PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 11

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:29 am      Post subject: surnames Stafira, Zmuda, Jasien, & Wierzba

With the help of Shellie, I've been able to find some new names on my family tree! Would anyone have any information on these surnames?

Thanks,
Renee
babblingbrook

Replies: 46

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:59 pm      Post subject:

Hi Renee,
I believe Shellie already sent you an email with me included. I have a majority of those names in my family as well and have lots of info. I am a bit stuck at the moment with the Jasien info I need but can likely be of help on the other names.
Bonnie
rfacianagump

Post Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:26 pm      Post subject:

Ah! So you're Bonnie! Smile I actually have half of an email composed in my drafts to you! Many of these names are new to me so I'm happy to hear any and all information that I can on them!

Talk to you soon,
Renee
babblingbrook

Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:44 am      Post subject:

hmm maybe in email you can share your tree so far and i can jump in with help, otherwise i do not know where to start. likely we are related, if you are a zmuda in any way. i can add any info i can to what you send. am not sure if oliver has shared stuff with you already, but if not, he and i have shared quite a bit, especially after my trip to odrowaz this spring. of course without shellie we all would be nowhere! that is the best thing i can recommend, am happy to help.
rfacianagump

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:48 am      Post subject:

Hi Bonnie,

Here's the portion of the tree that Shellie sent me.

stafira_bronislawa_565.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  40.12 KB
 Viewed:  10651 Time(s)

stafira_bronislawa_565.jpg

rfacianagump

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:49 am      Post subject:

I should have mentioned that Bronislawa Stafira is my great-grandmother.
babblingbrook

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:47 am      Post subject:

ok and is that as far as you are, because i can add lots and lots to it? let me see if i can find your email address from the one shellie cc'ed me
babblingbrook

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:20 pm      Post subject:

Renee,
have sent you an email, let me know on here if you do not get it.
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:45 pm      Post subject:

Hi Renee and Bonnie!!!!
I'm off to Poland tomorrow - I can't wait to meet my cousins in Rebizanty and Huta Rozaniecka in southeastern Poland. It looks like you are off and running with this, so I'll look forward to seeing what you've discovered when I return.
rfacianagump

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:32 pm      Post subject:

Hi Shellie and Bonnie,

Shellie- have tons of fun in Poland! I can't wait to see pictures! Bonnie, yes I did get your email! Thank you so much and I'll be sure to reply tonight or tomorrow!
Stafira

Replies: 3

Post Posted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:22 pm      Post subject: Stafira - looking for my roots

Dear Shellie,
it's a pleasure reading and hearing about potential roots in this forum.
My name is Csaba Horváth, and I am looking for my roots in Poland/Slovakia. My mother's name is Zsuzsanna Stafira and her grandfather was István Stafira (Poland?1874- Végegyháza, Hungary, 1950). Maybe he was born in Poland/Slovakia or in Hungary and his father came from Poland/Slovakia. 

I have found somebody who was called János Stafirek, very similar to Jan Stafira in a hungarian document in which he was asking a constent to settle in Végegyháza as a head of a falmily, between 1838-1858.

Lot of slovakian came to South-Hungary, for example to Végegyháza, from Árva, Zólyom Bereg county) around 1800-1900.
I would appritiate if we could direclty communicate via e-mail as well to get more details about Stafira family.

Thank you in advance,
Kind regards,
Csaba Horváth
[email protected]
Send e-mail
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 pm      Post subject: Re: Stafira - looking for my roots

Hi Csaba,
Thanks for contacting me. I am happy to share any information that could help you and I am especially happy that you posted your message here so other people with Stafira ancestors can read you message. I will email you soon.

Best Regards,
Shellie

Stafira wrote:
Dear Shellie,
My name is Csaba Horváth, and I am looking for my roots in Poland/Slovakia. My mother's name is Zsuzsanna Stafira and her grandfather was István Stafira (Poland?1874- Végegyháza, Hungary, 1950). Maybe he was born in Poland/Slovakia or in Hungary and his father came from Poland/Slovakia. 

I have found somebody who was called János Stafirek, very similar to Jan Stafira in a hungarian document in which he was asking a constent to settle in Végegyháza as a head of a falmily, between 1838-1858.

Lot of slovakian came to South-Hungary, for example to Végegyháza, from Árva, Zólyom Bereg county) around 1800-1900.
I would appritiate if we could direclty communicate via e-mail as well to get more details about Stafira family.

Thank you in advance,
Kind regards,
Csaba Horváth
[email protected]
rjaremus

Replies: 29

Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:48 pm      Post subject: Hungarian connections to Podhale

Csaba,

I do not know about your Polish - Hungarian ancestral connection but, in case you are not aware of it, there is a famous Hungarian castle that is located in the Pieniny area of the Podhale - the Niedzica Castle. It was built by Hungarians and was some sort of outpost for centuries up until about WWII. I think the castle was built in the 14th century. So the Hungarians must have had some kind of presence in the Podhale region. You might want to look into that as I would think there is a good chance that your Hungarian relative might have some kind of connection to the castle. I wonder if the Pieniny people are Hungarians?? Good luck.
Send e-mail
Stafira

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:30 am      Post subject: Re: Stafira - looking for my roots

Shellie wrote:
Hi Csaba,
Thanks for contacting me. I am happy to share any information that could help you and I am especially happy that you posted your message here so other people with Stafira ancestors can read you message. I will email you soon.

Best Regards,
Shellie

Stafira wrote:
Dear Shellie,

Thank you in advance,
Kind regards,
Csaba Horváth
[email protected]

Hi Shellie,

Thank you, waiting for your mail.

Best regards,
Csaba
Send e-mail
Stafira

Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:40 am      Post subject: Re: Hungarian connections to Podhale

rjaremus wrote:
Csaba,

I do not know about your Polish - Hungarian ancestral connection but, in case you are not aware of it, there is a famous Hungarian castle that is located in the Pieniny area of the Podhale - the Niedzica Castle. It was built by Hungarians and was some sort of outpost for centuries up until about WWII. I think the castle was built in the 14th century. So the Hungarians must have had some kind of presence in the Podhale region. You might want to look into that as I would think there is a good chance that your Hungarian relative might have some kind of connection to the castle. I wonder if the Pieniny people are Hungarians?? Good luck.

Hi,

Stafira is a Polish/Slovakian family origination. Some of them came to south Hungary (at that time Árva county was also a Hungarian territory). That is how some of them became Hungarian.

Best regards,
Csaba
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Origins of surnames All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next Page 1 of 2

Jump to: