PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:28 pm      Post subject: Stanislaw Chrzanowski 1920-1944

I was finally able to connect with family and learned that the Stanislaw buried with my father was his brother who was burned alive by the Nazis on 10/23/44 (that date is per the grave).

How can I find out more about the circumstances of Stanislaw's death? I think he was in Radom Prison at some point.

Is there a specific major event that happened on 10/23/44? He is buried with my dad in Jedrzejow. I've done an internet search with that date but nothing significant comes up. I guess he could have been killed just because the Nazis felt like doing it that day.

Thank you.

received_265035307508134.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.35 MB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

received_265035307508134.jpeg

aleksanderz
PolishOrigins Team

Replies: 56

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:29 am      Post subject:

According to the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum's materials (which were copied from the State Archives in Radom materials), there were three prisoners in Radom Prison named Stanisław Chrzanowski. They were sons of Antoni, Józef and Władysław. Perhaps one of them was your father's brother?

You could contact either the USHMM or the State Archives in Radom to learn more.

Here is my source: https://collections.ushmm.org/findingaids/RG-15.112M_01_fnd_en.pdf. They are mentioned on page 33.

Good luck!
Jozef12413

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:11 pm      Post subject:

I think I filed a request with them a few weeks ago. I saw the prison list and he was #439. My dad's father was Piotr but maybe my dad Jozef was listed as "next of kin" for Stanislaw? It seems every answer creates more questions. I know all family members were/are Catholic so I can only assume Stanislaw was killed for helping the Jews? I would just like to find out the exact circumstances if possible. Thank you for your suggestion!

20181201_161422.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  52.92 KB

20181201_161422.jpg

IMG_20181201_121551_001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.6 KB

IMG_20181201_121551_001.jpg

[email protected]

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:53 am      Post subject: Radom Prison

Hi, I think my father was in Radom prison and may be also his father, His name was Mieczyslaw Jakubowski and he was born in Brodnica Poland in 1924 but somehow he got to Scotland and joined the Polish Paratroop Brigade, I have been to Poland many times the first time was 1965 we travelled from Bristol to Brodnica by train going through Berlin when the Berlin Wall was still in use.

Kind Regards
Mike Jakubowski.

Send e-mail
[email protected]

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:53 am      Post subject: Radom Prison

Hi, I think my father was in Radom prison and may be also his father, His name was Mieczyslaw Jakubowski and he was born in Brodnica Poland in 1924 but somehow he got to Scotland and joined the Polish Paratroop Brigade, I have been to Poland many times the first time was 1965 we travelled from Bristol to Brodnica by train going through Berlin when the Berlin Wall was still in use.

Kind Regards
Mike Jakubowski.

Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> In search of relatives / Poszukiwani krewni All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: