PolishOrigins Forum

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Polish records translations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 460, 461, 462 ... 578, 579, 580  Next
Author
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 4187

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:41 pm      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
Marcel,

please visit this scan https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSMZ-B74D-S?i=45&cat=736853

It does not matter which you look at, but im trying to look through these records, but I can't read them. Usually I can spot a name that is underlined to show the name of the baptised child.

I have been looking at the very end of each entry at the names/signatures to see if they are the one I'm looking for. Can you tell me if the father's names are always listed at the bottom? Or not?

Is there a better way to look for the names ?

Most often the person reporting the birth was a father. However, this is not the rule. Sometimes it was a midwife or someone else. Usually the declarant is mentioned at the beginning. A handwritten signature at the bottom of the document was rare at the time.
I attached a document in which I highlighted the places where the father is mentioned.

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  445.18 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

1.jpg

PAYPAL: [email protected]
marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:50 pm      Post subject: Re: City

Bchs0079 wrote:
Hi, I’m trying to find my Great Grandmother’s birth place. I received her vessel record from the Canadian Government. I am wondering if anyone can tell me where this place in Poland, or what the more recent city name is.
Thank you

maybe Zaszkowice

Read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zashkovychi

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:07 pm      Post subject: Re: Byczyna Parish Death Translation

David2019 wrote:
Hi,

Can you assist me with the finer details in my 4G grandfather's death record from Byczyna parish 1838?

Thanks,

Dave

Kwilno
Nr 16

It happened in Byczyna on the 1st day of May 1838, at 3 p.m.
Appeared: Mateusz Zieleński, land steward, 40 years old and Walenty Rosieński, farmhand, 40 years old, both living in Kwilno and they declared that on the 31st day od April of the current year, at 4 a.m. died nobleman Ignacy Dąbrowski, Kwilno village heir, 54 years old. He left:
his widowed wife Marcjanna Dąbrowska nee Tulibowska, 24 years old living in Kwilno,
his sister Elżbieta,
his two sons from his first marriage: Justyn and Franciszek
his two children from the second marriage: daughter Barbara and son Aureliusz.
After eye belief about Dąbrowski's death this act was read to the declarants and signed only by Us because the people mentioned in this act are illiterate.

Priest Bartłomiej Skibiński, Byczyna parish's parson.

AmyBaird88

Replies: 2

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:26 pm      Post subject:

I'm looking for any information about my family.

My Grandfather came to the UK during ww2. It's believed that he was in the polish cavalry and became a prisoner of war. He might of ended up in Scotland.

His name was Leon Jarentowski and a brother named Alfonse Jarentowski.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Amt
Friendlyman

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:56 am      Post subject: Translating Polish Records.

Good Day,
Can Some one please translate the names or words marked with Yellow.
You will need to make the page much larger.

Thank you in advance,
Jack

172.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  172.pdf
 Filesize:  1.27 MB
 Downloaded:  233 Time(s)

zise

Replies: 40

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:14 pm      Post subject: polish marriage record translation help

Hi

can someone please translate these records of my grandparents?
Thanks

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/1/skan/full/OsroS4EZFRpONHzsz4jmOw

Moskowisz Leyzer Birth kozienice- akt 141
– –
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/6/skan/full/gpOL5IJbOb2HffQlwm1cYQ
Moskowisz Abraham Birth kozienice-1814 akt 78

---
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/10/skan/full/q34RHSP9cXhXWZp1b3SABA
Herzkowa Ruchla Death Kozienice 1818 - Akt 42

Herzkowa Ruchla Death Kozienice 1818 - Akt 42.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  199.93 KB

Herzkowa Ruchla Death Kozienice 1818 - Akt 42.jpg

Moskowisz Abraham Birth kozienice 1814- akt 78.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  523.33 KB

Moskowisz Abraham Birth kozienice 1814- akt 78.jpg

Moskowisz Leyzer Birth kozienice 1811- akt 141.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  347.04 KB

Moskowisz Leyzer Birth kozienice 1811- akt 141.jpg

Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Replies: 172

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:19 am      Post subject: Re: polish marriage record translation help

zise wrote:
Hi

Thanks

“Akt 42.jpg”

No. 42 On this, the seventeenth day of May in the year of eighteen eighteen, personally appeared Abraham Lewkowicz and Szmul Judkowicz, both of them being shammeses of legal age, and testified before us that Ruchla Erszkowa, thirty-three years of age, married, had deceased earlier that day, in a house at number 150, at the hour of five in the morning. The certificate of this was drawn up, read aloud and signed by myself, along with the witnesses.

(signed), Priest Jozef Baranowski, Civil Registrar of the Parish of Kozienice
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:52 am      Post subject: Re: polish marriage record translation help

zise wrote:
Hi

Thanks

"akt 78.jpg"

No. 78. On this, the twenty-seventh day of the month of May in the year of eighteen fourteen, at the hour of two in the afternoon, before me, Parish Priest in Kozienice, performing the duties of the Civil Registrar of Kozienice Commune within Kozienice County in Radom Department, personally appeared observant Jew Mosiek Izraelowicz, forty-five years of age, a clergyman residing in Kozienice, and presented to us a child of the male sex, born on the twenty-fifth day of the current month of the current year, at the hour of nine in the morning, in his house at number 150, declaring that the same was born from him and his spouse Sora the daughter of Leyzor, thirty-eight years of age, and that he wished to give him the name Abraham. After the above statement was made and the child was presented in the presence of Leybus Moszkowicz, sixty-one years of age, and Abraham Lewkowicz, thirty-three years of age, both of them being shammeses of the same confession residing in Kozienice, the present certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed by myself and the declarants.

(signed), Priest Jozef Baranowski, Parish Priest in Kozienice, performing the duties of the Civil Registrar of Kozienice Commune and the Town of Kozienice
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:20 am      Post subject: Re: polish marriage record translation help

zise wrote:
Hi

Thanks

akt 141.jpg

No. 141. On this, the tenth day of the month of June in the year of eighteen eleven, at the hour of eleven in the morning, before me, Priest Konrad Kazimierz Rutkowski, performing the duties of the Civil Registrar of Kozienice Commune in Kozienice County within Radom Department, personally appeared Mosiek Izraelowicz, residing in Kozienice at number 151, forty-six years of age, of the Mosaic confession, and presented to us a child of the male sex, born on the seventh day of the current month of the current year, at the hour of two in the afternoon, in a house of his residence, declaring that he was born from him and his spouse Sora Leyzorowna, thirty-two years of age, and that he wished to give him the name Leyzor. After the above statement was made and the child was presented in the presence of Leybus Moszkowicz, a trader residing in Kozienice, sixty years of age, and Szlama Herszkowicz, forty-five years of age, residing in the same Kozienice, the present birth certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed my myself along with the appearers.

(signed), Priest Konrad Kazimierz Rutkowski, Civil Registrar of the Parish and Town of Kozienice
zise

Post Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:48 pm      Post subject: Re: polish marriage record translation help

Fantom wrote:
zise wrote:
Hi

Thanks

akt 141.jpg

No. 141. On this, the tenth day of the month of June in the year of eighteen eleven, at the hour of eleven in the morning, before me, Priest Konrad Kazimierz Rutkowski, performing the duties of the Civil Registrar of Kozienice Commune in Kozienice County within Radom Department, personally appeared Mosiek Izraelowicz, residing in Kozienice at number 151, forty-six years of age, of the Mosaic confession, and presented to us a child of the male sex, born on the seventh day of the current month of the current year, at the hour of two in the afternoon, in a house of his residence, declaring that he was born from him and his spouse Sora Leyzorowna, thirty-two years of age, and that he wished to give him the name Leyzor. After the above statement was made and the child was presented in the presence of Leybus Moszkowicz, a trader residing in Kozienice, sixty years of age, and Szlama Herszkowicz, forty-five years of age, residing in the same Kozienice, the present birth certificate was read aloud to the appearers and subsequently signed my myself along with the appearers.

(signed), Priest Konrad Kazimierz Rutkowski, Civil Registrar of the Parish and Town of Kozienice

Thanks Fantom!
it is very much aprreciated.
Fantom
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:42 am      Post subject: Re: Translating Polish Records.

Friendlyman wrote:
Good Day,

Thank you in advance,
Jack

1. Kluger Mojzesz/Parents: Mirla Geldstein
4. Kluger Jensla
10. Too faint to be deciphered.
11. Too faint to be deciphered.
Column 15: ul. Krótka Nr 184, Krótka Nr 284
Friendlyman

Replies: 26

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:50 am      Post subject: Re: Translating Polish Records.

Thank you very much

Fantom wrote:
Friendlyman wrote:
Good Day,

Thank you in advance,
Jack

1. Kluger Mojzesz/Parents: Mirla Geldstein
4. Kluger Jensla
10. Too faint to be deciphered.
11. Too faint to be deciphered.
Column 15: ul. Krótka Nr 184, Krótka Nr 284

a4u2fear

Replies: 230

Post Posted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:04 pm      Post subject:

Looking to have the attached marriage translated from 1840 in Klecko parish

Michael Rachela and Mary Rojewska

Thanks.

Michael Rachela Maryanna Rojewska marriage film 8000086 img418(1).PNG
 Description:
Kletcko Marriage
 Filesize:  970.16 KB

Michael Rachela Maryanna Rojewska marriage film 8000086 img418(1).PNG

marcelproust
PO Top Contributor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:30 am      Post subject:

a4u2fear wrote:
Looking to have the attached marriage translated from 1840 in Klecko parish

Michael Rachela and Mary Rojewska

Thanks.

Polska Wieś

eodem (latin word: in the same place), on the 18th day of June, the same as above (about the priest) - blessed the marriage between Michał Rachel, a young man, 27 years old and Marianna Rojeńska, a miss, 21 years old, with permission of bride's parents, after 3 banns of marriage, in the presence of the witnesses: Stanisław Pniewski and Ignacy Baranowski, and others.

zise

Post Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:07 am      Post subject: polish marriage record translation help

Hi

Thanks

Ayzyk  Jankielowicz Mordkowicz
https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/35/1879/0/1/30/skan/full/yIQKr5iQOANFJpZ9TFhPAw
Ayzyk  Jankielowicz Mordkowic Death Miedzyrzec 1812 - Akt 65

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/3/skan/full/46G676RGbzEs27jTBRGsnw
Jankielowicz Hana Death Kozienice 1811 - Akt 195

https://szukajwarchiwach.pl/58/144/0/1/11/skan/full/Su8S7cWYQhsW10WjWwzrvA
Mordkowicz Mosiek Death kozienice 1819 - Akt 163

Mordkowicz Mosiek Death kozienice 1819 - Akt 163.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  367.33 KB

Mordkowicz Mosiek Death kozienice 1819 - Akt 163.jpg

Jankielowicz Hana Death Kozienice 1811 - Akt 195.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  321.57 KB

Jankielowicz Hana Death  Kozienice 1811 - Akt 195.jpg

Ayzyk  Jankielowicz Mordkowic Death Miedzyrzec 1812 - Akt 65.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  929.64 KB

Ayzyk  Jankielowicz Mordkowic Death Miedzyrzec 1812 - Akt 65.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 460, 461, 462 ... 578, 579, 580  Next Page 461 of 580

Jump to: