PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:45 pm      Post subject: Ludzmierz - Near Nowy Targ

Hello, all I have ancestors from Ludzmierz, and if you do please drop a note below.

Ludźmierz is a village in Poland in the Lesser Poland voivodeship, in the county of Nowy Targ. Ludźmierz is the oldest village in Podhale and is located about 85 kilometres south of Kraków. It lies approximately 3 kilometres (2 mi) west of Nowy Targ and 66 km (41 mi) south of the regional capital Kraków.

Some surnames that come from Ludzmierz include the following:

Borzecki, Bryja, Cebulska, Cison, Czaja, Długopolska, Dyda, Fit, Gacek, Gorz, Handzel, Jachymiak, Komperda, Koscielniak, Kozina, Kruzel, Kwak, Labuda, Lapczynski, Maloncosz, Myrdec, Przerwa-Tetmajer, Radecki, Rzepka, Sayko, Shuta, Sojka, Sopiarz, Szczech, Szczepaniak, Szojka, Tetmajer, Tylka

Please drop a note if you know anymore

The church in Ludzmierz's website is ( http://www.mbludzm.pl/ ). Ludzmierz is one of the oldest towns in the Podhale.

If you have ancestors from Ludzmierz, please leave a note, so we can collaborate about this. If we all talk we can find our ancestors, which we all know is a great experience.
Ute
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 593

Post Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:48 am      Post subject: Re: Ludzmierz - Near Nowy Targ

jamestelkowski wrote:

If you have ancestors from Ludzmierz, please leave a note, so we can collaborate about this. If we all talk we can find our ancestors, which we all know is a great experience.

James,
I had started a chart on Ludzmierz immigrants to the US in 2012, but had to quit for family reasons. I don't have the time at the moment to complete it, but thought it might be helpful to post at least the version I had put together so far. Any additions or corrections are appreciated.
I posted the chart under the forum topic "Emigration" that I'm hosting: http://forum.polishorigins.com/viewtopic.php?t=3519
Ute
Shellie
PO Top Contributor & Patron

Replies: 998

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:40 pm      Post subject:

James,
I thought you might like these old photos from Ludźmierz found at the National Digital Archives at https://audiovis.nac.gov.pl/search/
When searching their site, be sure to use Polish letters to spell Ludźmierz - Spelling it with an English z resulted in no images. Using the proper Polish spelling brought up at least 16 images associated with Ludźmierz.

LUDc.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.74 MB
 Viewed:  8053 Time(s)

LUDc.png

LUDb.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.81 MB

LUDb.png

LUDa.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.76 MB

LUDa.png

jamestelkowski

Replies: 8

Post Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:54 pm      Post subject:

Shellie wrote:
James,
I thought you might like these old photos from Ludźmierz found at the National Digital Archives at https://audiovis.nac.gov.pl/search/
When searching their site, be sure to use Polish letters to spell Ludźmierz - Spelling it with an English z resulted in no images. Using the proper Polish spelling brought up at least 16 images associated with Ludźmierz.

Thank you Shellie
PolishPrincess2

Replies: 5

Post Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:27 pm      Post subject:

I am currently trying to research the Kwak family from Ludźmierz. On my grandfather's US passport application (Szymon Kwak) from 1922 has an affidavit from his mother, Maryanna Kwak (90), requesting he return to Ludźmierz so she could see him before she passed. She mentions she has another son, Ludwik Kwak and a daughter Wiktorya Kway Czaja both living in Ludźmierz at that time.

Szymon Kwak arrived in the US on June 3, 1893 at the age of 30.

I have not been able to gather any additional information and would appreciate any insight.

Thank you and very excited just to see this forum.

Libby Weinman
myonick

Replies: 45

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:50 am      Post subject:

I found my great great grandmother Marianna Gorz born about 1839, but I don’t know the village of her birth.
Marianna parents; Adalbert Gorz and Anna Kucharski and the family was living in the village Lesnica at the time Marianna married Jan Las.
I did have research done in Poland to find Marianna’s birth village but they found nothing. They stated that Ludzmiez could be one of the villages to look into.
I am hoping you can help me find Marianna’s birth record or if the family ever lived in Ludzmierz.
Thank you and hoping to hear from you soon.
Mary Yonick
Send e-mail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Villages and towns of our ancestors' origins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: