PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Latin records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1820

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:30 pm      Post subject: Re: Thomas Kostecki Death Record?

Kurt1322 wrote:
Can someone please help me with the translation of this death record from the parish of Zon Poland? I believe that it is Thomas Kostecki who died at 70 years old, but I want to verify that it is a record of his death and not that his is just a witness to another persons death. I would appreciate this so very much.

Thank you,

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

The record you posted is indeed that of the death of Tomasz Kostecki. The record is in Polish, not in Latin. Since you are not asking for a complete translation here is an extract of the important data.

Village: Zbyszewice
Date of report of death (Akt): October 14, 1813
Informants: Andrzej Kostecki age 48; Antoni Rybicki, age 30
Date of Death: October 12, 1813
Deceased: Tomasz Kostecki, a widower, age 78
Cause of Death: Edema aka Dropsy (na puchlinę)

Happy Thanksgiving.

Dave
a4u2fear

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:33 am      Post subject:

dave, thanks so much for the translation. happy thanksgiving.
adamsam

Replies: 46

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:32 pm      Post subject: marriage Obiala - Piasecka Brudnia 1825

It has been along time, but I finally found the marriage record I've been looking for and was hoping to get a translation.
what I can read:
groom: Adalbertos Obiala age 32
bride: Marianna Piasecka age 20
date: 15 October 1825
Groom parents: deceased
Brides parents: Father: Adlbertos
Mother: deceased
Interested in names of sponsors and and places of birth, etc.
Your help is much appreciated

Obiala-Piasecka marriage Brudnia 1825.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  447.27 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Obiala-Piasecka marriage Brudnia 1825.PNG

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:54 pm      Post subject: Re: marriage Obiala - Piasecka Brudnia 1825

adamsam wrote:
It has been along time, but I finally found the marriage record I've been looking for and was hoping to get a translation.
what I can read:
groom: Adalbertos Obiala age 32
bride: Marianna Piasecka age 20
date: 15 October 1825
Groom parents: deceased
Brides parents: Father: Adlbertos
Mother: deceased
Interested in names of sponsors and and places of birth, etc.
Your help is much appreciated

Hi,

The places of birth of the bride and the groom are not given. The places named in the entry are those of their residence at the time of the wedding without any indication of whether or not they were born in those places. I’m not sure of the spelling of the surname of the first witness, but am of the other two witnesses.

Here is the translation. I hope it helps you.

Dave

Col. 1: Numerus = Number (for the year): 6
Col. 2: Dies et Mensis Copulationis = The Day and Month of the Marriage: 1825 d. 15ta Octobr(is) = The 15th day of October 1825
Col. 3: Nomen Sacerdotis Benedicentis Matrimonium = The Name of the Priest blessing the Marriage: Idem = The same
Col. 4: Nomen et Cognomen Copulatorum, demominato domicilii, status artis vel conditionis vitae, mentio trium promulgationum et quos nullum adfuit impedimentum = The First Name and Surname of those marrying, (their) place of residence, status of art or condition of life, mention of the three announcements of the banns and whether an impediment was present: Adalbertus Obiała juvenis de Brudnia et Marianna Piasecka virgo de Ośniszczewko. Denuntiationes promulgatae, nullum impedimentum detectum = Wojciech Obiała, a single young man from Brudnia and Maryanna Piasecka, a maiden from Ośniszczewko. The banns were promulgated, no impediment was detected.
Col. 5: Num copulati vel una pars eorum antea vinculo matrimonii obstricti aut obstricta fuit, num sub potestate patrentum vel tutorum existunt. = Whether one of them already had been bound by the state of matrimony or if not, whether they remained to this time under the tutelage of (their) parents or guardians: Ut supra = As above (The above statement probably read something like: “Neither had been bound by a previous marriage.”)
Col. 6: Aetas = Age
Col. 6a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: 32
Col. 6b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: 20
Col. 7: Religio = Religion
Col. 7a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Catholic
Col. 7b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: Catholic
Col. 8: Nomen et Cognomen Parentum = Given & Surname of the Parents
Col. 8a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Mortui sunt = They are deceased
Col. 8b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: Adalbertus vivit Mater mortua = Wojciech (the father) is living; the mother is deceased
Col. 9: Num cum Consensu Parentum vel Tutorum vel Judicii Tutelaris Matrimonium Contractum Sit. = Whether the marriage was contracted with the Consent of the Parents or of the Guardians or of the Court of Guardianship: Patris = (With the consent) of the father (of the bride, i.e. Wojciech)
Col. 10: Testes = Witnesses: Antonius Morz?wicki, Gregor(ius) Motylewski et Thomas Kościński = Antoni Morz?wicki, Grzegorz Motylewski and Tomasz Kościński
Col. 11: Annotationes = Notations: Blank
adamsam

Replies: 46

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:42 am      Post subject: marriage Obiala - Piasecka Brudnia 1825

Thank you for the translations and the quick response. Yes it helps in my research and I may be able the unscramble the name as it (name) with those letters appears in other family documents.
Adam
zolkie

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:42 pm      Post subject: Nobility titles

Good evening.
I found some birth/baptismal records in FamilySearch which are images from the Roman Catholic parish in Zbaraż.
I've learned the basic things to look for in translating the Latin records, but came across some interesting notations in a couple of the records which I'm curious about. I'm attaching two baptismal records, but I'm most interested in the information listed under the father. I suspect Jósef and Tomasz Wszelaczynski are related somehow, but each has additional information written following their surname. I suspect the information has to do with their standing in the community (is one a judge and one a governor?), but would love to get a formal translation.
Thanks!

BA Ewa WSZELACZYNSKI 1818.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.07 MB

BA Ewa WSZELACZYNSKI 1818.png

BA Baltazar WSZELACZYNSKI 1818 635 of 871.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.39 MB

BA Baltazar WSZELACZYNSKI 1818  635 of 871.png

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:36 am      Post subject: Re: Nobility titles

zolkie wrote:
Good evening.
I found some birth/baptismal records in FamilySearch which are images from the Roman Catholic parish in Zbaraż.
I've learned the basic things to look for in translating the Latin records, but came across some interesting notations in a couple of the records which I'm curious about. I'm attaching two baptismal records, but I'm most interested in the information listed under the father. I suspect Jósef and Tomasz Wszelaczynski are related somehow, but each has additional information written following their surname. I suspect the information has to do with their standing in the community (is one a judge and one a governor?), but would love to get a formal translation.
Thanks!

Good Morning,

I’ll be glad to translate the documents but I would request that you post the links to the records from Family Search. That will make it much easier to see the text and to provide a more accurate translation.

Thanks.

Dave
zolkie

Replies: 51

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:22 pm      Post subject:

Hi Dave!

I appreciate the help and I'm happy to post the links. I assume you have an account with FamilySearch.

Here are the records:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GRQ9-RV5?i=634&cc=1910265&cat=259691
(first entry)

and

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9RQ9-RXP?i=674&cc=1910265&cat=259691
(last entry on first page)

Thanks again!
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:40 pm      Post subject:

zolkie wrote:
Hi Dave!

I appreciate the help and I'm happy to post the links. I assume you have an account with FamilySearch.

Here are the records:

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GRQ9-RV5?i=634&cc=1910265&cat=259691
(first entry)

and

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9RQ9-RXP?i=674&cc=1910265&cat=259691
(last entry on first page)

Thanks again!

Hi,

Thanks for the links. They did make the text easier to read.

Józef and Tomasz were related since they both had the same alias/”nickname” but the two records do not spell out their exact relationship.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Dave

Here is the record of Baltazar Tytus.

Col. 1: Series = Number in Order: Missing

Col. 2: Mensis = Month: January

Col. 2a: Natus = Of Birth: 2

Col. 2b: Baptisatus = Of Baptism: 2

Col. 3: Numerus Domus = House Number: 536

Col. 4: Nomen = Name (of person baptized): Baltazar Titus binom. = Baltazar Tytus, two names

Col. 4: Religio = Religion
Col. 4a: Catholica = Catholic: Checked
Col. 4b: Aut alia = Or another: Blank

Col. 5: Sexus = Gender
Col. 5a: Puer = Boy: Checked
Col. 5b: Puella = Girl: Blank

Col. 6: Thori = Bed
Col. 6a. Legitimi = Legitimate: Checked
Col. 6b: Illegitimi = Illegitimate: Blank

Col. 7: Parentes = Parents
Col. 7a: Nomen = Name: Nobilis* Josephus Wszelaczynski alias** Cybulski Presens Magister*** Zbaraz = The noble* Józef Wszelaczynski alias** Cybulski, the current master/mayor*** of Zbaraż
Col. 7b: Conditio = State of Life/Occupation: (The name of the child’s mother is recorded in this column.): Eva Turzańska = Ewa Turzańska

Col. 8: Patrini = Sponsors:
Col. 8a: Nomen = Name(s): Joannes Sawicki, Thecla Wszelaczyńska of
Col. 8b: Conditio = State of Life/Occupation: Assesor**** (should be Assessor) Zbaraz Nobiles = Assessor/judge/alderman**** of Zbaraż, nobles

Notes: *nobilis/noble: Nobilis/noble: usually used for owners/leaseholders of a parcel of land
**alias: Members of the szlachta sometimes used an alias/”nickname” to distinguish one extended family of the same surname from others of the same surname.
***Magister is one of those Latin words which had more than one meaning, depending on the context. Here it would appear that “mayor” fits best.
****Assessor is another Latin word which had more than one meaning. Here it appears that “alderman” fits very well.

Here is the record of Ewa.

Col. 1: Series = Number in Order: Missing

Col. 2: Mensis = Month: April

Col. 2a: Natus = Of Birth: December 20, 1818

Col. 2b: Baptisatus = Of Baptism: April 12, 1819

Col. 3: Numerus Domus = House Number: 505

Col. 4: Nomen = Name (of person baptized): Ewa

Col. 4: Religio = Religion
Col. 4a: Catholica = Catholic: Checked
Col. 4b: Aut alia = Or another: Blank

Col. 5: Sexus = Gender
Col. 5a: Puer = Boy: Blank
Col. 5b: Puella = Girl: Checked

Col. 6: Thori = Bed
Col. 6a. Legitimi = Legitimate: Checked
Col. 6b: Illegitimi = Illegitimate: Blank

Col. 7: Parentes = Parents
Col. 7a: Nomen = Name: M(agnificus) D(ominus)* Thomas Wszelaczynski alias** Cybulski just(icarius?) et judex in Lubianki. M(agnifica) D(omina)* Thecla de Turzanska = The honorable Pan Tomasz Wszelaczynski alias** Cybulski, a justicar(?) and judge in Lubianki. Honorable Pani Tekla née Turzanska
Col. 7b: Conditio = State of Life/Occupation: Nobiles*** = Nobles

Col. 8: Patrini = Sponsors:
Col. 8a: Nomen = Name(s): Ambrosius Krystof(?); M(agnifica) D(omina)* Valburga Schmid = Ambrozy Krystof(?); Walburga (also spelled Walpurga) Schmid
Col. 8b: Conditio = State of Life/Occupation: Colonelus de CR Othelli*****; uxor Magistri**** Equitum ejus Regiminti = Colonel of CR Othelli*****; wife of the master of horse of his regiment

Notes: *Magnificus Dominus/Magnifica Domina/Honorable Pan/Honorable Pani: Titles used for court officials
**Members of the szlachta sometimes used an alias/”nickname” to distinguish one extended family of the same surname from others of the same surname.
***Nobiles/nobles: usually used for owners/leaseholders of a parcel of land
****Magister is one of those Latin words which had more than one meaning, depending on the context. Here it would appear that “master” fits best.
*****CR Othelli: Name of his regiment. It would require researching the Austrian Army of that time to determine more about the regiment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 Page 163 of 163

Jump to: