PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Latin records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 167, 168, 169  Next
Author

Replies: 73

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:43 am      Post subject: document

it appears i forgot to attach, the bottom marriage
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:45 am      Post subject:

this should work this time!!

Capture.JPG
 Description:
my computer is fighting me sorry
 Filesize:  94.34 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

Capture.JPG

a4u2fear

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:46 am      Post subject:

Could someone also please translate the top line marriage for me

Thank you

Andrew Rachela marriage to Magdalena Kudrzynska 1877 film 8121155 img 527.jpg
 Description:
top line marriage only between Andrew Rachela and Magdalena
 Filesize:  1.56 MB

Andrew Rachela marriage to Magdalena Kudrzynska 1877 film 8121155 img 527.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 1902

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:23 pm      Post subject: Re: marriage translation

a4u2fear wrote:
Can you please translate the bottom marriage here between Ignatz Racynski and Antonina?

Thank you.

Hi,

Here is the Raczyński-Wysocka née Piechocka marriage.

Left Column: 224 On the 19th day of January in the year 1817
Body of Entry: I, Maciej Dutkiewicz, pastor of the parish church of the Most Holy Trinity ( św. Trócy) in Gniezno, after the three banns had been promulgated on Sundays in the presence of the people gathered together to hear the Divine Rites (i.e. Sunday Mass) and since no Canonical impediment had been detected, in the presence of the said congregation, confirmed and ratified the marriage legitimately contracted between the renowned* Ignacy Raczyński, a single young man of Grzybowo from the parish of Saint Michael (św. Michała) and Antonina née Piechocka Wysocka, widow of Jan, from Grzybowo from the parish of the Most Holy Trinity ( św. Trócy) in Gniezno. The witnesses (were) the renowned* Adam Kuszczyński, Kazimierz Piechocki, and Łukasz Gotowicz, all trustworthy citizens of Grzybowo.

Note: *famatus/renowned (Polish: sławetny): an adjective generally used to describe a middle class craftsman.

Happy New Year.

Dave
dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:28 pm      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
Could someone also please translate the top line marriage for me

Thank you

Hi again,

Here is the Rachela-Kudrzyńska marriage record.

Dave

Col. 1: Numerus = Number (for the year): 26
Col. 2: Annus et Dies Copulationis = The Year and Day of the Marriage: November 25, 1877
Col. 3: Nomen Sacerdotis Copulantis = The Name of the Officiating Priest (lit. of the marrying priest): A?jakowski, curatus = A?jakowski, the curate
Col. 4: Nomen et Cognomen Copulatorum, locus habitationis, conditio et professio, et utrum copulatio in ecclesia vel in aedibus privatis subsecuta = The First Name and Surname of those marrying, (their) place of residence, condition and profession, and whether the marriage followed in a church or in a private building: Andrzej Rachela, Magdalena Kudrzyńska. Both from Łopienno
Col. 5: Utrum in matrimonio jam vixere nec non utrum sub tutela parentum vel tutorum adhuc existant? Whether they already had lived in the state of matrimony or if not, whether they remained to this time under the tutelage of (their) parents or guardians? (Groom): a young man; (bride) a wife*
Col. 6: Aetas = Age
Col. 6a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: 30
Col. 6b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: 25
Col. 7: Religio = Religion
Col. 7a: Sponsi = Of the Groom: Catholic
Col. 7b: Sponsae = Of the Bride: Catholic
Col. 8: Consensus Parentum vel Tutorum = The Consent of the Parents or of the Guardians: Contracted a civil marriage on November 25, 1877
Col. 9: Proclamatio Bannorum = The Proclamation of the Banns: The 21st, 22nd, (&) 23rd Sundays after Pentecost**
Col. 10: Dispensatio a proclamatione = Dispensation from the proclamation (of the banns):
Col. 11: Testes = Witnesses: Adam Tomaszewski, Józef Tarnegrodcki
Col. 12: Adnotationes = Notations: None

Notes: * The contracted a civil marriage on the same day as their religious marriage. The civil ceremony took place before the religious ceremony and thus the bride is listed as a wife in the religious record.
**The dates are given in terms of the Catholic liturgical calendar in use at the time. To determine the dates according to the Gregorian calendar it would be necessary to determine the date of the Feast of Pentecost in 1877 and then to count the number of Sundays after that feast day.
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:19 pm      Post subject:

thank you dave on both accounts. your efforts are truly appreciated. happy new year
wavydave

Replies: 16

Post Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:25 pm      Post subject: Baptism record from 1870

Hi Dave - can you please let me know if I'm reading this baptism record from 1780 correctly? The infant baptised (on June 23 in Wasylkow) was named Antoni and was the son of noble Stefan Borowski and Marianna. Am I correct?

antoni_borowski_birth_june23_1780.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  790.04 KB

antoni_borowski_birth_june23_1780.png

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:23 am      Post subject: Re: Baptism record from 1870

wavydave wrote:
Hi Dave - can you please let me know if I'm reading this baptism record from 1780 correctly? The infant baptised (on June 23 in Wasylkow) was named Antoni and was the son of noble Stefan Borowski and Marianna. Am I correct?

Hi Dave,

Your reading is basically correct but a few tweaks will give you additional information. The child was given two names—Ignacy Antoni. The Latin reads “N(omin)ibus Ignatium Antonium” (“With the names Ignacy Antoni”). Another bit of information is the maiden name of the mother, which appears, apparently as an afterthought, above the final three letters of the mother’s given name (Mariannae). That part of the entry begins with “de” and ends with the final letters of the surname “skie” (of/née ….ski). Unfortunately I am not able to tell you her maiden name since I’m not able to determine all the letters of the name—especially the all important initial letters. Perhaps you’ll get a better handle on the name by trying to enlarge that portion of the image. Some of the other letters are problematic in that they appear to merge/overlap letters in the line above and the line below. A final tidbit—nobilis (Polish: szlachetny) was an adjective used to describe a member of the szlachta who was either an outright owner or a leaseholder of a parcel of land. His title in Polish would have been “Pan”.

Finally, the entry states that the child was born in Wasylkow. Whether or not he was also baptized there depends on whether or not that place was the site of the local parish. The date of the baptism was, as you said, June 23. His date of birth is not included in the entry.

Sorry that I can’t provide more info about the mother’s maiden name.

Hoping this clarifies the entry a bit,

Dave
EANWhitson

Replies: 359

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:06 pm      Post subject: Daniszewski record

Hi Dave!

Here is what I know about this record. Death record of Antoni Daniszewski, March 28, 1826 in Knyszyn. Parents are Joachim Daniszewski and Rozalia Urbanowicz.

Does this say that Joachim's father's name is Hyacinth and Rozalia's father's name is Kazmierz?

Anything else I am missing? Thanks!

Daniszewski, Antoni, d. 1826.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  551.27 KB

Description:
 Filesize:  551.27 KB

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:31 pm      Post subject: Re: Daniszewski record

EANWhitson wrote:
Hi Dave!

Here is what I know about this record. Death record of Antoni Daniszewski, March 28, 1826 in Knyszyn. Parents are Joachim Daniszewski and Rozalia Urbanowicz.

Does this say that Joachim's father's name is Hyacinth and Rozalia's father's name is Kazmierz?

Anything else I am missing? Thanks!

Hi

You have the correct parents and the maternal and paternal grandfathers. The Polish for Hyacinth is Jacenty. The child, Antoni, died on March 28, 1826 and was buried on March 30, 1826. He was 10 months old and was survived by his parents. One thing about the record which is a bit strange is that the adjective famatus modifies Antoni (famatum Antonium). Famatus/renowned (Polish: sławetny) was used to describe a middle class craftsman. Unless Antoni was a child genius the adjective should read famati and should modify the given name of his father. It just makes more sense that way.

Like Forrest Gump would say: “And that’s all I have to say about that.”

Hope you are having a good new year.

Dave
EANWhitson

Replies: 359

Post Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:56 am      Post subject:

Thank you, Dave! I've looked through the other deaths of the children, but as usual in early 1800s deaths in this area, very little is written other than the name, age and date, so I was very happy to see this and get names of grandparents too! Thank you!
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:20 am      Post subject: marriage translation

Looking to get the attached marriage translated, on Nov 10th below thanks

Martin Wysocki Antonia Piechocki marriage 1804 img43 film 8120967.jpg
 Description:
Nov 10 marriage Martin Wysocki and Antonina Piechocki
 Filesize:  1.64 MB

Martin Wysocki Antonia Piechocki marriage 1804 img43 film 8120967.jpg

a4u2fear

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:23 am      Post subject: marriage translation2

looking to get the bottom right marriage translated martin zuhlke catherine graczyk

Martin Zuhlke Marriage Cath Graczyk 1843 film 8120936 img 580.jpg
 Description:
bottom right martin zuhlke catherine graczyk
 Filesize:  1.02 MB

Martin Zuhlke Marriage Cath Graczyk 1843 film 8120936 img 580.jpg

dnowicki
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:03 pm      Post subject: Re: marriage translation2

a4u2fear wrote:
looking to get the bottom right marriage translated martin zuhlke catherine graczyk

Hi,

Here are the translations of the two marriage records you requested. If you request translations in the future please provide the location of the parish and any pertinent information you may know. This will make it quicker to translate the record without having to search for the geography involved. Unlike Polish or Russian civil transcripts Latin records usually do not name the parish within the entry.

Each record is one long sentence with subordinate clauses, which is very good Latin style. In English the entry would likely be considered a run-on sentence. I kept the translation as close to the Latin text as possible, although the English result may be a bit involved and certainly not favored by contemporary writers.

Dave

Zulke & Graczyk
Right margin: Popielary; the groom 27 years of age, the bride 19 years of age
Body of Entry: After the three banns had been promulgated and since no impediment had been detected, on the 12th day of November 1843 the same as above blessed the marriage between the upright* single young man Marcin Zülke, 27 years of age, the son of the legitimate Catholic marriage of Maciej Zülke and Maryanna Pankowska from Dębno of the parish of Mogilno, and the upright* maiden Katarzyna Graczyk, 19 years of age, the daughter of the legitimate Catholic marriage of Jan Graczyk and Maryanna Siekierska from Popielary in the presence of the witnesses Jan Pankowski and Roch ?aszkiewicz.

Note: *honestus/upright: an adjective used to describe a farmer from a small town or a village.

Wysocki & Piechocka
Right margin: Grzybowo illegible word on the 10th day of November 1804
Body of Entry: After the three proclamations of the banns had been promulgated in the parish church during the solemnities of (the Sunday) Masses and since no canonical impediment had been found, I, as above, joined together in marriage and also solemnly blessed the renowned* Marcin Wysocki, a single young man, a fisherman, 20 years of age, and the renowned Antonina Piechocka, a maiden, 17 years of age, in the Church under the title of Saint Michael after I had questioned them and had received their mutual consent in the presence of trustworthy men, the renowned Antoni Kuszczynski, Jan Piasecki, Sebastian Matikiewicz, and many other men gathered together (for the wedding).
Next Column: Number in sequence: 9
Final Column: Witness of the spouses: The groom: a single young man, 20 years of age. The bride: a maiden, 17 years of age.

Note: famatus/renowned: an adjective usually used to describe a middle class craftsman. Evidently fishermen were included in this group. The record does not specify the occupation of the bride nor why she merits the designation.
a4u2fear

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:40 am      Post subject:

Thank you very much dave, and I understand i'll post the parishes and other pertinent info in the future.

Andrew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 163, 164, 165 ... 167, 168, 169  Next Page 164 of 169

Jump to: