.

If anyone can take a look I'd appreciate it. I have to figure it's the right one. Thank you
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 2782

Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:05 pm      Post subject: Re: Poznan Marriage

a4u2fear wrote:
Hello,

When looking in the poznan project, I found my ancestor's marriage:

Catholic parish Gniezno - par. św. Trójcy [Gnesen-Hl.Dreifaltigkeit]
entry 5 / 1817
Ignatius Reczyński alias Raczyński (23 years old) 100%
Antonina Wysocka nee Piechocka (31 years old, widow)

I tried to find the microfilm on familysearch (because that is what I prefer to szukajwarchiwach)

I think I found it, microfilm 8020517

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSXF-1723-R?i=23&cat=425182

on image 24, his name is in big caps on the page, but I don't see the wife's name Antonia anywhere (it also appears on page 25 and is rewritten). I've seen a lot of marriage documents in polish but this is the first one I've seen like this.

If anyone can take a look I'd appreciate it. I have to figure it's the right one. Thank you

Hi

There are a few reasons why you don’t recognize the record. It is in Latin, not in Polish. The Ignacy Raczynski at the top of the page is not the man who married Antonina. He was the archbishop of Gniezno at that time. Image 24 is a dispensation from consanguinity and affinity which was granted by the archbishop for the marriage of Andrzej Jakubowski and Katarzyna Jaczkiewicz. The image on the next page is not a repeat of the previous record. It is a dispensation from a bunch of impediments for the marriage of Szybczynski & Szymanska. The reason the name Ignacy Raczynski is written so large is because he is the archbishop and the one granting the dispensations. After his name all his titles are listed.

The link you posted is for films of records for the wrong parish in Gniezno. They are for the parish of Saint Lawrence (św. Wawrzyńca). The parish you need is the parish of the Holy Trinity (św. Trójcy).
Here is a link to Family Search catalog for the correct parish:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/167010?availability=Family%20History%20Library
Unfortunately, the films for that parish can only be viewed with restrictions and even more unfortunately, it appears that marriages for 1817 are missing on the films for that parish.

Sorry to be the bearer of so much bad news.

Dave
mcdonald0517
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 961

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:42 pm      Post subject:

Hello,

If you look at the original index in Poznan Project for your ancestors and click on "get the original record", there is a note as to where the record can be found. There is also a link in that note that gives you information on how to contact the archive in English to get a record for private genealogy purposes:

http://www.archiwum.archidiecezja.pl/en/the-archdiocesan-archive-of-gniezno/information-for-genealogists.html

Perhaps you can write to them to request a copy of the record.

Best,
Cynthia
Send e-mail
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:26 pm      Post subject:

thank you both for your time and suggestions.....

I'm surprised the marriage is on the poznan project but not available on a microfilm. Maybe someone misprinted the dates on familysearch. I will try requesting a record from the link

thanks.
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:48 pm      Post subject:

Has anyone ever used:

2. Private aims

If you like to request a genealogical search for private aims, please contact the "Past and Future" agency from Gniezno; e-mail: [email protected]; web site: www.pastandfuture.pl.

You can write in English.

I’m just curious, they are requesting $
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: